Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05   #1
OwenMoney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3
Original G17 s/n APxxxUS

I purchased it new in 85 or 86 I think. It has been fired very little and never carried. I have everything that came with it, tupperware box etc.
I would consider selling it to buy a new 9mm or .45acp to shoot a lot rather than start shooting this one.
But only if I get enough $ to make it worth my while.
How much $ can I expect and is anyone interested?
OwenMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 27,682


$350 ish.....

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:37   #3
sgt1911
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 477
PM sent
sgt1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:16   #4
rebelray84
Member
 
rebelray84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 50
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=276590799
rebelray84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51   #5
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelray84 View Post
Really......?
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:10   #6
2garfields
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 46
If you sell it to someone from state of MASS, you may get around $500 for it, due to per ban regulation.
2garfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 13:54   #7
OwenMoney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenMoney View Post
I purchased it new in 85 or 86 I think. It has been fired very little and never carried. I have everything that came with it, tupperware box etc.
I would consider selling it to buy a new 9mm or .45acp to shoot a lot rather than start shooting this one.
But only if I get enough $ to make it worth my while.
How much $ can I expect and is anyone interested?
I live in Illinois.
Attached Thumbnails
Glock Collector's Club - Click for larger version  
OwenMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 14:09   #8
blueorb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 192
I don't know a thing about early Glocks. So, can someone tell me why the gunbroker pic of a Gen1 doesn't have any markings on the left side of the slide but the OP's left side does?
blueorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 14:09   #9
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Thats NOT the original box for that gun, which is going to hurt your price a little.
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 14:14   #10
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorb View Post
I don't know a thing about early Glocks. So, can someone tell me why the gunbroker pic of a Gen1 doesn't have any markings on the left side of the slide but the OP's left side does?
All Glocks* (17's) have the similar markings on the left side as this one does. Take a closer look at the pic from GB and I think you will see the markings there, they are just very poor photos and a little dark, but the markings are there.

If this is the one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=276411513

It has the markings, just hard to see.

Last edited by patcrad; 03-06-2012 at 14:17.. Reason: *Markings will vary depending on model, calibre, etc.
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:03   #11
OwenMoney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrad View Post
Thats NOT the original box for that gun, which is going to hurt your price a little.
I sent it back to Glock to upgrade internal parts to make current and I have a list of that. I don't remember getting a different box, but that would be the only possibility. I have the original receipt and cleaning brush also.
OwenMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 17:14   #12
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenMoney View Post
I sent it back to Glock to upgrade internal parts to make current and I have a list of that. I don't remember getting a different box, but that would be the only possibility. I have the original receipt and cleaning brush also.
Ok, thats what happened. If you shipped it back for upgrades with the original box, Glock would have swapped it out for the one you have now. Glock is trying to get as many of the old box's out of Glock owners hands as possible. The original box would have had the ammo holders molded into the box. This is why they are somewhat "collectable" as they are becoming harder to find.

This is the box:
Glock Collector's Club
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 18:35   #13
lohman
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Missouiri
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenMoney View Post
I sent it back to Glock to upgrade internal parts to make current and I have a list of that. I don't remember getting a different box, but that would be the only possibility. I have the original receipt and cleaning brush also.
I would call Glock up and try to get the original box back if it were me.
lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:31   #14
rebelray84
Member
 
rebelray84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrad View Post
Really......?

Yep.................and this one for over 7 bills-

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=274728538
rebelray84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:35   #15
rebelray84
Member
 
rebelray84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrad View Post
Ok, thats what happened. If you shipped it back for upgrades with the original box, Glock would have swapped it out for the one you have now. Glock is trying to get as many of the old box's out of Glock owners hands as possible. The original box would have had the ammo holders molded into the box. This is why they are somewhat "collectable" as they are becoming harder to find.

This is the box:
Glock Collector's Club
Is Glock doing that because of some kind of liability issue or what?Because they feel it encourages guns and ammo to be stored together or is it something else?
rebelray84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56   #16
lohman
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Missouiri
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelray84 View Post
Is Glock doing that because of some kind of liability issue or what?Because they feel it encourages guns and ammo to be stored together or is it something else?
From my understanding there were some accidental discharges related to the old box, maybe something about the post going through the trigger guard although your newer designed box has that also. So not sure could be the ammo in box or some other design flaw.

Last edited by lohman; 03-07-2012 at 05:58..
lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:49   #17
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohman View Post
From my understanding there were some accidental discharges related to the old box, maybe something about the post going through the trigger guard although your newer designed box has that also. So not sure could be the ammo in box or some other design flaw.
yep, all the above.
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:48.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,094
294 Members
800 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31