Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:20   #1
cusn

Which Ameriglo iDots for G26?

There sure are a lot of options on the Ameriglo website. I am confused. I want a ProGlo Lime-lumi front sight and a yellow single dot rear sight. I like the wider (.180) rear notch. Some websites recommend a different size (+1) for the subcompact clocks (see Lone Wolf). Is that true? (please note that I usually shoot about 2 inches low with the ammo I buy for my Glocks.)

From what I can discern Ameriglo list complete sets with a green rear dot as GL-301 or GL-303. That would probably be OK but they are never in stock and I would prefer a yellow rear. Yikes, I just checked there website again and they list the 303 in catalog but not on the site. Are they sold out because they are popular or because Ameriglo is having some difficulties?

Would it be the same to order the front and rear individually. I think that would be the GL-212-200 (or 220) GR C rear with a GL103R front?

Lastly, where are these in stock?

Thanks.
cusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:31   #2
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I can't answer your question, but as for availability check on Amazon and Ebay. The last two pairs of I-Dots I got were off Ebay.
Old 04-27-2013, 15:53   #3
JohnnyTactical305

I think you mean the GL-201. Here they are on my G26.
Sights, Optics and Lasers
JohnnyTactical305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 16:52   #4
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusn View Post
Would it be the same to order the front and rear individually. I think that would be the GL-212-200 (or 220) GR C rear with a GL103R front?

The ProGlo front sight with photoluminescent lime-lumi outline is GL-212-220-GR-C for a G26 paired with the I-Dot rear. However, if you're shooting low, the shorter GL-212-200-GR-C may work better for your ammo of choice. A difference of 0.020" in front sight height will alter POI about 1.9 inches at a range of 15 yards for the G26.

GL103R is the rear I-Dot sight with yellow tritium lamp and .180" notch. Be aware that late in 2012, AmeriGlo changed the design of the rear sight to have squared corners in the notch. Earlier versions of the I-Dot Pro rear sight have rounded corners in the notch. The original rounded-corner rear sight is available upon request, but with a green tritium lamp only.

I believe you must order your preferred combination of front and rear sights separately. I don't think this particular I-Dot Pro combination has been assigned an SKU number by AmeriGlo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 04-27-2013 at 22:52..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 17:37   #5
kodiakpb

I have several rear i-dots with the yellow lamp. I can't remember for sure, but I believe I ordered them as a set. I think they were combined with red proglo front sights. At the time the yellow proglo front sights were not a package item and either had to be ordered separately, or you called the order in and told them to swap red for yellow in the package. My memory could be failing me though.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 17:42   #6
rudybunt

I choose the stock factory night sights from meprolight

Old 04-27-2013, 17:42   #7
rudybunt

they are stamped Glock on top.
Old 04-27-2013, 17:52   #8
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTactical305 View Post
I think you mean the GL-201. Here they are on my G26.
The OP (cusn) has something different in mind. The orange ProGlo front sight is a brightly colored paint only, whereas the lime green is photoluminescent paint and will glow in low light for several minutes after being "charged" with a light source (sunlight, indoor fluorescent lighting, or LED flashlight). Of course, both models perform equally well for visibility in a long period of darkness since both have a green tritium lamp at the center of the ring.

S&W M&P I-Dot Pro sights in the above photo are shown for front sight color comparison only.

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 04-27-2013 at 21:43..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote