Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-08-2012, 18:42   #41
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier23 View Post
The PPQ is the Glock for people who don't want to get a Glock
The P99 and PPQ are for people who don't like the feel of a 2x4 for a grip.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 18:46   #42
porschedog

PPQs seem uber ergo to me

I have one and it goes to the range with my Glocks quite often. I enjoy them all, but the Walther "freels" good from the get go.
Just my opinion
Choose what makes you happy

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 22:19   #43
MadCityJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
It's not unreasonable to assume that you would do a quick search on the pistols you are not already familiar with. A quick search with "PPQ" in the subject line for the last year would have resulted in enough information to get an idea of the kind of feedback you will get on the pistol. And, you wouldn't have to wait a couple days to get it.
Correct assumption. I read on the internet, I go to stores and I check on this forum. What is great about the forum is you get a very timely response and varied opinions--along with the BS. There is a strong consensus supporting the PPQ. Thanks for your serious input as well.
MadCityJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 23:55   #44
Wash-ar15

I looked at and really would like a PPQ. But $50 mags really sours me to getting one. I have at least 5- 7 mags for pistol I own. Same with HK's. Never owned one of those.
Wash-ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32   #45
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash-ar15 View Post
I looked at and really would like a PPQ. But $50 mags really sours me to getting one. I have at least 5- 7 mags for pistol I own. Same with HK's. Never owned one of those.
Yeah, that's a bit steep (but then again try owning an SV! ).

I wonder why they didn't design it to accept the P99 magazines?

NO ONE rivals GLOCK when it comes to magazine interchangeability.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36   #46
45caldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Yeah, that's a bit steep (but then again try owning an SV! ).

NO ONE rivals GLOCK when it comes to magazine interchangeability.
Do a search on PPQs here on GT.
You can use Magnum Research mags (made by MecGar) and sell for $32.
I have 5 of these....
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24   #47
DEADEYEGUY

The PPQ is that good! Everyone who has shot mine has loved it. The ergo' are superb. The best trigger in any polymer gun I've ever owned. And extremely accurate. Most have shot it better than the pistols they brought to the range. Have not heard one negative comment from anyone who has actually shot the pistol. High bore axis and tough recoil?
Come on it's a 9mm. The only 9mm's that I've shot that hav had bad recoil have been the really small 9mm's like my PF-9. The whole idea that a few tenth's of an inch higher bore makes a gun too hard to control is for most of us anyways a myth. The guns weight, how it fits the hand, and a multitude of other things determine how it feels in recoil in ones hand. No one has found my PPQ painful to shoot. Unless Walther doesn't like making money it's not going anywhere soon.
DEADEYEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38   #48
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

The only people you will hear speaking of "high bore axis" are Glock fan boys, and wannabes seeking validation and pseudo professionalism.

The rest of us just shoot it, and don't think anything about it. I don't care if it kicked like a .44mag, with the sweet ergonomics, mag release, and superior reliability, I could handle it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
P99er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42   #49
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
It does accept the new P99 magazines. The change in mags wasn't from P99 to PPQ, but from generation to generation of the P99. The PPQ is just a newer generation P99, the P99 RAD.

On the PPQ magazines, the front is about 1\8" lower than an old P99. I'm lucky in that I have several P99 new style mags, and only a couple old style. You can find pictures at the Walther Forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45   #50
jokon
Cold Infidel

From what I understand the ppq is not +p rated, is this correct?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 04-09-2012, 12:58   #51
ESI Agent

I would vote for the Ruger SR9. I had the G19/G26 kept the SR9,SR9c. You don't have to use the external safety but it's their if you want to use it , which I like having a external safety on a home defense weapon. The SR9 has a better grip, better price,and a life time warranty and your be putting Americans to work, what a thought.
ESI Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 13:02   #52
45caldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokon View Post
From what I understand the ppq is not +p rated, is this correct?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Incorrect.
The manual does say to avoid + P + though.
Old 04-09-2012, 13:55   #53
itstime

I'm hitting this late. I'm a lefty. Have everything you are asking about.

Sig. Great value. Not for me. Bad ergos. If you like it, can't say anything bad about it. Not on my top list.

Glock. Great guns. Nuff said. You have one and know what it is.

PPQ. My favorite. Shoots great, great ergos, great trigger. Great everything. I LOVE it. My GF is a lefty. (what are the odds) She loves it. Her favorite also.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16   #54
MadCityJack

Thanks to all who provided input. I just purchased the PPQ online from Bud's and will be awaiting a call from my local FFL. I will compare the PPQ with my G19 and give an update as we progress. Glock Fans, my next Glock (?) will come in 2013.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19   #55
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityJack View Post
Thanks to all who provided input. I just purchased the PPQ online from Bud's and will be awaiting a call from my local FFL. I will compare the PPQ with my G19 and give an update as we progress. Glock Fans, my next Glock (?) will come in 2013.
Congrats!

Would love to see comparison pics between the PPQ and G19, particularly the grip length and sight radius.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 13:10   #56
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

I guess we can tell you now.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 14:18   #57
MadCityJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
I guess we can tell you now.

BIG MISTAKE!!!
Oh, no. You have got to be kidding.

NO REGRETS ON THIS END! (Maybe I'll change my handle to PPQer)
Old 04-10-2012, 15:41   #58
4Rules

Quote:
Congrats!

Would love to see comparison pics between the PPQ and G19, particularly the grip length and sight radius.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvAL...ailpage#t=758s
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 20:30   #59
Taphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHack View Post
Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction. A few years ago I fell in love with the Gen3 G19 as an idea, and really worked to get a handle on it. After a few thousand rounds, I got fed up with the blocky feel, and my inability to consistently hit accurately with it. The size, capacity, and reliability are perfect, but I just couldn't truly "bond" with it as my CCW, try as I might. I stuck with my 1911s for carry.

So I bought a Gen4 G19. Liked the feel of it even less than the Gen3, the trigger was worse, and I still couldn't hit accurately with it. It did not have the problems others have reported with erratic ejection, but ultimately I still didn't like it. Sold it in two weeks.

Fed up, I bought a PPQ in 9mm. Incredible feel and workmanship. Great trigger. Love the magazine release, it's a better idea. Total reliability with any ammo. And I can hit with it like my 1911s or G30. I was set! I shot and played with and carried it exclusively for the past several weeks.

Then I went back and picked up my Gen3 G19. Suddenly, it felt great. It felt much more small and "dense" than the PPQ, more rugged and simple. More "business." Carries way better for me than the PPQ, just a subjective impression. The grip is barely longer than the G19, but feels like it's a foot long when I'm carrying it.

I took both to the range and shot them side by side. I still shoot the PPQ consistently more accurately, but strangely feel more confident and comfortable with the G19, and handle it better in rapid fire follow-ups. The PPQ is not uncontrollable by any stretch, but it doesn't "stick" on the target for me the way the Glock does between shots. The feel of the recoil is more noticeable in my palm with Gold Dot 124 +P. The frame feels harder and more "brittle" than the Gen3 G19.

In fairness, I'm more familiar with the G19, having messed with it for two years. I need more time with the PPQ. I'm not selling my PPQ by a long shot, but it's superiority over my G19 is no longer so crystal clear to me. I like both, but am back to leaning to the G19 as a carry gun for now. Which bothers me, because I really was motivated to switch to the PPQ.

I'm not a Glock fanboy. I'm an admitted 1911 fanboy, who admires Glocks greatly. The PPQ is the first non-1911, non-Glock that I've given the time of day in years. It's a great gun. But it's not just an improved G19, it's more different from a Glock 19 than it looks. I wish I could describe it better.
I found the same to be true with me, after holding the ppq as many times as I could I always went back to my 17/22/23/27 thinking the glocks just felt better, and for $150 less
Taphius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:10   #60
fowler

1st G19,2nd Sig2022,3rd SR9 4th PPQ
fowler is offline   Reply With Quote