Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:01   #1001
Wake_jumper

Boycott every company that advertises on NBC. Let's shut them down.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:12   #1002
pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
My personal opinion, though, is a little bit different than that of author Bennett's. After listening to my favorite quintessential, 'snake oil salesman', Chuck Schumer, on TV the other night, I think what's really happening with this media-hyped rage and hysteria over the Martin shooting incident is just one more way the national news media is exploring in order to damn the rights of American citizens to keep and bear arms - I really do!
You may be right about that. They will keep beating the drum since Fast & Furious is on the ropes.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03   #1003
Misty02

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...nipulate-Media

Flashback: Al Sharpton Explains How To Manipulate Media

(not that I'm willing to give him all the credit either)

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Old 03-31-2012, 15:08   #1004
jack76590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
What is wrong with people?

Did they really think nobody would get on them about this?

Are they really this freaking concerned with creating racial tension???
I am only stating what you already know, when I say the media would like riots to cover.
Old 03-31-2012, 15:33   #1005
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
I am only stating what you already know, when I say the media would like riots to cover.
I hear what you are saying, but I don't remember a race riot under GWB's 8 years. Media has been the same? Please correct me if I am wrong.

When was Rodney King's ? 1992 ? Clinton's ?

Do you see a pattern? Dems Prez tenure = riots
Old 03-31-2012, 17:25   #1006
Roger1079

Quote:
I doubt the media is purposely trying to insight a riot. They are just spinning the story to make it sound like much more than it really is. It wouldn't be the news if they just reported the facts without embellishing.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50   #1007
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
I doubt the media is purposely trying to insight a riot. They are just spinning the story to make it sound like much more than it really is. It wouldn't be the news if they just reported the facts without embellishing.
You trust the media more than me.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:55   #1008
rhikdavis
U.S. Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to rhikdavis Send a message via Skype™ to rhikdavis
Quote:
I hope the journalists 'embedded' with the rioters are the first to go down.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:37   #1009
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Years ago I was trying to break into journalism. I was turning in, what I thought, to be some great written pieces, but nothing was getting published. When I personally confronted the one responsible for "killing" my work, he said, "I just can't use what you're doing, listen, if it bleeds, it leads," and then he walked away.

I promise the all the mass media's outlets would love to be able to cover race riots in Florida or around the country stemming from the M & Z event. They'd sell it to their advertisers at a premium!
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 04-01-2012 at 06:38..
Old 04-01-2012, 06:43   #1010
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post

It's reasonable to see you shed that previous impartiality when you've acquired enough of a manufactured counter argument. Preach the controversy!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:31   #1011
4Rules

Obama Is Trying To Start A Race War: Exploiting Trayvon's Death
Quote:
Obama Is Trying To Start A Race War: Exploiting Trayvon's Death

Uploaded by TheAlexJonesChannel on Mar 31, 2012

There can no longer be any doubt, the social engineers are trying to spark civil unrest as a distraction from the criminal looting the Banksters are carrying out. Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book, stir the people up against one another then pose as the savior that keeps the peace!

[YouTube]KMBs1NlqOf0[/YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMBs1NlqOf0>

Quote:
Moderator Note: Folks, I think this topic belongs in Political Issues, not here. Please discuss it there.

Thanks,

RussP

Last edited by RussP; 04-01-2012 at 14:57..
Old 04-01-2012, 11:47   #1012
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with bringing the media spotlight onto a situation that needs exposing. Its a good thing to have the ability to do that. Having said that, the Spider-man Doctrine applies here. "With great power comes great responsibility".

Just like guns. The problem isn't the guns, or the media manipulation. Its the people and what they use the guns/media to do.

Randy
Old 04-01-2012, 12:09   #1013
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
There's nothing wrong with bringing the media spotlight onto a situation that needs exposing. Its a good thing to have the ability to do that. Having said that, the Spider-man Doctrine applies here. "With great power comes great responsibility".

Just like guns. The problem isn't the guns, or the media manipulation. Its the people and what they use the guns/media to do.

Randy
I see nothing wrong with bringing media attention and not backing off when there is an injustice, a right is being violated or at an attempt to sweep something under the rug. When it is done maliciously to pin people against one another for personal gain (whether it be for money, publicity, power, etc.) it is despicable. I may be wrong (I can’t read Zimmerman’s mind) but I don’t believe this tragic incident had the racial undertones others are attempting to give it. I still believe it was a preventable tragic incident, but that doesn’t make it something else.

Good people die every day because someone else made a terrible mistake. Others because another intended harm toward them. I believe this one falls in the prior category.

In other words, we’re in agreement.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69

Last edited by Misty02; 04-01-2012 at 12:10..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:53   #1014
Tiro Fijo

A change in things:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/01...rge-zimmerman/
Old 04-01-2012, 13:05   #1015
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

FWIW: I do not see a "change", just yet another "opinion".

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-01-2012, 13:16   #1016
SpringerTGO

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with bringing media attention and not backing off when there is an injustice, a right is being violated or at an attempt to sweep something under the rug. When it is done maliciously to pin people against one another for personal gain (whether it be for money, publicity, power, etc.) it is despicable. I may be wrong (I can’t read Zimmerman’s mind) but I don’t believe this tragic incident had the racial undertones others are attempting to give it. I still believe it was a preventable tragic incident, but that doesn’t make it something else.

Good people die every day because someone else made a terrible mistake. Others because another intended harm toward them. I believe this one falls in the prior category.

In other words, we’re in agreement.

I have no idea whether the shooting was right or wrong, and I hope that Zimmerman gets a fair trial, if it goes to trial.

That said, if it was my teenage son who was killed, I would want answers. The Sanford police weren't responsive enough to the parent's media's questions, and because of that they fueled the media frenzy.
I think it sucks that Zimmerman is getting tried in the court of public opinion, and that a lot of this might have been avoided had the Sanford police been forthright with the information they have.
If it turns out they didn't do their job, it would have been better to figure that out right away, rather than through Grand Jury (and other) investigations. If they did do their job, they should have provided the facts much sooner.
Old 04-01-2012, 13:29   #1017
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I have no idea whether the shooting was right or wrong, and I hope that Zimmerman gets a fair trial, if it goes to trial.

That said, if it was my teenage son who was killed, I would want answers. The Sanford police weren't responsive enough to the parent's media's questions, and because of that they fueled the media frenzy.
I think it sucks that Zimmerman is getting tried in the court of public opinion, and that a lot of this might have been avoided had the Sanford police been forthright with the information they have.
If it turns out they didn't do their job, it would have been better to figure that out right away, rather than through Grand Jury (and other) investigations. If they did do their job, they should have provided the facts much sooner.
What is your answer to this?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-01-2012, 13:39   #1018
FireForged
Millenium #3936

If you are a lawfully armed citizen, you bring a gun into any situation you are involved in. No matter if you are right, wrong or sideways...you bring a gun into it. No matter if no-one even realizes that you are armed... you bring a gun into it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as long as you consider the potiential for violence prior to jumping head long into something. I pass no guilt or innocent judgement on Mr Zimmerman but if (being armed) you want to chase a "suspicious" teen through the neighborhood- you have to consider "is it worth it" "is it prudent" when they may at any moment- decide to stop running. I am not against being armed or against community watches but I am against putting yourself (the armed citizen) into a possibly violent conflict over something that is not urgent.

Last edited by FireForged; 04-01-2012 at 13:47..
Old 04-01-2012, 13:41   #1019
DocCasualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
The Sanford police weren't responsive enough to the parent's media's questions, and because of that they fueled the media frenzy.
How could they be with an ongoing investigation? Seems to me some of these things are inherent to the system and people need to let it play out. I'm sure that's a tough thing to do, but screaming "foul" before anything has been determined doesn't help anybody.
Old 04-01-2012, 13:43   #1020
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
I pass no guilt or innocent judgement on Mr Zimmerman but if (being armed) you want to chase a "suspicious" teen through the neighborhood- you have to consider "is it worth it" when they decide to stop running.
Like many posters, you have misstated the facts - undisputed facts - of what is alleged to have happened. There is no version of this story claiming anybody ran or was chased, only that Zimmerman followed or walked toward Martin.

Last edited by Bren; 04-01-2012 at 13:59..

Closed Thread