SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-08-2012, 13:33   #1
battlin bulldog
sand

Yugo AK. need help

bought this two years ago on impulse from a buddy who needed cash. put a mag through it before i deployed and in the safe it sat for over a year. I get home and pull it out and notice two missing rivets on the back of the receiver. they look like they are for keeping the folder in place but its not loose left to right at all. Im not a big AK guy so i dont know much about this. its a century m70 ab2.

part two of the question. I have a friend who wants to buy this and i dont want to sell him anything that isnt safe to use. im of course gonna point this out to him, i also dont know what i should knock off of the value. opinions and help appreciated. heres some picks. thanks in advance everyone
The Kalashnikov Klub
By cvscout at 2012-04-08
The Kalashnikov Klub
By cvscout at 2012-04-08
Old 04-08-2012, 14:00   #2
plouffedaddy

Well, I've owned a few AB2s in my day and never seen that...

But, since the rivets that are in the proper place look secure I'd say it's certainly not a safety issue. There's a ton of AK parts builders out there that sell "AK receiver screws" if you don't have the tools to use rivets. They'll work just fine but AK snobs will give you crap for it...

I'd say the lack of the rivets takes between $50-75 off the value of the gun. FWIW, I sold a Yugo M70AB2 for $800 last month and I've seen them selling for that or higher this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 14:03   #3
battlin bulldog
sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
Well, I've owned a few AB2s in my day and never seen that...

But, since the rivets that are in the proper place look secure I'd say it's certainly not a safety issue. There's a ton of AK parts builders out there that sell "AK receiver screws" if you don't have the tools to use rivets. They'll work just fine but AK snobs will give you crap for it...

I'd say the lack of the rivets takes between $50-75 off the value of the gun. FWIW, I sold a Yugo M70AB2 for $800 last month and I've seen them selling for that or higher this year.
thanks for the reply. I payed 300 for it 2 years ago so either way i feel ok about what i have.
Old 04-08-2012, 19:56   #4
zeme05

Just shot mine this afternoon and had not put it in the safe yet so looked at it. It is just a coulpe of rivits for the folding trunion and won't affect safety. I was wondering about using a pop rivet the using body putty to round it over ,sand down the putty and paint. You might want to check out Gunbroker.com for Yugo AKs. The price has doubled since you bought that one.

Last edited by zeme05; 04-08-2012 at 20:00..
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 20:36   #5
Decguns

Contact Century Arms. It is a safety issue, so they should repair it even though the warranty is long gone. That rear trunnion is the only thing keeping that bolt carrier from going out the back of the receiver and smacking you in the face.

Don't be a ****** and half ass the repair. This is a firearm, and you just announced to the entire world you knew it was missing rivets. A pop rivet is not going to hold it. If need be, you can buy a entire set of AK rivets for less than $10. Find some dude from vehicle maintenace (sheet metal) and give him a 6-pack to install the rivets propper.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:15   #6
plouffedaddy

Dec--Not trying to be a smart#ss here but how would the trunnion come out if the underfolder is in there? I can't see how that would happen unless someone removed it...?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47   #7
battlin bulldog
sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
Dec--Not trying to be a smart#ss here but how would the trunnion come out if the underfolder is in there? I can't see how that would happen unless someone removed it...?
thats what im thinking as well. My friend im selling it to is well aware of the missing rivets and im selling him the AK, 3 mags, and a 640 round can of ammo for 450. I could sell it for more but i know what i payed for it. I like hooking up friends, especially those who had my back in iraq. Plus he knows that if he ever has any problems with it. all he has to do is drive down the street and he knows i will help him make it right. thanks again for the advice
Old 04-09-2012, 17:05   #8
zeme05

Your a good bud and I'm not being a smart ass!!
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 20:45   #9
UnjollyRoger

A $5 to $10 fix is worth your friends well being.
Kalashnikov Klub #44

Last edited by UnjollyRoger; 04-20-2012 at 21:14..
UnjollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote