Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:10   #241
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911austin View Post
The most important presidential election in the last 100 years is approaching and the biggest news story in the country is an isolated incident between a young thug and a possibly overzealous neighborhood watchman. Only Zimmerman and maybe a handful of wittiness really know what happened but it seems that all 320+ million Americans have a strong opinion on what should happen with the case. While I personally do not know the facts of this case, it is very apparent they it us being used to “change the subject” about the real problems that plague our nation.
Once he gets charged in state court (I think he will unless it is blatant that he was 100% in the right from start to finish) this will all blow over because the defense is going to look for a change of venue. The prosecution will challenge it. The defense is going to be given time to look over all the evidence and witness statements. They will try to interview witnesses themselves. So on and so on and so on.

I am willing to bet by Labor Day this will all be forgotten. It will only pop up when it goes to trial. In a year or two.

Americans and the their media have attention spans of a two year old.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17   #242
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
The defense is going to be given time to look over all the evidence and witness statements. They will try to interview witnesses themselves. So on and so on and so on.
In Fl not only does the defense get everything the prosecution has including any depositions they do. The defense gets to do their own depositions.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18   #243
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I hope that I'm not being considered one of the chest pounders, just trying to give my thoughts.
well in at least this conclusion you are correct. I wasn't talking about you.

Last edited by Dragoon44; 03-28-2012 at 10:29..
Old 03-28-2012, 10:28   #244
RussP

Folks, I'm going to ask, politely, that all y'all stop the personal attacks made both directly or by innuendo.

Not saying you have to go all warm and fuzzy with each other, just don't cross the line and break the rules.

Thanks,

RussP

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 03-28-2012, 10:30   #245
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
well in at least this conclusion you are correct. I wasn't talking about you.

I'm reporting you to Russ, because by innuendo you are calling me stupid!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32   #246
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Once he gets charged in state court (I think he will unless it is blatant that he was 100% in the right from start to finish) this will all blow over because the defense is going to look for a change of venue. The prosecution will challenge it. The defense is going to be given time to look over all the evidence and witness statements. They will try to interview witnesses themselves. So on and so on and so on.

I am willing to bet by Labor Day this will all be forgotten. It will only pop up when it goes to trial. In a year or two.

Americans and the their media have attention spans of a two year old.
Perhaps, but I tend to agree with 1911Austin...
Quote:
The most important presidential election in the last 100 years is approaching and the biggest news story in the country is an isolated incident between a young thug and a possibly overzealous neighborhood watchman. Only Zimmerman and maybe a handful of wittiness really know what happened but it seems that all 320+ million Americans have a strong opinion on what should happen with the case. While I personally do not know the facts of this case, it is very apparent they it us being used to “change the subject” about the real problems that plague our nation.

Last edited by RussP; 03-28-2012 at 10:32..
Old 03-28-2012, 10:34   #247
vkscott
Retired USAF

Quote:

NRA Member, G30SF, Kimber Raptor II.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38   #248
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I don't know innuendo, nor did I tell him to relay any messages.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38   #249
RussP

Quote:
You ought to hear what he calls me...

Old 03-28-2012, 10:43   #250
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You ought to hear what he calls me...
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48   #251
jrob6519

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
I'm probably going to be in the minority on the LE forum on this one;

I think that the shooter is the absolute aggressor in this case.

He had no right to be following anyone, and the whole incident stemmed from his actions.

Might be overly simplistic, but that is my opinion from what I have seen at this point, and yes, I am ignoring the blatant attempts at racially blowing it out of proportion. My litmus test is take the exact same fact pattern and make both participants white.

It stinks to high heavens both ways.
Another LEO in your camp..

Last edited by jrob6519; 03-28-2012 at 11:48..
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50   #252
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
That just gives me one more reason to move to Florida.

Here's my first reason.....
Cop Talk
I saw her in a a bikini on the beach with a few of her friends in one of the early episodes That is one HOT Deputy woman. We both have handcuffs!!!

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!

Last edited by Deployment Solu; 03-28-2012 at 11:52..
Old 03-28-2012, 11:52   #253
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
A good observation. Not just "change the subject" but change it along racial lines, which is directly related to the election. Given the unusual personal attention the president has given it, it makes you wonder.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:55   #254
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob6519 View Post
Another LEO in your camp..
I agree with both - (1) Zimmerman was an idiot and his action led to a fight that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't playing mall ninja, but (2) it still looks like a legally justified shooting. Those do not rule each other out.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04   #255
Mr T

That is correct. Get it down to the brass tac's. If "Captain" Kangaroo would have observed and reported and got out. Everyone would not be happy and alive. Whether or not Cops show up NMP. if they continue to fail the community to respond then it time to go to the city powers and pull some ears and get the system working. YOu can rationalize anything except common sense. Now if I come upon a scene in which he is attacking a person, then it's gloves off. Act to stop the attack. I cant stand Jessy Jackson
Old 03-28-2012, 12:15   #256
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I agree with both - (1) Zimmerman was an idiot and his action led to a fight that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't playing mall ninja, but (2) it still looks like a legally justified shooting. Those do not rule each other out.
^^^^

This. The problem is many seem to think that if #1 is true then some way must be found to punish Zimmerman. Even to the point of inventing criminal behavior where so far, none has come to light.

And even tot he point of thinking what Martin may have actually done is irrelevant.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:31   #257
frank4570
Silver Membership

Quote:
^^^^

This. The problem is many seem to think that if #1 is true then some way must be found to punish Zimmerman. Even to the point of inventing criminal behavior where so far, none has come to light.

And even tot he point of thinking what Martin may have actually done is irrelevant.
Yeah, I've noticed that too.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:40   #258
expatman

Quote:
^^^^

I find this to be an entirely accurate summary.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:41   #259
HoldHard

Quote:
^^^^^^^

This!!

Meanwhile, I'll await the Grand Jury results...

Prediction:
If the GJ comes down AGAINST Zimmerman, it will be front page news.
If the GJ comes down FOR Zimmerman, it will be a two sentence footnote on page 11 behind the cookbook recipes.

HH
Old 03-28-2012, 12:52   #260
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
^^^^

It's been shown he wasn't criminal, but if he was reckless in his pretend game of mall cop, then he created the situation. This is of course, my own opinion.

Quote:
I view the "following" and the "altercation" as two separate scenarios that need to be investigated separately and then put together. I'm not sure I ever implied that Martin's actions were irrelevant, but I do feel (and still feel) that Zimmerman's antics created this situation that didn't need created, and if that is the case then the actions of Martin during the altercation are irrelevant.

Again, to repeat, none of us here have all the facts, we're going off the racially charged media bias in all of this. I just don't feel that Zimmerman gets off without intense scrutiny simply because Martin was bouncing his head off the curb.

I think the end result of this case is that EVERYONE needs to really do some soul searching before they obtain that CCW, strap on their gun, and go out looking to be a neighborhood hero. Taking someones life is serious ****ing business that shouldn't be taken lightly. I always felt when I strapped on my badge and gun that it was my OBLIGATION to think 3 steps ahead and make every effort to prevent myself from taking someones life if possible, I still feel this way when I carry now as a normal Joe Blow CCW.

Bottom line, from the evidence that is presented, they were both wrong. It would appear that for now, Zimmerman was not criminally wrong, but ultimately he is still part of the cause of this situation, the other part being Martin choosing to both walk through the neighborhood that he probably knew was a gated private community, as well as his decision to turn on Zimmerman and attack him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.

Last edited by FiremanMike; 03-28-2012 at 12:53..

Closed Thread