SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:15   #1
arcanetripwire
I'm 10-8

Guy hates cops, lets me know it!

Not sure if anyone has run into this issue with cop haters, but kinda of an interesting story. So tonight myself and two other of my fellow deputies are just patrolling when my partner conducts a traffic stop. Some random individual driving by, not involved in that traffic stop, slow rolls by my partner and starts yelling "F'in cops" this and that, and then speeds off.

So naturally my partner and I figure this guy really wants to talk about something. We pull this guy over and right away he starts acting like an ass. We come to find out that the only reason he yelled at my partner, started crap with me and two other deputies on the side of the road was simply, "because he hates cops!"

We pull this guy out of his car and have a nice professional conversation about how he is a grown ass man and should act like one. He continually said the only reason we pulled him over was to harass him. Of course he was cited for traffic infraction that was PC for the initial stop. I swear I've never seen anybody go out of their way to antagonize the POPO like that. Just thought I would share with everyone tonight.
arcanetripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:17   #2
Ohio Copper

Did you get his gt username? Sounds like a serious poster of GnG.

Sent from my Calculator.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:18   #3
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I ignore them. Giving them attention is what they want the most. Want to frustrate them? Just blow kisses at them and wave.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:25   #4
arcanetripwire
I'm 10-8

Kisses sounds like a plan... Going to have to try that. Unfortunately his GnG username was something he refused to give us.
arcanetripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:42   #5
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

I've had that happen several times.

Most times, I let it go.

One time, sweet karma was working in my favor. A truck drove by a stop I was on, the driver screamed "****ing PIG!!!!" at me, and rolled on past. Several hours later I encountered the truck parked in a business lot, it was about 1" over the line into a handicapped space. I felt bad writing him the $250 parking ticket. No, no I didn't...
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:51   #6
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

I've always yelled: "Same to you" while smiling.

I figured if the person was yelling "F you" to me, and I was called on the carpet for saying "Same to you", no big deal. I mean, If I can't really hear what someone said and take it upon myself to interpret it as a friendly generic greeting, how can I go wrong by reciprocating what they said?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:52   #7
Fireplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
I ignore them. Giving them attention is what they want the most. Want to frustrate them? Just blow kisses at them and wave.

Thank god! I thought I was the only one that did that.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:35   #8
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

Sent from my Calculator.
Or a PAFOA poster...
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Ship A'Hoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:13   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

Sent from my Calculator.
Yeah, but I can't think of one that would have the huevos to do that in real life, instead of just post it on GT.

Last edited by Bren; 04-07-2012 at 04:57..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:33   #10
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanetripwire View Post
Not sure if anyone has run into this issue with cop haters, but kinda of an interesting story. So tonight myself and two other of my fellow deputies are just patrolling when my partner conducts a traffic stop. Some random individual driving by, not involved in that traffic stop, slow rolls by my partner and starts yelling "F'in cops" this and that, and then speeds off.

So naturally my partner and I figure this guy really wants to talk about something. We pull this guy over and right away he starts acting like an ass. We come to find out that the only reason he yelled at my partner, started crap with me and two other deputies on the side of the road was simply, "because he hates cops!"

We pull this guy out of his car and have a nice professional conversation about how he is a grown ass man and should act like one. He continually said the only reason we pulled him over was to harass him. Of course he was cited for traffic infraction that was PC for the initial stop. I swear I've never seen anybody go out of their way to antagonize the POPO like that. Just thought I would share with everyone tonight.

So, you pull him over with what PC? And yes, you did pull him over to harass him, you just admitted you wanted to "talk to him". Maybe, just maybe, you might have changed his opinion had you not pulled him over and out of his vehicle or cited him, and instead, just left him alone.

You realize that you intentionally put yourself in harm's way doing what you did right?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 04-07-2012, 04:45   #11
puckhead

How would it have changed his mind? That is just as dumb as the guy who yelled at this cop.

He said they found PC to stop him, it is pretty easy to get PC if you really want in a car. And here, that is considered, fighting words and he could have been charged.

As for safety, I gaurantee there were several cops there that would have been ready to roll if needed.
puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:57   #12
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
So, you pull him over with what PC? And yes, you did pull him over to harass him, you just admitted you wanted to "talk to him". Maybe, just maybe, you might have changed his opinion had you not pulled him over and out of his vehicle or cited him, and instead, just left him alone.

You realize that you intentionally put yourself in harm's way doing what you did right?

Clyde
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04   #13
PinkoCommie
Unusual Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Wise words right there. Maybe he's from the est coast?

This wasn't me... --DaBigBR
I was hauling a large quotient of ass. --Cochese
PinkoCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:47   #14
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Clyde

Just WOW!!!!!!

Talk about the dumbest, most asinine post of the day.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:49   #15
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

My record for a single stop was 23 summonses. All issued to the same *********.

He kept talking and I kept writing.

Sometimes the pen IS mightier than the sword.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:54   #16
GRIMLET
Deceased

My reply is a standard, " Sir, I'm not a homosexual but thanks for the offer" when called a mf'er
My standard response is, "Sir, I don't even know your mom".
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:11   #17
Officer X

Quote:

Clyde
Don't need PC to conduct a motor vehicle stop, the requirement is reasonable suspicion of a motor vehicle offense.

If he slowed down enough in traffic to yell at the officers, conditions permitting, it may very well fit into our statute of Obstructing Traffic.

Additionally we could stop under the recognized community caretaking standards. This driver may have very well been trying to get the officer's attention because he needed some kind of help, so they checked on him.

Have a great gun carryin' Krav Maga day
Officer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18   #18
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer X View Post
Don't need PC to conduct a motor vehicle stop, the requirement is reasonable suspicion of a motor vehicle offense.

If he slowed down enough in traffic to yell at the officers, conditions permitting, it may very well fit into our statute of Obstructing Traffic.

Additionally we could stop under the recognized community caretaking standards. This driver may have very well been trying to get the officer's attention because he needed some kind of help, so they checked on him.

Have a great gun carryin' Krav Maga day

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:19   #19
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

Idiots got to be idiots!
Probably done enough to get to know the POPO in the past!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:20   #20
jbotstein1

Do they not teach the whole "sticks and stones" rhyme in the academy?
jbotstein1 is offline   Reply With Quote