Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-30-2012, 14:20   #76
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

OP title fail. They can't recover. Brainwashed as N. Koreans.
Old 05-30-2012, 16:43   #77
aspartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
OP title fail. They can't recover. Brainwashed as N. Koreans.
So, in other words, you wants us to vote for your guy, but our ideas are not welcome in your tent.

Thank you, no.

ARS
Old 05-30-2012, 16:46   #78
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspartz View Post
So, in other words, you wants us to vote for your guy, but our ideas are not welcome in your tent.

Thank you, no.

ARS
No. I'm saying the contest is over, the outcome obvious and you should decide whether you want to remove Obama from office.

Or not.
Old 05-30-2012, 16:48   #79
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Freedom gets me hard.

Grow up.
You started using terms like "limpdick", and it's me that needs to grow up????

See Post 54. Political Issues

Riiiiiiight.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 05-30-2012 at 16:51..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 16:51   #80
aspartz

Quote:
No. I'm saying the contest is over, the outcome obvious and you should decide whether you want to remove Obama from office.

Or not.
Of course removing Obama is a goal. Replacing him with another big government guy makes that task moot.

In my outlook, I disagree with both on about 60-70% of the issues.

Perhaps we need a "none of the above" box on the ballot.

ARS
Old 05-30-2012, 16:53   #81
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Perhaps we need a "none of the above" box on the ballot.

ARS
Not an option.

Now, draw!
Old 05-30-2012, 16:55   #82
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Thank you, no.

ARS

Personally, I think you are right. Everyone should get over the fact that people are going to vote how they want to, why they want to. I think it is an individual choice, and you only need to justify it to yourself.

What will be will be. Get ready for it though.
Old 05-30-2012, 17:06   #83
countrygun

Ron Paul and his supporters waged a valiant effort with many very good ideas as part of the platform but they got so wrapped up in it all they ignored those who weren't riding on the bandwagon. Like it or not Foriegn Policy was a big downside and a lot of people were just "turned off" by Paul's demeanor. The policy could have been changed and that would have helped. He could have done more to position himself to have an effect on the Country as a whole not just create a pool of followers who now want to say "Go away, he isn't in the race anymore so I don't care. I'm taking my ball and go home."

Just the fact that his followers are so willing to do nothing or still vote for him, knowing it is really a vote for Obama, out of spite shows exactly what, about him and his followers, that turned so many away from his "movement" in the first place.

That they are willing to waste their votes, or bash on the only person that can unseat Obama, and try to claim some higher moral ground, is a perfect example. Wake up folks you scared America off and throwing a hissy fit isn't going to do the Country any good. If Obama wins because of the votes thrown away, Ron Paul will get more blame than Obama when the Country crashes.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:07   #84
jcbarlow
Glock 27

Can't wait 'till August

Maybe some of the ardent Ron Paul fans will climb back under their rock for another 4 years after the National Convention. All of this Ron Paul talk it's just getting old at this point.

Last edited by jcbarlow; 05-30-2012 at 17:10..
jcbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:12   #85
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Ron Paul and his supporters waged a valiant effort with many very good ideas as part of the platform but they got so wrapped up in it all they ignored those who weren't riding on the bandwagon. Like it or not Foriegn Policy was a big downside and a lot of people were just "turned off" by Paul's demeanor. The policy could have been changed and that would have helped. He could have done more to position himself to have an effect on the Country as a whole not just create a pool of followers who now want to say "Go away, he isn't in the race anymore so I don't care. I'm taking my ball and go home."

Just the fact that his followers are so willing to do nothing or still vote for him, knowing it is really a vote for Obama, out of spite shows exactly what, about him and his followers, that turned so many away from his "movement" in the first place.

That they are willing to waste their votes, or bash on the only person that can unseat Obama, and try to claim some higher moral ground, is a perfect example. Wake up folks you scared America off and throwing a hissy fit isn't going to do the Country any good. If Obama wins because of the votes thrown away, Ron Paul will get more blame than Obama when the Country crashes.
Well put! YOU for president!
Old 05-30-2012, 17:16   #86
RC-RAMIE

Quote:

If he did change his position on foreign policy he would lose a lot of his support, flip flopping might pick up some Mitt supporters. His foreign policy is central to his conservative platform.

RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:17   #87
aspartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbarlow View Post
Maybe some of the ardent Ron Paul fans will climb back under their rock for another 4 years after the National Convention. All of this Ron Paul talk it's just getting old at this point.
I agree, I get tired of hearing from people wanting freedom.

ARS
Old 05-30-2012, 17:22   #88
jcbarlow
Glock 27

Quote:

ARS
It's not what they say, it's how they say it. Ron Paul supporters = little man syndrome. I, like most people here, agree with a good amount of what Ron Paul stands for. However, he has shown us he can't get it done. Time to move on.
jcbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:24   #89
G-19

Posted this else where, but thought it fit here also.

Remind you of anyone here?
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:24   #90
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

ARS
Not people wanting freedom, but people pursuing the wrong way to get it by chasing a kooky unelectable candidate.
Old 05-30-2012, 17:25   #91
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
If he did change his position on foreign policy he would lose a lot of his support, flip flopping might pick up some Mitt supporters. His foreign policy is central to his conservative platform.

And probably one of the main reasons he lost.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:27   #92
countrygun

Quote:

And it was an untenable position for most of the people who otherwise agreed with him. the proof is in the vote count. In the middle of an unemployment crisis you don't say you are going to close almost all of our overseas military bases and bring those soldiers home to no jobs. That is just one of the complaints I heard that was never dealt with other than to say "his domestic policies will create the jobs". Prove the domestic policy will work and THEN say "we need more workers here and less soldiers overseas"

It was like saying, "Throw the baby out of the window of the burning building, our plans say the airbag will be inflated by the time it gets here".
Old 05-30-2012, 17:29   #93
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
And probably one of the main reasons he lost.
Well character matters to some still.

Movements don't happen overnight our foreign policy will change one day unfortunately with the D/R party it will be because we can no longer afford it.

Old 05-30-2012, 17:32   #94
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
And it was an untenable position for most of the people who otherwise agreed with him. the proof is in the vote count. In the middle of an unemployment crisis you don't say you are going to close almost all of our overseas military bases and bring those soldiers home to no jobs. That is just one of the complaints I heard that was never dealt with other than to say "his domestic policies will create the jobs". Prove the domestic policy will work and THEN say "we need more workers here and less soldiers overseas"

It was like saying, "Throw the baby out of the window of the burning building, our plans say the airbag will be inflated by the time it gets here".
It was addressed numerous times he never planned on cutting their jobs we can pay them while they are here. Change in foreign policy does not mean cutting a bunch of soldiers jobs it means changing the way we treat other countries.

Old 05-30-2012, 17:55   #95
countrygun

Quote:
It was addressed numerous times he never planned on cutting their jobs we can pay them while they are here. Change in foreign policy does not mean cutting a bunch of soldiers jobs it means changing the way we treat other countries.

You must have listened to different Ron Paul speeches and read different sources than I did. BTW how many more bases would we have to open for them here and what would that cost? Before you do something like that show you have an "exit strategy".

Face it Ron Paul BLEW IT.

He had THE BEST chance of any "dark horse" candidate in a long time to affect national politics. He could have shown his ability to draw votes early, piled up some Electoral votes and then approached Romney, Santorum and others and said, "OK here is what I can bring to your campaign IF you include some of my platform in yours and stick to it. If you back out I'll "unsupport you" before the election."

But NOOOOOO, Paul and his, pendantic, binary thinking followers played it like it was a Zero-Sum game.

The absolute naivete of his camp and the manner in which they are behaving now will haunt their "movement" for years.
Old 05-30-2012, 18:02   #96
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Not an option.

Now, draw!
Staying home is always an option. Most voters do it.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 18:04   #97
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
Posted this else where, but thought it fit here also.

Crying Ron Paul Supporter - YouTube

Remind you of anyone here?
Kids, listen, this is important, just say no. OK?
Old 05-30-2012, 18:04   #98
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Staying home is always an option. Most voters do it.
One good way to support Obama, for sure. But that's how you roll.
Old 05-30-2012, 18:07   #99
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

It is much better to vote for someone that tells you what you want to hear or changes their position based on current polling data. Hey, I know of a guy like that, Obama....Or was that Romney.....maybe it was Obomney.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 18:09   #100
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

I guess Obama will just have to imagine I voted for him, like you do. Whatever helps you sleep at night for supporting an anti-gun pro-choice Mormon liberal.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote