SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-08-2012, 15:00   #1
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

New BCM pistol-grip (with comparisons)

BCM's new pistol grip is now shipping. Mine arrived yesterday.

Below are comparisons to other popular grips (A2, Magpul MOE, and TangoDown BG-16).

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

A2 Comparison:
Black Rifle Forum

MOE Comparison:
Black Rifle Forum

BG-16 Comparison:
Black Rifle Forum

The main selling point for the grip is it's angle. It is very similar to the HK-416 grip in most regards (but at a fraction of the price). It does have a storage compartment, and the bottom secures very nicely (and is hinged).

My overall impression is the angle feels odd. However, feeling odd doesn't mean bad, just that I'm not used to it. Hopefully next week I will get a chance to shoot it with the new grip.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 15:05   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Out of curiosity, how does the grip angle compare to different handguns on the market?
Old 04-08-2012, 15:07   #3
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Out of curiosity, how does the grip angle compare to different handguns on the market?
Good questions. I only have HK's to compare it to. Pics will be forthcoming though.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
Old 04-08-2012, 15:13   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayaX View Post
Good questions. I only have HK's to compare it to. Pics will be forthcoming though.
Much appreciated. Consequently, HK grip angles tend to work quite nicely for me, so comparison to HK handguns will help me out a bit.
Old 04-08-2012, 15:17   #5
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Pictures comparing BCM pistol grip to angle of HK45C pistol.

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Note that the angles are similar (not quite exact matches), but the shape is obviously different (the BCM grip doesn't have to hold a magazine full of .45 ACP). It is also good to mention that the BCM grip has (small) swells on the side, making it fit the palm nicely.

-Haile Selassie I

Last edited by WayaX; 04-08-2012 at 15:21..
Old 04-08-2012, 15:22   #6
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Pictures comparing BCM pistol grip to angle of HK45C pistol.

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

Note that the angles are similar (not quite exact matches), but the shape is obviously different (the BCM grip doesn't have to hold a magazine full of .45 ACP). It is also good to mention that the BCM grip has swells on the side, making it fit the palm nicely.
Noice. I like it. Looks like I may be replacing my MIAD grip in the near future. What's the compartment on the Gunfighter like? I like the different core modules available on the MIAD, but haven't seen any solid details on how the Gunfighter is set up to hold batteries, or possibly a spare bolt and firing pin.
Old 04-08-2012, 15:26   #7
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Noice. I like it. Looks like I may be replacing my MIAD grip in the near future. What's the compartment on the Gunfighter like? I like the different core modules available on the MIAD, but haven't seen any solid details on how the Gunfighter is set up to hold batteries, or possibly a spare bolt and firing pin.
The compartment specialization of the MIAD is superior. The BCM is just a hollow grip with a swing-open bottom. Of course, this can be dealt with via some creativity.

-Haile Selassie I

Last edited by WayaX; 04-08-2012 at 15:26..
Old 04-08-2012, 15:32   #8
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
The compartment specialization of the MIAD is superior. The BCM is just a hollow grip with a swing-open bottom. Of course, this can be dealt with via some creativity.
How much space if left after you pop a couple of 123s in there?
Old 04-08-2012, 15:48   #9
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
How much space if left after you pop a couple of 123s in there?
I could stuff 2 123 batteries and a firing pin in. If I were to carry these, I'd probably toss in a pair of ear plugs as well, to stop the rattle:
Black Rifle Forum

Grip with just 2 123 batteries:
Black Rifle Forum

The big disappointment (for me at least), the Cat M4 tool does not fit:
Black Rifle Forum

-Haile Selassie I
Old 04-08-2012, 15:52   #10
WoodenPlank
Who?

Seems like a pair of 123s and some earplugs for padding would be the way to go.
Old 04-08-2012, 15:54   #11
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Seems like a pair of 123s and some earplugs for padding would be the way to go.
That would probably be my choice as well.

-Haile Selassie I
Old 04-08-2012, 16:50   #12
Ruggles

Nice write up and great pics
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 21:16   #13
The Pirate
HARRRRR!!!

Thanks for the review, much appreciated!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 04-08-2012, 22:37   #14
mixflip

I like the angle. It really does remind me of a pistol angle. Probably does the wrist wonders for those who keep their hand on the grip when at check points or on guard somewhere?
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 23:00   #15
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

It's similar to the HK MR556A1's grip, which I don't care for.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:28   #16
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
I like the angle. It really does remind me of a pistol angle. Probably does the wrist wonders for those who keep their hand on the grip when at check points or on guard somewhere?
Oddly enough, I hadn't noticed any real different feeling until I tried it in prone. While in prone, it felt wonderful.

-Haile Selassie I
Old 04-09-2012, 11:03   #17
JBarbaresi

thanks for the pic, my gunfighter mod1 grip will be here today and i'll also give my impressions. i will be switching from the MIAD if i prefer the gunfighter.
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:48   #18
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Neat pictorial. But it kind of does look like the HK MR grip.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 13:01   #19
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Neat pictorial. But it kind of does look like the HK MR grip.
Very similar, but some HK grips do not have the storage compartment. Also, the BCM grip is around $30, while the HK grips are around $70. I'm a big HK fan (but not of the MR556), but I think the prices for some of the simple parts on the 416/417 are ridiculous.

-Haile Selassie I
Old 04-09-2012, 19:36   #20
JBarbaresi

got my grip today and installed it as well. i agree with all of your initial impressions, it does feel odd when compared to the MIAD, MOE, and A2 grips I've used on this rifle previous. I think the angle is something I could get used to, and probably even prefer after a little adjustment period. What I do not like, however, is that it feels very thin in my hands. It feels narrow in width and front to back length in comparison to the MIAD, and being that I am a Glock shooter also this may not be a good thing. I'll give it a chance before making a decision and definitely look forward to getting some rounds down range with it, but right now I'm undecided. I wish the MIAD were available with the steeper angle, that would be interesting.

Black Rifle Forum

MIAD
Black Rifle Forum

Last edited by JBarbaresi; 04-09-2012 at 19:38..
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote