GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 15:09   #1
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Pics of Ameriglo Pro Operator rear sight

Well...
poor quality pics, but Pistoleer wanted to see the rear sight, and most importantly..you can see the profile of the sight.
Sights, Optics and Lasers
Sights, Optics and Lasers
Sights, Optics and Lasers
Sights, Optics and Lasers
I am a better shooter than photographer....
or should I say...my Gen4 camera ain't what the Gen3's used to be!
I think you will see that the rear sight has a sharp "ledge" with which to perform slide racking in a one-handed method.
__________________
NRA MEMBER

Last edited by 2740dmx; 02-23-2012 at 15:11..
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 15:55   #2
9x94
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 94
Is that the "Hack" front sight?
I have Pro Operators on my G26 and Pros on my G34 and G21. I like the Pro rear sight better. The Pro Operator rear notch was just too wide, in my opinion.
Although it might be better on yours. I have the .125 width front blade. I believe yours is .140.
9x94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 16:11   #3
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9x94 View Post
Is that the "Hack" front sight?
I have Pro Operators on my G26 and Pros on my G34 and G21. I like the Pro rear sight better. The Pro Operator rear notch was just too wide, in my opinion.
Although it might be better on yours. I have the .125 width front blade. I believe yours is .140.
I don't know if the front sight is called the "Hack" or not..?
It is the Pro Glo that has an orange circle outlining the green tritium center dot. (and yes, it's a .140 width)

The rear is the Pro Operator, as you know. I like the Operator better because it does not have outlines around the rear dots...so you cannot see any dots in daylight.

Daylight= orange front/plain black rear (or, actually, very faded dots)
night= green dot front/yellow dot rear
__________________
NRA MEMBER
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 20:03   #4
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Nice dude! I have the lime green front sight & am trying to decide between these rear sights & the hack serrated rear sights. Do you have lots of space on either side of the front sight? How do you like the yellow dots?
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 20:14   #5
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
Nice crisp sight picture. Good going!
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 20:15   #6
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
Nice dude! I have the lime green front sight & am trying to decide between these rear sights & the hack serrated rear sights. Do you have lots of space on either side of the front sight? How do you like the yellow dots?
Is it too soon to say "I told you so"?

Last edited by kodiakpb; 02-23-2012 at 20:40..
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 20:20   #7
pistoleer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 449
Thanks so much for posting the pics those are some beautiful sights! And I see they are cut so you can still use them to rack the slide. Thanks again!
pistoleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 21:07   #8
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
Is it too soon to say "I told you so"?
Lol! Not at all bro. If every state had a store where you could try on gun sights, this could all be avoided. Instead we have to learn all our lessons the hard way, through money, trial, & error.
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 21:08   #9
GlockinNJ
Senior Member
 
GlockinNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PRONJ
Posts: 2,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2740dmx View Post
I don't know if the front sight is called the "Hack" or not..?
It is the Pro Glo that has an orange circle outlining the green tritium center dot. (and yes, it's a .140 width)

The rear is the Pro Operator, as you know. I like the Operator better because it does not have outlines around the rear dots...so you cannot see any dots in daylight.

Daylight= orange front/plain black rear (or, actually, very faded dots)
night= green dot front/yellow dot rear
That describes the Trijicon HDs exactly.
Sights, Optics and Lasers

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...php?pid=GL101O

Last edited by GlockinNJ; 02-23-2012 at 21:08..
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 21:49   #10
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticFan View Post
Lol! Not at all bro. If every state had a store where you could try on gun sights, this could all be avoided. Instead we have to learn all our lessons the hard way, through money, trial, & error.
Lol...your right man
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36   #11
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
That describes the Trijicon HDs exactly.
Sights, Optics and Lasers

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...php?pid=GL101O
Yeah...
My Ameriglo sights say "Trijicon" on the front sight...?
It's probably one giant company making sights for everyone!
__________________
NRA MEMBER
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28   #12
2740dmx
Senior Member
 
2740dmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,107
Went to the range again today,to try these sights out, and brought along the sight pusher...in case adjustments were needed.
NOPE! Perfectly centered and aligned just where they need to be.

Super fast sight picture...
Super accurate.
And the best part....
another 150 rounds fired downrange, with ZERO malfunctions of any kind!

Now I am happy! Glock rules once again!
__________________
NRA MEMBER
2740dmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31   #13
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
I'm itching to shoot, but won't be able to get away from Dad duties until Sunday.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 18:44   #14
DannyII
Senior Member
 
DannyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 588
I have some of the "yellow-ring" front, all green tubes I-dot Proglo's inbound as of today!
Sights, Optics and Lasers
__________________
Living your life comes down to two basic choices: You can make memories, or have regrets. I choose the former over the latter.
DannyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:44   #15
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
Lol...your right man
You were definitely right, my man! I ordered a Pro Operator rear sight (yellow) for both my 19 & 21. I think they will go perfectly with my ProGlo lime green front sights. Can't wait to get them installed & go shooting!

Thanks for your advice! (& for not saying I told you so too loudly)
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:47   #16
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Oh & thanks for the GSSF coupon too buddy! I'll make sure to post pics & a range report as a show of proper gratitude.
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 20:49   #17
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Thanks to 2740DMX for this thread & the pics! You were a big help to me making my final decision as well.
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 21:17   #18
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
lol glad you guys got the setup you want! They are great sights. Can't wait for the new pics!
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 20:33   #19
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Sights, Optics and Lasers
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 20:33   #20
PlasticFan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Sights, Optics and Lasers
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:34.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,264
367 Members
897 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31