SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 14:11   #21
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
Maybe if all these fruitcakes who want to OC would stop walking around with there phones or a video camera and stop instagating a confrontation with the police they would not be so pissed off when they deal with a citizen.All them John Wayne types are doing is really making harder for the average US Citizen to keep there 2A Rights or having Laws passed!!!!!!!!!!I was watching youtube videos of OC crap lastnight and walking up on a officer with a camera doing a traffic stop to show him you have a gun is one way they may get more then a interview on camera.I cant blame many of them for what they do ,only thing i dont agree on is i see them taking a weapon from folks then unloading them and telling them not to reload it.Now if they are detaining folks and taking there weapons from them until they prove tey are not a so called felon,why hasnt anyone sued the PD or City to prove there point seeing they all have cameras and record it?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I do NOT want to OC.I DO NOT want the BGs to know I'm carrying.If they are casing a place ,IMO, the first to get a bullet is the OC.I'm more comfortable incognito..........DOC
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:31   #22
MoneyMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
My view on what, that you are trolling?

Not trolling,Speaking my view and its not wanted by many,But it is what it is,Take it or leave it.
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:46   #23
rvrctyrngr
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I do NOT want to OC.I DO NOT want the BGs to know I'm carrying.If they are casing a place ,IMO, the first to get a bullet is the OC.I'm more comfortable incognito..........DOC
That's your choice, of course. Others make different ones. Beauty of a (relatively) free country.

As to the 'first to get a bullet comment', care to share ONE documented incident of this happening?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
-Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes Brown v. United States, 1921
rvrctyrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11   #24
swinokur

Yep, don't sit in the front of the bus, don't sit at that lunch counter. Be quiet. Move along.

sheesh.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:23   #25
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Thankfully, this country has brave people who choose to exercise their rights. I think that many police officers are beginning to come to grips with the idea that open carry does not necessarily equal danger. We may soon see departments who are actively training their officers on the legality of the same.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:46   #26
swinokur

Counties in Northern Va are doing just that. They are practicing MWAG scenarios because OC is totally legal in VA.You may disagree with a particular religion but you have the right to do that, just as others can practice that religion. Should we abolish the 1st Amendment?

Nah.

Sometimes you gotta rock the boat a bit to move forward.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:12   #27
HoldHard

Since the OP looks like he's searching for opinions (possibly wrong on that but here goes)....

In My Humble Opinion:

OC = First Target

You might as well be wearing a tee shirt with a bullseye on the front and back.

There is a tactical advantage to concealed carry and if you ever have to pull your weapon from it's holster, you'll need every advantage possible to survive the situation.

YMMV

Have a nice day.

HH

Last edited by HoldHard; 02-29-2012 at 08:14..
HoldHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43   #28
xmanhockey7

Read my signature.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23   #29
RussP

Folks, please stay on topic.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:31   #30
Jud325

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
Thankfully, this country has brave people who choose to exercise their rights. I think that many police officers are beginning to come to grips with the idea that open carry does not necessarily equal danger. We may soon see departments who are actively training their officers on the legality of the same.
Pa. MPOETC training already has.

http://www.mpoetc.state.pa.us/portal...ty/mpoetc/7545

Training documents.
http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Last edited by Jud325; 02-29-2012 at 10:36..
Jud325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44   #31
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Folks, please stay on topic.
My bad - should have found a more suitable thread.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32   #32
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
A lethal force action? Is that like murder death kill where you cease his life functions?

This isn't Demolition Man, you can call a shooting a shooting.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52   #33
G30Mike
Say When!

Not this again.......
G30Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25   #34
MoneyMaker

well hope OC does not pass in Missouri on any of the new bills for new pre emption!
MoneyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:40   #35
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Man, those abolitionists, and those women's suffrage fruitcakes, or those civil rights guys. What's with them? No wonder police are pissed off at these people walking around trying to free the slaves or saying crazy stuff like "women should be able to vote," and "repeal Jim Crow laws." I don't blame the cops for being angry when some uppity negro wants to eat in the white section....

And those open carry wackos! Thinking that people can just walk around, with guns right out in plain sight, like it's their right! It's like they think they're just as good as government officials!

To say that Open Carry is acceptable to be practiced because it is legal is one thing.

Comparing the OCers who walk around with cameras looking for confrontations with the public/police to Rosa Parks or the Civil Rights movement is absolutely ridiculous.

Carry gun laws are on a huge upswing over the last 25 years. Almost every state in the country allows concealed carry in one form or another compared to 50 years ago when those laws were almost non existent.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57   #36
cloudbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Comparing the OCers who walk around with cameras looking for confrontations with the public/police to Rosa Parks or the Civil Rights movement is absolutely ridiculous.
Please actually explain how the comparison is ridiculous instead of just asserting that it is. The Rosa Parks event was planned out well beforehand to provoke a confrontation, in case you didn't realize. She, like OCers, was trying to provoke a confrontation to publicly highlight opposition to her exercise of her civil rights.
"A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all." -- Justice Antonin Scalia, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER, June 26, 2008
cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 13:02   #37
cloudbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker View Post
well hope OC does not pass in Missouri on any of the new bills for new pre emption!
Recognize in yourself the power of the totalitarian instinct. It is an instinct to which people on all parts of the political spectrum are susceptible.

It's not enough for you to simply say that you don't like open carry, and to not do it. You support state enforcement of your preferences on other people. You can't be happy that other people are out there living their lives in ways you don't agree with and you're willing to support the use of state power to keep people living the way you want them to live. Welcome to the totalitarian club. It has a lot of famous members.
"A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all." -- Justice Antonin Scalia, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER, June 26, 2008
cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 13:04   #38
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
That's your choice, of course. Others make different ones. Beauty of a (relatively) free country.

As to the 'first to get a bullet comment', care to share ONE documented incident of this happening?
Not looking for an argument,just giving an opinion.........
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 13:09   #39
xmanhockey7

Open carriers and concealed carriers are both doing the same thing....carrying a gun. Michigan Open Carry is the only group I have seen in Michigan actually trying to get a bill past that would eliminate the concealed pistol free zones (open carry in these places is legal). Open carriers fights for the right to carry concealed just as much as they fight for the right to open carry. Wish more concealed carriers were the same way.
Old 02-29-2012, 13:18   #40
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Please actually explain how the comparison is ridiculous instead of just asserting that it is. The Rosa Parks event was planned out well beforehand to provoke a confrontation, in case you didn't realize. She, like OCers, was trying to provoke a confrontation to publicly highlight opposition to her exercise of her civil rights.
Open Carry is legal in the states that these videos take place. The rights are already there.

Don't take me wrong - I am not saying Open Carry is ridiculous.

Gun rights as a whole are on a HUGE upswing. I disagree with people who intentionally go out in public with cameras and attempt to provoke negative confrontations with either the public or police. Confrontations with an aggressive and antagonistic tone while wearing a firearm is not going to go over well with the general public and may hurt gun rights down the road. It's also a common theme in these videos that the OCers say they "know the law", but are clearly violating it. One video specifically comes to mind when an officer is interviewing a group and an OCer with a camera walks up in a quick manner and begins to stand just feet away - even without the camera and gun, the OCer would have been in the wrong.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote