Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:21   #1
berfles

Need a safe for my G23

I've been looking for a safe pretty much since I got my gun, but none of them seem to be exactly what I want. I don't want something electronic that can fail, I don't don't a dial based safe because they take too long, and I'm not fond of the Fort Knox based safe because of the Simplex locking system that anyone can crack with enough time.

Am I being unreasonable in my search or are there ones I'm missing? I only have one gun and 7 magazines so I don't need something huge, but I want to be able to access it quickly if I need to.
berfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 17:32   #2
tall terry

Everything is a compromise Anything locked can be broken into with enough time. Anything is better than nothing, the object is to slow down and aggrivate the thief. I think you are being slightly unreasonable unless you are willing to spend more on a safe for one gun than the gun inside it is worth.
tall terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 17:40   #3
berfles

I suppose you're right. I still like this one, but it's a bit more than I want to spend...

I don't know. Seems like either that or one of the GunVault ones are the ones that keep popping up.
Old 04-02-2012, 13:15   #4
FAS1
GT Sponsor

I like the push button mechanical locks like the Simplex and that's what I use. Ft. Knox, V-Line and mine use this style lock in different configurations. For example mine locks when you close it and some you need to turn the knob to re-lock it. If thieves are a concern, I would be just as concerned about the strength of the safe itself and where you will mount it and how. If you just place it in a drawer or on top of the nightstand then a thief will just take the whole thing with him and it won't matter what you use.

http://www.fas1safe.com
"The Fast and Secure One"
Link to Facebook: FAS1 SAFE
FAS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 13:19   #5
berfles

It'll definitely be bolted to the floor somewhere, I'd never just stick it in a drawer where someone could take the whole thing.I like the Fort Knox because it seems roomy, the V-Lines look a little cramped.

Last edited by berfles; 04-02-2012 at 13:20..