Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:19   #1
adamtva

1989 G19 Gen 2 Question

I just picked up a G19 s/n FW1xx this morning. It's in great shape. Still has black internals so I don't think it's been upgraded and has an uncaptured recoil spring.

It has an old extended slide stop. Can anyone tell me if the slide stop is a factory part? What would have been factory for this gun?

Also, it has a stainless guide rod. Any idea where I can find an original uncaptured polymer one?

It didn't have a box or papers. I'd like to find those too to make it complete.

Any suggestions on where to find old parts would be appreciated.

Glad to have this one. My first gun was a G19 Gen 2. The G19 is my favorite gun and I always regretted letting it get away. This one is interesting because of it's age and the proof marks.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Glock Collector's Club - Click for larger version   Glock Collector's Club - Click for larger version  
adamtva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44   #2
cadillacguns

I too have one an FS I think, I got the internals swapped out and upgraded the rod to the captured type years ago. Call my friend MARK at Bradis Firearms in Camby Indiana at:

Bradis Guns
6939 Kentucky Ave.
Camby, In. 46113
317-856-8880
Hours:
Mon-Sat 10a-6p
Sun Noon-5p

He does have the extended Glock slide stops..........I think yours is aftermarked non Glock, Glock only made the type they use now, except for an older G-17, a current one would fit you G-19 fine.

Yours is Austrian marked and proofed, a real oldy but goody, io use a GS prefix G-19 alot.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09   #3
adamtva

Thanks, I think I found the source of the slide stop and the guide rod I have. I think these were parts purchased from Arotek [URL]http://www.arotek.com/default.aspx?page=ProductView&Part=63[/URL] .
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04   #4
jkrubi

Nice find Adam...Personally I would dump that slide stop and get back to an OEM Glock slide stop, maybe the extended version. If possible post some pics of the internal parts; including the disassembled slide components. It's easy to disassemble the slide, there's plenty of vids available to learn from. A good slide cleaning goes a long way towards better reliability. As far as the metal guide rod, I would recommend getting yourself an OEM Glock captured spring recoil assembly; I really don't think there's any need for a metal guide rod and the captured ones work great. If you are going for absolute originality, then of course you gotta find a Glock un-captured rod & spring.
jkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38   #5
adamtva

I will probably swap the extended slide stop for an OEM version. I've seen some other early gen 2s with the one I have so they must have been fairly popular at some point. it definitely has the old internals. I detail disassembled the frame and slide and the internals are the old style with the exception of the stop and guide rod. I'm not really a collector, mainly because I don't have the money but I do like the fact that this is one of the early examples. Since I don't have the box and those parts are not original - and the finish is not 100%, it's probably not a collectors piece anyway. I'm going to try to have Glock send the new parts to a gunsmith near me so I can keep the original internals in case I want to swap them out later.