SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:44   #41
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

SigFiend - How about the story? That's going to be almost as good as the pics! Please tell us how you got it for $300 as a "used" Glock in some small gunshop!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44   #42
Lt. Donn

I have lucked into a great deal that I need some info on. I bought a Gen 1 G-19, with the original box w/cartridge spacers, original paperwork package, including the intact warranty card (un-registered).the cleaning kit and loader...the pistol has a DN prefix with a 3 digit #, and is at least 99%...still has all golden colored internals...all numbers match.
I am trying to affix a fair market value on this piece...any info would be appreciated...I do not want to make it a "Safe Queen"...I need some help on pricing it for sale...Thanks
Lt. Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53   #43
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Donn View Post
I have lucked into a great deal that I need some info on. I bought a Gen 1 G-19, with the original box w/cartridge spacers, original paperwork package, including the intact warranty card (un-registered).the cleaning kit and loader...the pistol has a DN prefix with a 3 digit #, and is at least 99%...still has all golden colored internals...all numbers match.
I am trying to affix a fair market value on this piece...any info would be appreciated...I do not want to make it a "Safe Queen"...I need some help on pricing it for sale...Thanks
Welcome!

As you may have noticed above, pictures of all Gen1 G19's are mandatory!

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07   #44
Lt. Donn

I'm new to this forum, I will attempt photos as soon as I figure out how to do it...thanks, Butch
Lt. Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44   #45
INEEDMILK

Yes, we await pictures.

INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30   #46
Timken500

I own a very early Gen 1 17 and a Very early Gen 2 19. They both originaly came with the rear sight that was adjustable and was extended past the slide. This gun does not have this. Why is that ?? Just an observation.

Last edited by Timken500; 10-18-2012 at 12:30..
Timken500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 19:23   #47
allan1964

does the gen 1 glock 19 have (17) or ( 19) on the slide?
allan1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 21:40   #48
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1964 View Post
does the gen 1 glock 19 have (17) or ( 19) on the slide?
Is this a trick question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
Glock Collector's Club

NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Old 12-11-2012, 21:47   #49
allan1964

lol no I just saw a pic of a gun someone claimed was a cut 17 to make a prototype 19 and the fuzzy pic apeared to have a 17 on the side. I was just wonderin what to look for while searching for a gen 1 19.
allan1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:16   #50
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

What to look for, when searching out a gen-1 Glock 19? I'd look for gold bars (the big 1-kilo-sized bars like in Ft. Knox); pixie dust; magic beans; and Alladin's lamp. Actually those last 3 would probably be easier to find than a genuine gen-1 G19...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:20   #51
tango44

Tagged!
tango44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51   #52
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timken500 View Post
I own a very early Gen 1 17 and a Very early Gen 2 19. They both originaly came with the rear sight that was adjustable and was extended past the slide. This gun does not have this. Why is that ?? Just an observation.
Good question, my early G2 G19 has the adj sight (Nov 89)

Glock Collector's Club
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
clarkz71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 17:09   #53
Sig_Fiend

I got a Canon T3 for Christmas, so at some point I'll be trying to get some hi-res DSLR pics of this gen 1 19.

Just curious, opinions? This gun is no safe queen. Didn't come with any of the original stuff except a gen 1 magazine, and the gun isn't spotless. I don't plan on shooting the gun a whole lot, but I don't exactly like to have safe queens that never get used either. I have a set of Ameriglo Kyle Defoor sights I've been thinking about putting on this gun. It's a tasteful improvement in sights over the crappy factory plastic ones, and it's kind of inline with what you would want for stock factory sights (steel).

For the hell of it, I'm actually planning on testing both versions of Apex Tactical's Glock G-FRE extractor in this gun. I'm primarily testing it in Gen 2, 3, and 4 19's and 17's, though I figured I'd see what it does in this gen 1 19 just for fun. I know not many people have one of these, so the least I can do is to at least do something with it to put some more content out there on the web about them.
Sig_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:39   #54
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

Is there a Knick on the front of the receiver below the recoil spring?

Looks like someone dropped it on concrete lithely and folded the displaced plastic back over it to cover it up?
ÇAGArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:41   #55
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

Also if you've shot it is there a problem with the ejector in which all spent casings land on the bill of your hat?
ÇAGArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 20:35   #56
BLACKMAGICK

Tagged.
BLACKMAGICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49   #57
ÇAGArms
taxes kill

I've confirmed this is not my old one. Also sig fiend is NOT looking to sell.

On the plus side pictures are coming soon! Whoop!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50   #58
ca survivor

Glock Collector's ClubThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 704x470 and weights 55KB.Glock Collector's Club
this pic have been going around for a long time........
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13   #59
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Glock Collector's Club
this pic have been going around for a long time........
I took that picture through the glass at the Glock Collectors display in the NRA annual convention in St. Louis...the time before last in St. Louis that is.

NRA Life Member
Old 01-30-2013, 14:29   #60
Sig_Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÇAGArms View Post
I've confirmed this is not my old one. Also sig fiend is NOT looking to sell.

On the plus side pictures are coming soon! Whoop!
It was great talking to you yesterday! You've sure done your homework on these uber-rare guns! If I have time this weekend, I'm going to try and get some high resolution pictures up by the end of this weekend.

To expand more on what we talked about, as I don't remember answering the question, this G19 doesn't have any ejection/extraction problems from what I have seen so far. It seems to eject fairly consistently from ~3-4:30. I have probably put between 200-300rds through it. In fact, most of that was running it in a combat pistol class after a student's gun went down and I loaned him my G17. Gun ran flawless. I don't know that I want to shoot it too much, considering it is a rare piece of history. Though, like I mentioned earlier, this one isn't a safe queen and isn't in immaculate condition, did not come with the original box or any of the original stuff, so I don't see much wrong with maybe putting the occasional box of ammo through it.

In fact, although some may consider it blasphemy, I am giving some serious thought to throwing on a set of Kyle Defoor's Ameriglo sights. Those are just simple steel sights, but with a thinner front sight and wider rear notch for a bit better performance. They're what Glocks should all come factory with, as opposed to the crap plastic sights. I haven't decided yet, as I don't want to "modify" the gun per se, but I feel that would be in the spirit of how these guns should come from the factory.

On another note, I also have both versions of the extractors from Apex Tactical, for gen 3 and gen 4 Glocks. Although I will primarily be testing those in other Gen 2 through 4 guns, I am planning on testing both versions in this Gen 1 just for the hell of it.

If anyone else has any questions or would like detailed pictures of anything specific on this gun, let me know and I will be glad to take care of it. Considering how rare they are, and the fact not too many others have stepped forward, it's the least I can do. As CAGArms and I both agreed, who knows how many of these very few first generation 19's are sitting in people's closets, collecting dust, with the owner's none the wiser on what they have. LOL

A friend of mine and instructor that I trained under in the past, Paul Gomez, was a fan of history and a scholar in his own right. The guy was a living, breathing, encyclopedia on the history of firearms and the training industry. A few months before he passed away last year, I had mentioned to him that I actually managed to get a hold of one of these. He was familiar with the rarity of them and was surprised. Although it didn't take much encouragement, he said I should definitely put this info on the 1st gen 19 out there and help spread the knowledge. On that note, I'd also like to help spread some of Paul's knowledge, in remembrance of him:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gomez8136