Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-29-2012, 22:07   #1
rcd567

10mm to 45acp?

Sorry, I know the information is on here somewhere. Just been down with the damn flu. Long story, my current job has killed all overtime. To the tune of about $600 per month of my income. They are also looking at hiring contract security to replace us in-house guys. Soooo, I contacted another security company for some possible part time work. They are interested and since I'm a retired LEO and have a CCW they want to use me in their armed section. I have to supply my own weapon and no 10mm.

I've already got holster and mag pouch for my G20. Now if memory serves me correctly (and it might not) all I need is a slide, barrel, and magazines for me to use 45 acp. Is that right?
Old 04-29-2012, 23:25   #2
glock20fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
Sorry, I know the information is on here somewhere. Just been down with the damn flu. Long story, my current job has killed all overtime. To the tune of about $600 per month of my income. They are also looking at hiring contract security to replace us in-house guys. Soooo, I contacted another security company for some possible part time work. They are interested and since I'm a retired LEO and have a CCW they want to use me in their armed section. I have to supply my own weapon and no 10mm.

I've already got holster and mag pouch for my G20. Now if memory serves me correctly (and it might not) all I need is a slide, barrel, and magazines for me to use 45 acp. Is that right?
Yes, as long as the G21 slide is from a Gen 1-3, a Gen4 slide won't work on the G20 Gen1-3.
glock20fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 23:28   #3
Yondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcd567 View Post
Yes, that is mostly correct. If you were thinking of swapping the slide internals from your 10mm slide, a couple of those are different (safety plunger, extractor, what else?)

I have 2 complete top ends that I swap on my 21SF frame, with magazines to match. A stock 21 top end, and a 10mm longslide.

The frame is the same for the 20 and 21.
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 17:02   #4
firemedic1343
Not an Expert!

I've thought about the conversion thing many times, I just keep going back to how cheap an entirely new gun would be with the Blue Label...
Old 05-02-2012, 23:03   #5
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic1343 View Post
I've thought about the conversion thing many times, I just keep going back to how cheap an entirely new gun would be with the Blue Label...
I recommend this too, OP. If you just need a "at work" caliber, why not drop in a .40 barrel from one of the aftermarket guys? That way, on days off or trips to town, you can still swap back to your 10mm in about 2 seconds. No mags, extractors or springs to change.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01   #6
highfructosecornsyrp

you can get glocks on summit gun broker for 330-400 dollars, take your pick, 9mm, 40, 45.

Good luck finding an upper for less than 325 dollars. Might as well buy a whole gun...
highfructosecornsyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 13:24   #7
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

A .40 barrel for your Glock 20 would certainly be the cheap fix. I don't know if the Ejectors differ from the 21 and the 20, but if they do then you would need to change out the trigger group as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 17:16   #8
Yondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
A .40 barrel for your Glock 20 would certainly be the cheap fix. I don't know if the Ejectors differ from the 21 and the 20, but if they do then you would need to change out the trigger group as well.
The frame parts are the same for both.
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote