Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 19:34   #721
Pardoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Did he waive his right to a speedy trial?

I ask because most defense attorney's like waiving it to make sure they have all the DA's evidence long before trial. That way they can consult with outside experts. Though some will refuse to waive time to make the DA hurry and maybe screw up or at the very least not have all the evidence they would like.
The DA hasn't even completed the discovery phase where they are required to turn over all the evidence they have to the defense team.

After watching the defense tear into the DA's lead detective at the bond hearing, I doubt they will need to waste too much time bringing this one to trial if it even makes it that far.

Seems like an intelligent and fair judge is handling this case.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13   #722
vkscott
Retired USAF

Sanford City Council, mixed message

The same council that threw him under the bus, rejects his resignation?

Link

NRA Member, G30SF, Kimber Raptor II.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20   #723
kat1950

Community citizens have been arranging a rally in Sanford for this weekend in Support of George Zimmerman.
Old 04-24-2012, 19:28   #724
vkscott
Retired USAF

DOJ has time for this

Interesting article from Reuters

NRA Member, G30SF, Kimber Raptor II.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:16   #725
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

delete
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 04-25-2012 at 11:23.. Reason: dubl post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:23   #726
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkscott View Post
Interesting article from Reuters
Locally, this topic and argument have essentially been on a perpetual pendulum swings, if you will, since the late 50's. At first, the pendulum had swung to the side of bigotry (i.e., against woman and particular religious or ethnic groups) and racism.

There were openly bigoted and racist ideals/principles in our (i.e., Jacksonville's) fire fighting entity WAY back in the day and although a little more guarded, it remains there today. Thankfully, during that time there were also, and on through to today there are also, a HUGE number of non-bigots and nonracial discriminatory professionals that didn't/don't care what sex, ethnicity, or race a firefighter was/is as long as he/she knew how to do their job(s) in a professional manner.

If I recall the chronology/timing correctly: During the jimmy karter era it was the affirmative action program (hereafter: AA) that made so many promotions for minorities (e.g., promoting a person solely due to them being a certain color, gender, or ethnicity) a mandatory part of our local firefighting entity.

The pendulum, under the AA plan, then swung to the other extreme. AA caused a mandatory promotion process solely due to one's race, sex, or ethnicity instead of the qualifications a candidate brought to the table. Of course this promotion process led to actual occurrences of unqualified people taking on too much responsibility.

This fact alone led to a lot of additional, but unnecessary, equipment failure, property loss (both for the city and for private property owners), injuries (some serious), and untold hundreds of "near misses" that could have caused catastrophic injury or death to our firefighters. However, it also led to certain persons getting the promotions they had well deserved and were more than qualified to handle.

Due to the "overall" failure of the AA program in our firefighters, the pendulum then began to swing in favor of the bigotry and racism the AA program was trying to nullify. It was decided that a blanket, benchmark written type of test was the answer. This actually caused the pendulum to remain stationary of extreme swings and almost every firefighter that is not a bigot or racist was content to allow promotions based on the applicant's actual merit, training, experience and knowledge.

Unfortunately, vkscott, after reading the article you linked, it appears that bigotry and racism never end and we may again have to undergo yet another unfair and outdated pendulum swing such as this city used to suffer in the past. At least Jacksonville is the proud home of inventing and creating the modern Rescue service that has come to be a symbiotic part of any major metropolitan firefighting company, which the birth of the modern Rescue service only made possible due to Jacksonville's professionals working together without the canker of bigotry and racism that only ruins and impedes each environment it enters.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Thanks, but I typically don't follow the advice of condescending dolts." -GT's own: badge315

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 04-25-2012 at 11:27..
Old 04-25-2012, 11:35   #727
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

"...arrest the guy with the gun and sort it out later..."

"Generally, it's arrest the guy with the gun and sort it out later. That's always been the way it works in Angela Corey's circuit," said Teresa Sopp, a veteran criminal defense lawyer who has battled Corey in court on numerous occasions.

Defense attorneys...

sarcasm
Old 04-29-2012, 09:50   #728
Mr T

fdgfsdfs
Old 04-29-2012, 13:05   #729
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
fdgfsdfs
Fat dogs get fatter so don't feed squirrels???
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:23   #730
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyDammit View Post
Fat dogs get fatter so don't feed squirrels???
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
fdgfsdfs
Old 05-15-2012, 23:07   #731
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Court records say George Zimmerman had multiple injuries after Trayvon Martin's fatal shooting

Old 05-15-2012, 23:42   #732
DocCasualty

Guess that answers the "where were Zimmerman's injuries?" questions.
Old 05-15-2012, 23:49   #733
ateamer
NRA4EVR

Impossible! They said on the news that they couldn't see any injuries on the grainy police parking lot video. That proved it right there that he wasn't injured. Why, the NRA probably went into the doctor's files and just made these injuries up.
Know-it-all
Old 05-16-2012, 04:53   #734
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Court records say George Zimmerman had multiple injuries after Trayvon Martin's fatal shooting

and....
Autopsy results show Trayvon Martin had injuries to his knuckles

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/autopsy-results-show-trayvon-martin-had-injuries-h/nN6gs/

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Old 05-16-2012, 05:40   #735
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

All of this is moot now. They have arrested him.

Anyway, ALL the main stream news outlets, angela corey, rick scott, al sharpton, j. jackson et al have decided this was racially motivated and not applicable under Florida's stand your ground 'protect yourself from criminals' law.

As a Florida resident, I'm disgusted with the entire lot of them. IMHO, the endgame might be to get Z found guilty or plead to a lesser charge somewhere down the line. Even so, the fact he was arrested opens up Z, and the rest of Florida's law abiding citizens, to law suits simply because he/we had/have to defend himself/ourselves.

It's these kinds of reprehensible, disgusting, draconian reactions from our officials that remind of a time back in the day when Florida's legal/court system spent more time and money protecting criminals than they did assisting the victims of crimes.

I know it's past tense, but Z should have NEVER been arrested in the first place and all this so called evidence that's "coming out now" has actually been there from day one if ANYONE had cared to look for it prior to the arrest. I'm worried folks, but not about riots or attacks being encouraged and spurred on by the likes of sharpton or his ilk, I'm worried from the perspective of what this will do to Florida's court system view of the victims' needs to be protected from criminals.

ETA: And this entire event only serves to stoke the fire of the gun grabbers' agenda. Hey, with eric holder still hanging around, don't think it won't begin to happen next year during barry soetoro's second term as the united States' emeritus dictator.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 05-16-2012 at 06:29..
Old 05-16-2012, 06:09   #736
DonGlock26

Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical"

"Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won't make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge," Dershowitz said. "There's simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder."

_
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
Old 05-16-2012, 06:36   #737
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Not getting off track, but just remembering the facts concerning o.j. simpson's not guilty verdicts of both murder charges against him.

After the trial, surviving family members, from both Nicole's and Ron Goodman's families, sued and won against o.j. in civil court.

Could M's surviving family members do the same to Z since he's been arrested? If yes, then the intent of 'stand your ground' might becoming undermined.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 05-16-2012 at 06:36..
Old 05-16-2012, 06:58   #738
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Not getting off track, but just remembering the facts concerning o.j. simpson's not guilty verdicts of both murder charges against him.

After the trial, surviving family members, from both Nicole's and Ron Goodman's families, sued and won against o.j. in civil court.

Could M's surviving family members do the same to Z since he's been arrested? If yes, then the intent of 'stand your ground' might becoming undermined.
They could try, but I think the fact that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him, as seen by two eyewitnesses, will come out in trial.

_
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25   #739
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical"

Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical" - YouTube

"Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won't make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge," Dershowitz said. "There's simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder."

_
Wow, J.B. A. Dershowitz thinks the same as a lot of folks, and he is one of the best of the best legal minds in the world.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 05-16-2012 at 07:26..
Old 05-16-2012, 07:39   #740
merlynusn

Yes, there is a reason why the police didn't arrest Zimmerman immediately. If they uncovered evidence during their investigation, and decided to arrest him, that's one thing. But based on the warrant affidavit, they did not uncover anything new and it's politically motivated.

I fully expect a federal hate crime charge to come out against Zimmerman. It is what is needed to stoke the fire and get the race war the current administration wants started. I should say, it sets the wheels in motion so when he's acquitted, the race war starts.

From what I understand, if Zimmerman uses Stand Your Ground in court and is found not guilty, that absolves him of the civil liability. Just because he's arrested, doesn't mean anything right now. If he does not use the SYG, then he would be open to the civil liability, even if found not guilty, I believe.

Yes, this entire incident has been perverted by the administration so they can further their agenda.

ETA: And yes, the injuries to both Zimmerman and Martin would have been known to any half competent homicide investigator within 24 hours of the incident (after autopsy and Zimmerman's hospital visit).

Last edited by merlynusn; 05-16-2012 at 07:40..

Closed Thread