Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-06-2012, 20:27   #21
bigbass1307

I bought my first glock last week (26) and I have been contemplating the same thing. I have been leaning towards the TFO's mainly because I am a shot gun shooter first so I am more comfortable with the TFO style set up from my shotgun. Has anyone had any draw issues with the TFO's being slightly bigger than the stock sights? This will be my CCW so I want to make sure they aren't going to snag anywhere. Does the holster make a difference with the TFO sights?
bigbass1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 20:28   #22
PlasticFan

Sights, Optics and Lasers
PlasticFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 20:28   #23
PlasticFan

Old 03-06-2012, 20:29   #24
PlasticFan

Old 03-07-2012, 07:21   #25
hioctane33

now thats a sexy glock. those ameriglo's look really good, i'm gonna have to check into those now.... i like the front sight especially, thanks for posting the pic
hioctane33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55   #26
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbass1307 View Post
I bought my first glock last week (26) and I have been contemplating the same thing. I have been leaning towards the TFO's mainly because I am a shot gun shooter first so I am more comfortable with the TFO style set up from my shotgun. Has anyone had any draw issues with the TFO's being slightly bigger than the stock sights? This will be my CCW so I want to make sure they aren't going to snag anywhere. Does the holster make a difference with the TFO sights?
You may want a bigger sight channel in your holster, that's all I'd think would matter. However, those are alot of sight for such a small gun. Also, I'd never put FO sights on a carry gun. I've seen them fly out at the range. More than once. They're easy to replace - because they fly out. It's lame, because someone turned your sight off. Never seen them lose a tritium vial though.

I have heinie's. I like em, but I looked at about a dozen different sights before I settled on these. A sight preference is very individual.

This is my carry gun, and I use it for IDPA. These sights do well for IDPA, I imagine they'd work for CCW as well. When I slow down to take the shots, I do fairly well. It's not the gun, that's for sure.

Last edited by Veedubklown; 03-07-2012 at 08:58..
Veedubklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46   #27
bigbass1307

I know it's a lot of sight so I am going have them put on and look at them before I commit to buying them, there is a glock guy down here that we do a lot of buisness with so this shouldn't be an issue.
How would those sights fly out at the range? They are pressed in to the slide and the locked in by a set screw correct? I don't see how they could just "fly out"? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05   #28
Veedubklown

Both times I've seen it happen, was with Tru-Glos. I don't remember seeing a set screw.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22   #29
bigbass1307

I watched him install a set at the last gun show and I could have sworn there was a set screw but I will def check into it. Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of that before.

Last edited by bigbass1307; 03-07-2012 at 11:57..
Old 03-08-2012, 01:23   #30
TSAX
USAF Vet

There are several excellent sights out there. Im not a big of of the 3 dot system but I have had Meprolights and they were pretty good. The Tru Glo were the brightest I used. But I have since moved onto the XS sights. They are great for quick target acquisition and shooting with both eyes open. Its just like dotting the i.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:56   #31
bigbass1307

I have been told by a few friends that they like the xs sights as well but I've heard their as accurate at the range?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:46   #32
Veedubklown

They're not inaccurate, sights don't make your accuracy, just your point of aim. They're as consistent as any, its just difficult to get that big ass dot in the same place every time. They're very quick though, but take alot of practice to get used to.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48   #33
gunsmithlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrego View Post
I don't mean to high jack the thread but I am in the same boat as the OP. what sights would you recommend for max accuracy?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I shoot warren precision sights. Personal preference but I cannot stand 3-dot sights. I'm a front sight shooter, and the two dots on the rear do nothing but distract my follow thru and slow my target aqusition down. Warren was the only company that offered a solid rear with a tritium front.

Hiene also has a good set of 2-dot night sights. The rear sight has a smaller slightly duller dot than the front.
gunsmithlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 16:12   #34
trip20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbass1307 View Post
I have been told by a few friends that they like the xs sights as well but I've heard their as accurate at the range?

trip20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 17:42   #35
gunsmithlee

That video is all fine an dandy but I've seen the surgical point shooting school do that with NO SIGHTS....

I'll find the video, its on youtube...

Last edited by gunsmithlee; 03-08-2012 at 17:44..
gunsmithlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 17:49   #36
trip20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmithlee View Post
That video is all fine an dandy but I've seen the surgical point shooting school do that with NO SIGHTS....
Exactly. Saying one can shoot accurately with no sights proves the point even further.
trip20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 18:28   #37
hioctane33

ok so i bought the xs big dot sights. i liked them after i saw them in person, i'll post a pic later
Old 03-08-2012, 18:39   #38
hioctane33

new sights

here they are
Attached Thumbnails
Sights, Optics and Lasers - Click for larger version  
Old 03-08-2012, 19:14   #39
tinman517

For these aging trifocal wearing eyes, I have found that the trijicon hd night sights work quite well.
tinman517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 22:44   #40
sharp

I have TFO's on a G19 and like them. I have Trijicon HD's on a G23' and they are awesome!
sharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
block, glock27, night, sights, truglo