Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 00:03   #501
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05DodgeDakota View Post

Here is the quote:
He would not discuss it, but Pat Whitaker, chief of operations at the State Attorney's Office in Sanford, said Thursday night that the case's key evidence has not yet been made public.
"There's just so much more to it that has not been disclosed," he said. "What you have is not the crucial evidence."

And when they do do you think the media will apologize? If the PD has a trump card the whole story will die faster than a seal pup in a school of Great White sharks.

This is merely another cause célèbre for the media & race baiters like Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton & Jesse Jackson. Where were these scumbags when Mumia Abu-Jamal & Leonard Peltier killed upright LEO's?
Old 03-23-2012, 00:13   #502
05DodgeDakota
Sheep Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
And when they do do you think the media will apologize? If the PD has a trump card the whole story will die faster than a seal pup in a school of Great White sharks.

This is merely another cause célèbre for the media & race baiters like Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton & Jesse Jackson. Where were these scumbags when Mumia Abu-Jamal & Leonard Peltier killed upright LEO's?
Exactly, cause of the moment, a big sensationalist liberal media hype over something that happens more than most people realize. And then add in the race factor and theses idots can turn it into the Oakland riots of the early 90s. That and the fact that they now want to knee-jerk react to hurry and reanayalize my states weapon carry and use laws to look good for the voters.

Glock 22, Smith & Wesson 4506-1, Kel-Tec PF-9, Remignton 870 Express Magnum, Springfeild M1903A4, Mosin-Nagant Carbine
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55   #503
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
It is open season on guns, ccw and gun owners................

You could write any article about guns and ccw and use the most hate filled words and no one would bat an eye right now.

The special interest groups, politicians and media are going for the gold.
There is a thread now to discuss the ramifications this event will have... Trayvon Martin's Life One of Hundreds Ended by Concealed Carry Killers.

Let's have this discussion there.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 03-23-2012 at 05:13..
Old 03-23-2012, 05:57   #504
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijacek View Post
CNN first tells you that they will let you listen without saying what that racial slur is and play it once without isolating it (01:49 mark), then they replay just the 1.6 seconds 10 times over, but not before "tinting" the mind with the word you listening for (02:03 mark). Consider your sources and question the media.

BTW experts are in sync that it sounds like "F@#$ing PUNKS"
From having worked with samplers and loops a little - I'd say it doesn't sound like any word. When any sound is looped, it has rhythm and your mind works from there. That's why CNN's loop starts to sound like something when they repeat it over and over back to back. I doubt it was even a word or words - sounds like the standard noise from walking around with a microphone - you've heard it on COPS.

Last edited by Bren; 03-23-2012 at 05:57..
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59   #505
ATW525

Geraldo Rivera on Trayvon Martin shooting:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...n-share-blame/

Quote:
If you dress like a hoodlum eventually some schmuck is going to take you at your word.

Last edited by ATW525; 03-23-2012 at 07:59..
Old 03-23-2012, 08:25   #506
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post
Which experts are those? I've listened to the following video a few times and I clearly hear an "oo" sound. It sounds like coons to me.

DIAGNOSTIC: George Zimmerman Clearly says "****ing Coons" Before Killing Trayvon Martin - YouTube

Perhaps it's a difference of dialects. However Zimmerman clearly doesn't have a southern accent. Do people in the south pronounce it "poonks"?
That video is fake and has been debunked. You can get the actual 911 call from Sanford, PD. He says "AHs"

Last edited by RenegadeGlocker; 03-23-2012 at 08:26..
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35   #507
RenegadeGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
There is an article, possibly here, where it states the father said that originally; however, after they cleaned up the audio he stated that it was his son. Soon after there were other articles mentioning his son crying out for his life or something to that effect..
Impartial Eyewitness testimony clearly IDs the screamer as Zimmerman, and also as the recipient of the beat-down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g4yF3Xu-wg
Old 03-23-2012, 10:18   #508
FireForged
Millenium #3936

This is another perfect reason why I have always said that as a armed citizen, I would not chase purse snatchers, investigate odd happenings in dark alleys or confront suspicious people who are not a immediate danger to me. Call the Police?...sure. Follow/chase people? nope. I will not form any hard opinions about this block capt until a everything is released but its probably not something I would have elected to do.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33   #509
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05DodgeDakota View Post
you just keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid their buddy lol
I am drinking the "mind your own business" kool-aid. Call the cops and let them do their job. Had Zimmerman done that, no death.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Old 03-23-2012, 14:38   #510
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeGlocker View Post
Impartial Eyewitness testimony clearly IDs the screamer as Zimmerman, and also as the recipient of the beat-down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g4yF3Xu-wg
I read that one as well. Just stating what the dad had said based on another article.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Old 03-23-2012, 15:19   #511
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeGlocker View Post
That video is fake and has been debunked. You can get the actual 911 call from Sanford, PD. He says "AHs"

That video is not fake. It's an excerpt from Zimmerman's call to the Sanford Police Department.

It starts at the 2:20 in the following video:

Old 03-23-2012, 15:29   #512
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
I read that one as well. Just stating what the dad had said based on another article.
To be specific, that would be Martin's dad who confirmed that it was not Trayvon's voice calling for help.
Old 03-23-2012, 16:23   #513
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post
That video is not fake. It's an excerpt from Zimmerman's call to the Sanford Police Department.

It starts at the 2:20 in the following video:...

I could only watch 33 secs. of your video as it is blatantly biased with cute photos of the deceased & family members crying. They fail to mention that this "kid" was 6'3" & 180 lbs. Eyewitness account puts the deceased ON TOP of the shooter & beating him. I doubt he was giving him CPR. Shooter has cuts and back of his shirt has wet grass stains.

Hello!!
Old 03-23-2012, 17:16   #514
Flintlocker

Quote:
I could only watch 33 secs. of your video as it is blatantly biased with cute photos of the deceased & family members crying. They fail to mention that this "kid" was 6'3" & 180 lbs. Eyewitness account puts the deceased ON TOP of the shooter & beating him. I doubt he was giving him CPR. Shooter has cuts and back of his shirt has wet grass stains.

Hello!!
It's not my video however it was the first complete, unedited and un-redacted version of the police tapes I found on youtube. Many of the versions seem to have certain parts bleeped out.

If you want to listen to the original then it can be found here:

http://sanfordfl.gov/investigation/trayvon_martin.html

I used this video to respond to a claim that an audio clip in question was fabricated, which it is clearly and demonstrably not.

As to his height & weight, I have not seen a specific report. If you have a link then please share it.

The facts appear to support witness 'John' and his statement that Zimmerman was on the ground with Martin on top of him. This, however, in no way answers who precipitated the situation and initiated physical contact.
Old 03-23-2012, 18:05   #515
kensteele

Quote:

Hello!!
LOL, the deceased gets taller and heavier every dozen posts or so. Amazing. Maybe you'll understand this: You f'd this up so badly he can be 6'9" 275 lbs not going to matter. Next time, handle your business.
Old 03-23-2012, 18:14   #516
kensteele

At this point, I have every faith and confidence in the "special prosecutor" appointed by the Governor.
Old 03-23-2012, 18:49   #517
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
It is a good lesson on what can happen when the spotlight/magnifying glass is turned on a person.
I think it's also a good lesson on situational awareness and avoiding confrontation when possible. This is definitely a grey area shooting if I've ever read of one. While IMO based on police response and what has become public information it sounds like it is technically a good shoot, but it's also clear that the shoot could have easily been avoided by Mr. Zimmerman.

What I believe happened based on the public information, Mr. Martin was PO'd Mr. Zimmerman was keeping tabs on him, Martin probably became hot headed and attacked Zimmerman, who then being on the ground getting beat down was truly in fear of his life (based on witness accounts) and shot Martin.

I believe Martin was attempting to track Martin's movement but at a distance, certainly not illegal and certainly not an action that should provoke an attack, it was not his smartest course of action. To me, this is the take home point from this shoot, don't play cop. If Mr. Martin is brought up on charges and subsequently found guilty, he has only his poor judgement (by tracking Martin) to blame although I believe it was technically a good shoot.
Old 03-23-2012, 18:58   #518
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensteele View Post
LOL, the deceased gets taller and heavier every dozen posts or so. Amazing. Maybe you'll understand this: You f'd this up so badly he can be 6'9" 275 lbs not going to matter. Next time, handle your business.
Size is severely over rated as being advantageous in a fight. A 5'9" well built 165-170lbs MMA fighter will eat your average 6'1 230lbs guy's lunch 99 out of 100 times.

I first bench pressed 405lbs at 18 years of age and had a background in amateur boxing. Mike Tyson turned pro at 18 years of age, with my point being a 17 year old "kid" is capable of doing some serious damage, especially to an out of shape 28 year old, which Zimmerman appears to be.
Old 03-23-2012, 19:01   #519
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
I am drinking the "mind your own business" kool-aid. Call the cops and let them do their job. Had Zimmerman done that, no death.
I agree with the bold and as I've said Zimmerman didn't make the best decisions, but it still doesn't mean it was murder.

If you believe in letting the police do their job, well the police believe it to be a good shoot and Zimmerman has yet to be charged. So we should let them do their job, correct?
Old 03-23-2012, 19:03   #520
ATW525

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
I believe Martin was attempting to track Martin's movement but at a distance, certainly not illegal and certainly not an action that should provoke an attack, it was not his smartest course of action. To me, this is the take home point from this shoot, don't play cop. If Mr. Martin is brought up on charges and subsequently found guilty, he has only his poor judgement (by tracking Martin) to blame although I believe it was technically a good shoot.
Ummm... you may want to check your names.

Closed Thread