SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-17-2012, 21:59   #1
AKRover
10MM Fanatic

Delta Elite New Sights

Thought I'd share some pics of my Delta Elite with the newly installed night sights. The rear sight is a different style than the original but I actually like the looks of it better than the original. Can't wait until I have a chance to go to the range and try out the new sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
Sights, Optics and Lasers - Click for larger version   Sights, Optics and Lasers - Click for larger version   Sights, Optics and Lasers - Click for larger version  
Glock 20, Colt Delta Elite, Sig 1911 Extreme, Norinco SKS-D, AK47, Marlin 795 .22LR, CZ 452 LH .22LR, Colt M4 .22LR, S&W M&P-15 Sport, Remington 700 SPS LH 300 Win Mag, Winchester 1300 Defender 12ga, Winchester 1300 Black Shadow 20ga
AKRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 15:29   #2
RayB
Retired Member

Seweet!

Forgive me, but which sight set is that?

And what is your ammo of choice?

The most I've dabbled in 10 mm is with my G21 .45 - 10 mm conversion piece. I'm getting 99.9% reliability with Double Tap's 1600 fps, 767 ft/lbs 135 grain Nosler ammo, which is a hoot to shoot!

Sweet little classic you've got there!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 15:35   #3
SouthpawG26

Judging from the green Tru Dot markings these are Meprolights.
Old 08-19-2012, 16:38   #4
AKRover
10MM Fanatic

The gunsmith that installed them mentioned he generally uses Trijicon so I thought that was what they were until I read Southpaw's response. From what I can tell Southpaw is correct that they are Meprolights. I've used both Trijicon and Meprolight in the past and have good experience with both.

For the Delta Elite I am currently carrying DoubleTap 165 grain Golden Sabers. Next time I venture to the lower 48 I am going to place an order with Underwood Ammo for some of their Delta Elite specific rounds since Underwood doesn't ship to Alaska.

For my Glock 20 I have used everything from FBI loads up to DoubleTap's 230 Hard Cast rounds and never had a problem with any of it. Since the G20 has become strictly my woods gun I keep it loaded with either DoubleTap or Underwood 200 grain FMJ-FP.
Glock 20, Colt Delta Elite, Sig 1911 Extreme, Norinco SKS-D, AK47, Marlin 795 .22LR, CZ 452 LH .22LR, Colt M4 .22LR, S&W M&P-15 Sport, Remington 700 SPS LH 300 Win Mag, Winchester 1300 Defender 12ga, Winchester 1300 Black Shadow 20ga
Old 08-19-2012, 17:19   #5
davsco

very nice!

i have an old delta gold cup and the front sight recently came loose so had a 'smith mill a dovetail (the old one was staked) and pop in a fiber optic front.

looks like you have a couple of wilson mags for your delta - how do they fit and work? i just have the two factory mags that i got with the gun.
davsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 19:49   #6
AKRover
10MM Fanatic

I have a total of ten magazines for my Delta Elite and I've replaced springs and followers in 8 of the 10 including the Wilsons. The first Wilson mag I bought worked until I dropped it once. The second never locked the slide back. All my mags now have Tripp Research springs and followers and all work perfectly now.

I compared the Meprolite sights on the Delta to the Trijicon sights on my Glock. The Meprolite vials seem to be larger than the Trijicon therefore the Meprolites seem brighter.

Last edited by AKRover; 08-19-2012 at 19:51..
Old 08-19-2012, 20:43   #7
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRover View Post
1) The gunsmith that installed them mentioned he generally uses Trijicon so I thought that was what they were until I read Southpaw's response. From what I can tell Southpaw is correct that they are Meprolights. I've used both Trijicon and Meprolight in the past and have good experience with both.

2) For my Glock 20 I have used everything from FBI loads up to DoubleTap's 230 Hard Cast rounds and never had a problem with any of it. Since the G20 has become strictly my woods gun I keep it loaded with either DoubleTap or Underwood 200 grain FMJ-FP.

1) We have both and they're both great sights. FYI, if they're the older style Trijicons, avoid scrubbing or harsh chemicals, as the white markers are painted on and will rub off; the Meps are more durable that way. The new Trijicon HD sights have a protective clear coat.

2) Yeah, I'd expect as much with a G20 or G29. My G21 conversion using drop-in parts only, took a little tweaking ammo-wise. In its original .45 ACP mode, it has been 100%.

--Ray
Old 08-19-2012, 20:45   #8
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRover View Post
I have a total of ten magazines for my Delta Elite and I've replaced springs and followers in 8 of the 10 including the Wilsons. The first Wilson mag I bought worked until I dropped it once. The second never locked the slide back. All my mags now have Tripp Research springs and followers and all work perfectly now.

I compared the Meprolite sights on the Delta to the Trijicon sights on my Glock. The Meprolite vials seem to be larger than the Trijicon therefore the Meprolites seem brighter.

From my Night Sight Review...

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights, partly because the interior of the lamp housings has a bright-white coating to increase internal reflection. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken when cleaning to avoid harsh solvents and aggressive scrubbing, as the white o-rings are painted on. The new Trijicon HD sights rival AmeriGlo's Operator-style Sights, and have an additional protective coating over the front sight marker.

--Ray

Last edited by RayB; 08-19-2012 at 20:46..
Old 08-19-2012, 20:52   #9
AKRover
10MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
From my Night Sight Review...

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights, partly because the interior of the lamp housings has a bright-white coating to increase internal reflection. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken when cleaning to avoid harsh solvents and aggressive scrubbing, as the white o-rings are painted on. The new Trijicon HD sights rival AmeriGlo's Operator-style Sights, and have an additional protective coating over the front sight marker.

--Ray
Awesome. Thanks for that. Seems to be exactly what I noticed side by side, explained a little more scientifically. I have absolutely no complaints about either sights.