Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:57   #41
KennyFSU
What to wear...

I like the fire extinguisher analogy lol.
KennyFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 14:51   #42
xmanhockey7

Because the voices in my head say I should
Old 03-02-2012, 15:30   #43
Luvdux

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
Because the voices in my head say I should
I find that vey comforting!

I put this post up for funny smart ass answers but it is cool to see how people came to such an important decision.
Luvdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 15:34   #44
G30Mike
Say When!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatism View Post
Exactly. That's why I carry. I've had 1 instance where I really wish I'd had my gun on me, and didn't. After that you will never catch me unarmed! Period!!!

Typed from my iPhone.
Same reason here too. After what happened to me and realizing that I COULD happen to me, I've never seen a reason why I shouldn't have a gun with me everywhere I go. Its a one time investment that pays for itself over time and it will pay for itself if you need it.
It gives me a fighting chance against scumbags that may want to try to do me harm again. My weapon proved to me that it is an effective means to self defense then, and if something like that happens again, I will not only be ready at home, but now wherever I am.
G30Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 15:42   #45
fiasconva

Running and screaming just wasn't working any more. I got tired and out of breath too fast.
Old 03-02-2012, 15:45   #46
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

911 was getting sick of me calling them everytime somebody looked suspicious, my dog barked at night, or I heard a noise

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 03-02-2012, 15:47   #47
2740dmx

No one knows that I do carry concealed....
except my wife....and she is not telling anyone.

But...if they have to ask....they wouldn't understand!
Old 03-02-2012, 15:49   #48
OSUJEEPER

Why I carry a gun...

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Stolen off another GT poster....

Last edited by OSUJEEPER; 03-02-2012 at 15:55..
OSUJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 15:57   #49
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyatHeart View Post
Why do I put on underwear, socks and wear a watch? Why do I own a shovel, skil saw, and crescent wrench?

Good one Rowdy!
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 16:23   #50
Bullwinkle J Moose
Quick! Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvdux View Post
So what is your favorite Answer to the question "why do you need to carry a gun?"
Why do you need me to justify to you why I exercise a God given legal right?

PS Luvdux, maybe you should stop telling people you carry. Nothing positive can come from broadcasting the fact.
Old 03-02-2012, 16:34   #51
Gray_Rider

Because I have reached for mine three times and drew once. I was taking the tension off the trigger when I was coming on target too....(No. I didn't have to shoot.)

Many times my hand was resting on my hidden pistol "just cuz" but it didn't go any further.

Gray_Rider
Unreconstructed Southerner
Deo Vindice
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 16:36   #52
BigNic

My carry weapon balances me. If I didn't carry, I would fall over onto my weak side.
BigNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:02   #53
Luvdux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle J Moose View Post
Why do you need me to justify to you why I exercise a God given legal right?

PS Luvdux, maybe you should stop telling people you carry. Nothing positive can come from broadcasting the fact.
Who said that I tell people or broadcast?

Sure I said it on here but I believe most here do. It was "broadcast" in the local paper when I got my permit but that is normal. My best friend asked me once when he saw me take it off when we got to my house one night. There are very few people who know and they know me very well and most that do carry as well.
Luvdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:10   #54
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Because I work a dangerous job deal with large sums of money, all at night in the hood, and a lot of the hood rats know where I live
Dalton Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:15   #55
frontier2011
Give Me Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30Mike View Post
Same reason here too. After what happened to me and realizing that I COULD happen to me, I've never seen a reason why I shouldn't have a gun with me everywhere I go. Its a one time investment that pays for itself over time and it will pay for itself if you need it.
It gives me a fighting chance against scumbags that may want to try to do me harm again. My weapon proved to me that it is an effective means to self defense then, and if something like that happens again, I will not only be ready at home, but now wherever I am.
so what happened??
frontier2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:21   #56
idahoglock
I'm Not Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUJEEPER View Post
Why I carry a gun...

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Stolen off another GT poster....
And.............zombies.

Last edited by idahoglock; 03-02-2012 at 17:22..
idahoglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:38   #57
G30Mike
Say When!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier2011 View Post
so what happened??
Refer to this thread for my story....

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393924
G30Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:41   #58
Ticman

I carry to give myself another option when bad things happen. Of course, when you really need a gun there's really no other option.
Old 03-02-2012, 19:15   #59
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
In case I need to shoot somebody or something. Is there really another reason?
First post nails it down succinctly. That's exactly what I tend to say in response to that goofy question.
Old 03-02-2012, 20:02   #60
kensteele

devils advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
This should be in Carry Issues....but, anyways

I usually respond with something like, "I hope I don't have to use my spare tire, but I carry it" or, "I hope I don't have to use insurance, but I carry it", you get the idea.
Sorry to interrup this gun luvfest but...

Lot of good answers here but I disagree with these.

I ride a motorcycle and don't carry a spare tire. Don't need it or want it. Even so, lots of cars on the road with no spare tires. If the seller didn't put a spare in your car, you probably wouldn't have one either. If a decent spare cost $800 like a decent firearm, you probably wouldn't have one.

I carry auto insurance because it is mandatory in my state. Bottom line. No if ands or buts. Already people carry the state minimum if they can and most lienholders require full coverage. Auto insurance is hardly a desireable

While these answers might seem clever or catchy, they aren't very good or valid and will only temporarily fool the stupid anti-gunner. Please don't use these against the rationale person in a good argument since I believe it will actually make the gun owner sound pretty foolish. There are much better reasons to carry a firearm and as said, has to do with personal protection.

Everything in life has to do with risk but if you think about it, even when the risks are tiny to non-existent, many of us still carry. That includes in the shower in our locked homes. On the flip side, when the risks are highest (in Chicago), we don't carry. that's why I say, spare tires and auto insurance have zero to do with ccw.
kensteele is offline   Reply With Quote