SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:46   #141
jbotstein1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
If you are a Christian, things are pretty cut and dry: If you believe in the Lord Jesus, you are saved. You you don't, there will be hell to pay (literally).

If you reject Jesus in this life, you get to keep your wish in the next.

Simple.

Atheists who could give a hoot about Christians seem to be non-existent. They all seems to be angered by Christians. I think deep inside they want to know Christ, but either because of a wild lifestyle, guilt, or deep rooted issues, they can't. They want us to show them the reason for our faith, but won't accept what we say.

Why?

I think satan has them confused and in the dark. They know that life cannot be explained by science, but refuse to look at a problem even Einstein wasn't bright enough to solve: How to find God, even when He is all around us.

"If you can't show me Jesus using our primitive science, then He must not exist..."

...as if we could even begin to comprehend the maker of all things. We are truly ants walking across a BMW motor, never to understand the complexity of what we walk on.

If you try to look through a microscope with the lens cap on, you will never see a thing. Please my zombie-bloodsucking-atheist-friends...remove the cap that is before your eyes before it is too late.
I'd like to know your educational background. How far have you explored into science? I'm guessing you have spent much more time learning religion than you have science (I may be wrong). However, if my assumption is correct, it is not surprising you so strongly hold your beliefs. Myself, and many atheists included, have been raised in a religious family, attended religious school, and then gone on to learn about things outside a religious context. That is how many of us reach our conclusions. I have no problem at all with religious people. As a whole, I think they do good for society. I just choose not to pretend to believe. If I don't I don't. If you do, you do. Good for ya. But to assume that I am angered by a Christian or am confused at all is factually false. That is not an assumption.

Last edited by jbotstein1; 03-25-2012 at 08:47..
jbotstein1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38   #142
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotstein1 View Post
I don't know if I was clear in my last post. I agree that it is more prevalent in America because Christians are the majority, but if you were to go to Israel, you would not have a Jewish person knocking on your door to hand you a pamphlet about the right way to live your life.
No, in Israel they do it through the government.

You think buying gloves on a Sunday is an issue? Try buying anything on a Saturday in Israel. Very few places that are open. Almost no public transportation etc.

The non-religious people are opposing it but the religious parties have a lot of power in Israel.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42   #143
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
What did I miss?
There was an option that brausoo might become a taliban and he didn't really like it.

Last edited by G23Gen4TX; 03-25-2012 at 09:43..
Old 03-25-2012, 09:45   #144
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
If you are a Christian, things are pretty cut and dry: If you believe in the Lord Jesus, you are saved. You you don't, there will be hell to pay (literally).

If you reject Jesus in this life, you get to keep your wish in the next.

Simple.

Atheists who could give a hoot about Christians seem to be non-existent. They all seems to be angered by Christians. I think deep inside they want to know Christ, but either because of a wild lifestyle, guilt, or deep rooted issues, they can't. They want us to show them the reason for our faith, but won't accept what we say.

Why?

I think satan has them confused and in the dark. They know that life cannot be explained by science, but refuse to look at a problem even Einstein wasn't bright enough to solve: How to find God, even when He is all around us.

"If you can't show me Jesus using our primitive science, then He must not exist..."

...as if we could even begin to comprehend the maker of all things. We are truly ants walking across a BMW motor, never to understand the complexity of what we walk on.

If you try to look through a microscope with the lens cap on, you will never see a thing. Please my zombie-bloodsucking-atheist-friends...remove the cap that is before your eyes before it is too late.
I accept Jesus, hallelujah!!!

Now, hold on a minute while I take care of that alter boy.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:51   #145
steveksux
Massive Member

Premise of the thread is clearly false. Lots of other religions also oppose CHristianity, its not just Atheists. Heck, lots of Christians oppose other Christians as unChristianly.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 13:24   #146
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Premise of the thread is clearly false. Lots of other religions also oppose CHristianity, its not just Atheists. Heck, lots of Christians oppose other Christians as unChristianly.

Randy
I'm glad you have come to terms with the fact that you have a religion.
Old 03-25-2012, 14:25   #147
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I'm glad you have come to terms with the fact that you have a religion.
Why do you so desperately need atheism to be labeled a religion? It's like you understand that we really have something good going on and you have to knock us down to your level.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 14:47   #148
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Why do you so desperately need atheism to be labeled a religion? It's like you understand that we really have something good going on and you have to knock us down to your level.
There is nothing in Atheism that is good.
Old 03-25-2012, 15:08   #149
Smacktard

Quote:

The truth is bad?

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany.
Smacktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 15:28   #150
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul
RC-RAMIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 15:52   #151
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacktard View Post
The truth is bad?

According to Atheism, apparently the truth is bad.
Old 03-25-2012, 15:53   #152
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul
Millions of dead Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese and French would disagree with you-if they were still alive.
Old 03-25-2012, 16:02   #153
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Millions of dead Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese and French would disagree with you-if they were still alive.
I doubt any of those people died only because somebody didn't believe in a deity, because that all atheism is nothing more.

Old 03-25-2012, 16:04   #154
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
I doubt any of those people died only because somebody didn't believe in a deity, because that all atheism is nothing more.

All those revolutions united under the precept of, "Religion is the Opiate of the Masses" defining them as Atheist movements.
Old 03-25-2012, 16:11   #155
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
All those revolutions united under the precept of, "Religion is the Opiate of the Masses" defining them as Atheist movements.
Atheism, never mind I keep forgetting you know what Atheism means to a Atheist more than the atheist does I'm sorry I forgot we were using your ideas of atheism.

Old 03-25-2012, 17:32   #156
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
According to Atheism, apparently the truth is bad.
Atheism sees a different truth than you do and given your stellar inability or unwillingness to answer certain questions that truth can be considered to be more true than your truth. You constantly run from the issues, ignore valid points and pick and choose only evidence that you can twist to support your claims. These have never been the actions of those that professed the truth, only the actions of cowards and liars with an agenda to sew.

You have no concept of truth or honesty. If you did then you and your cohorts would absorb the issues that you fall so short on in debate and address them.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 19:51   #157
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
"I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians..."
Come on man...not even me? Just a little?
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 19:59   #158
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotstein1 View Post
I'd like to know your educational background.
Private college: Biology. State college: Criminal Justice.

I never had a problem believing in God and science. Evolution, however, is a fantasy even greater than talking snakes.
Old 03-25-2012, 20:02   #159
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacktard View Post
The truth is bad?

Do you mean "bad" as in horrible, or "bad" as in "far-out dude?"
Old 03-25-2012, 21:18   #160
ksg0245

Quote:
In the "Question for the wise" thread, you said "[science] is merely a tool of Atheists in life long persuit to try to disprove God to their own satisfaction."

Is that computer you're using "good"?

Last edited by ksg0245; 03-25-2012 at 21:18..
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote