SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-03-2012, 20:08   #21
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
That is a huge difference. You already don't have much of a grip to hang onto. That high bore axis means the gun is going to flip a lot more in your hand.

I predict this gun is going to be bouncing empty shells off your head at a minimum. I would also be willing to bet that your recovery time between shots is nothing to write home about either.
I sure hope not, but we shall see. The Nano does have a relatively aggressive texture on the front and back straps, which should help. Talon Grips has a model for the Nano as well, which might help too. I'd really rather not have to go that route, though, as I don't like much texturing on the sides of a carry gun.
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 20:21   #22
joedoc

First range trip with my Nano. I had 4 FTE in 120 rounds, which concerns me for carry reliability.
And it jammed up tight each time. The next round in the mag was jammed against the unextracted shell and it took some effort (and time) to clear. Different ammo, different mags.
Not an auspicious start.
The extractor looks fine, will try a good cleaning, lube. Any tips, other than waiting for the XD single stack?
Old 04-03-2012, 21:58   #23
klw74jupiter

I own a Nano and have shot / am purchasing a 27. I love the Nano but it takes some getting used to. The high bore axis combined with a short grip makes it want to jump out of your hand until you figure out how to hold it. I added a pachmyer grip, which helped, but really want some grip extensions for better control. I've had ejected shells hit me in the head. There are almost no aftermarket goodies available for the Nano. The trigger pull is much longer than a glock, but is fairly good for a DAO weapon.

The lack of a slide release is actually pretty cool. The gun is very thin and even more simple to operate than a Glock, if possible. Very easy to clean too. If you are accustomed to releasing the slide by slingshot you will never miss it. The 27 may have a little more shove but they shoot about the same to me.

---
I am here:
klw74jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 22:17   #24
klw74jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoc View Post
First range trip with my Nano. I had 4 FTE in 120 rounds, which concerns me for carry reliability... Any tips, other than waiting for the XD single stack?
Some of them are jamming just like you described (including mine). I cleaned out the striker channel (disassembling the slide is very similar to a glock) and try to avoid limp wristing shots. I also left the slide locked open and mags loaded for a couple of days after the first time I cleaned the Nano.

After my first use (I went straight to the range without cleaning first) all 3 failures I've had since were late in a practice round when my concentration wasn't the best. Beretta says not to use cheap 115 grain ammo but I've had better luck with WWB than any of the higher grain rounds I tried.

---
I am here:
klw74jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 22:43   #25
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrn View Post
I think the high bore axis worries are overblown.
I think you're right ... no, I know you're right.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 22:56   #26
TSAX
USAF Vet

Nice job with the pics, I hope when you shot it you dont have any regrets. I have not fired it yet but will soon. You could always go with the G26. The PPS 9mm is also a good option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member

Last edited by TSAX; 04-03-2012 at 22:57..
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 20:48   #27
rockapede

Update w/ range report: I didn't get a ton of time to shoot, but I shot 150 rounds of 115 gr. WWB through the Nano today. I did no cleaning or adding of lubrication. Every single round fed, fired, extracted, and ejected as it was supposed to. No brass to the face, all landed about 4 feet away to my 4 o'clock or so. I even tried to make it fail by rapid firing and intentionally limp wristing to the point of holding the gun with nothing but my finger on the trigger and thumb around the backstrap. I could not be more pleased!

Recoil was stiffer than my G19 but significantly less intense than my G27 was. Double and triple taps were just fine. The trigger seemed to smooth out significantly as well. I wholeheartedly recommend the Nano!
Old 04-06-2012, 20:55   #28
ctfireman

I too am having a positive experience with my nano. 600 rounds & no failures. I expected to put 100 through it just to be able to trust it but it actually is fun to shoot.

Rest in peace Okie, your memory will live on forever.
ctfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:14   #29
kj4963

I have been considering a Nano, but it will not replace any of my Glocks. As I don't think you can have too many guns! I had heard of the Nano having issues when first released. Sounds like it might be time to add to my collection
G21 Club # 4963. .357 Sig club #4963
NRA & GSSF member. :therapy:
kj4963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 23:40   #30
carbuncle
is not cool.

Thanks for the pics, that's very illustrative. I'm waiting on the new S&W release, to make a decision but I ant to ad a single-stack 9mm to the mix within the next year or so.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2012, 09:05   #31
maxpower220

Quote:
Originally Posted by klw74jupiter View Post
I added a pachmyer grip, which helped, but really want some grip extensions for better control. I've had ejected shells hit me in the head. ...... The trigger pull is much longer than a glock, but is fairly good for a DAO weapon.

Once you add the grip and the extension, wouldn't you have a gun about the same size as a G26?

I am looking at my next purchase, and I would like to like the Nano, but it doesn't seem to be better than a G26, especially if I need to add this and that.
maxpower220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 22:00   #32
ftw13

looks like they ripped off the same crappy uncomfortable grip from the pm9,pass

Man i would love to pocket carry a 50AE. The recoil will probably be like Will Smith's pocket gun in Men In Black
ftw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:46   #33
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftw13 View Post
To each their own. I was surprised by how relatively pleasant the Nano is to shoot.

Then again, grip comfort is pretty low on my priority list for a "micro" nine.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:37   #34
joedoc

Update on Nano

Second range trip flawless
No FTE.
I had cleaned and lubed the Nano-- used the same lube points that we use on Glocks,as the Nano manual did not specify procedure for lubrication. Also lubed the extractor well, and used maybe a little better ammo.
Anyway seems to function just fine now
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14   #35
jb1911

Here's a pretty good shot showing the difference between the G26 and Nano:

General Firearms Forum

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42   #36
Caladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftw13 View Post
If you owned either one, you would know that these two grips are greatly different from each other, especially in circumference and texture.

But I do undstand that since they are both black and are attached to a handgun, that someone would think they are the same....
Caladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52   #37
Caladan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
Once you add the grip and the extension, wouldn't you have a gun about the same size as a G26?

I am looking at my next purchase, and I would like to like the Nano, but it doesn't seem to be better than a G26, especially if I need to add this and that.
If you added those, it still wouldn't be as long or as heavy as a G26.

However, you really do not need to add anything to the Nano. You should try one out if you get a chance. Also try out the Sig P290 and the Kahr CM9 too, if you haven't already...
Caladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 18:32   #38
rockapede

Update w/another range report

I cleaned and lubricated the gun with CLP prior to shooting. Total round count today: 150 (50 115 gr. WWB, 50 115 gr. Federal Champion, 50 124 gr. +P Gold Dot). Again, the Nano fed, fired, extracted, and eject every round. Recoil was still very mild for the size of the gun with the 115 grain ammo. I did several mag dumps with the 115 grain ammo, shooting rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger. Ejection was more erratic when doing this, but no malfunctions occurred.

The Gold Dots were a whole different story recoil-wise! It was very reminiscent of my G27, but I wouldn't call it worse. For a micro nine shooting carry ammo, it's quite acceptable.

The Nano is going into my carry rotation starting tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30   #39
carbuncle
is not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
Here's a pretty good shot showing the difference between the G26 and Nano:

General Firearms Forum
That's the money shot: you just sold me on a Nano!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2012, 21:27   #40
Berto
woo woo

Those are great comparison pics. The Nano looks pretty awesome.