Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 13:00   #61
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
I am going to chime in here. Have you noticed a "major" change in our state since Med MJ has gone crazy in the past couple of years? I for one have not see pot crazed people running lose in the streets. Well except those occupy clowns who need to get a job but I think that has more to do with economics vs MJ. Has there been Med MJ places robbed and crime at those business yes. But on the flip side I have also read many stories of Banks, liquor stores, and regular pharmacies robbed as well so I consider that a push. My point is lets make it legal and use the tax revenue for good.
rideco
I have seen about much change as when shall issue ccw was passed. Blood still isn't running in the streets as predicted and people aren't burning weed in their fireplace.

I did see some TV interviews with Dr Reefer complaining about not being able to get a bank account....

Dana

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 02-28-2012, 13:04   #62
rideco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMFAB View Post
I see this as the same as the gay marriage thing.

It will be defeated at first and then after several more resubmissions and defeats will finally be approved.
Ok I will just go ahead and comment on this as well. In the Declaration of Independence it is stated:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I see gay marriage as the pursuit of happiness. If that is what they want no one has the right to say they cant do it. I dont care if they take the "marriage" tag off of it we have no right to tell people they cant marry who they want. They are doing nothing wrong to you or me and if that is what makes them happy so be it.

I just want to point out that I am not a pot smoking gay guy. I am just an average American who wants this country to continue to the best country in the world. I want us to continue to be leaders and examples to the rest of the world in technology, medical research, social reform, education, and human rights. I know its a long hard task ahead but this country has proven time and time again we can do it.
rideco
rideco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 13:09   #63
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
I am going to chime in here. Have you noticed a "major" change in our state since Med MJ has gone crazy in the past couple of years? I for one have not see pot crazed people running lose in the streets. Well except those occupy clowns who need to get a job but I think that has more to do with economics vs MJ. Has there been Med MJ places robbed and crime at those business yes. But on the flip side I have also read many stories of Banks, liquor stores, and regular pharmacies robbed as well so I consider that a push. My point is lets make it legal and use the tax revenue for good.
rideco

No major change other than positive sales tax revenue.....
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 13:20   #64
voyager4520
-----

If I remember correctly the 2006 vote was something like ~400,000 to ~700,000. Funny, I knew a bunch of other people in 2006 who wanted it legalized like I did, but I was the only one who actually voted.

I'm going to vote to legalize it but I don't think it'll get enough votes.

Last edited by voyager4520; 02-28-2012 at 13:21..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 13:38   #65
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
Legalize it and tax it the way you tax any other product sold on the open market. You have to pay for infrastructure and vital services some way. Why not tax it?

That said, I really won't mind if it gets jacked up with an additional "sin tax". Other than sales tax, taxing vices tends to be about the only way to get any revenue out of the 1/2 of the country that doesn't pay any income taxes. If it weren't for taxes on beer, cigarettes and the lottery, they'd never contribute anything.
How about Ammo tax?
RC-RAMIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 13:40   #66
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
How about Ammo tax?
It is already present. Its called Federal Excise Tax and is about 10-11% on firearms and ammo.

Old 02-28-2012, 13:43   #67
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
It doesn't matter what Colorado does because it is still against federal law.

Maybe they can take the restrictions off of machine guns and silencers while they're at it.
If we are going to start ignoring unconstitutional laws that's a great place to start

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 13:45   #68
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Perfect example of a person's views being skewed by their job.

As a cop, you run into the ****birds, that's the nature of the beast.
Agreed ex LEO and one of the lessons I learned after leaving was my views of drug use was wrong.
Old 02-28-2012, 13:47   #69
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
And apathy towards liberty is one of the best tools of big government.

"Legal, not legal. I don't really care."

I tend to view a tax as being far less intrusive than imprisonment.
I can see cases for both sides. So, I'm apathetic. Sue me.

Are speed limits on highways infringements of our freedoms? Esp. when it was a federally mandated 55??? (Speed limits are not in the Constitution, nor the power of Big Uncle to set them. LOL)

As far as no home growing if it becomes legal, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

I'm pretty sure that people make their own wine and beer all the time. Without massive taxes paid to Uncle and the state. And Moonshiners are doing quite well, IIRC. Heck, if you take that Moonshine fake-TV show as fact, the local authoratahz couldn't arrest a tree for leafing the scene of a crime.

Honestly, this is similar to Ghey Marriage. The subset that this impacts is disastrously small.
Old 02-28-2012, 13:55   #70
jbotstein1

I think it'd be interesting if in all these pot threads, each poster had to put their age at the beginning or end of their post. I have a feeling that the 40 and younger crowd would be overwhelmingly in support of legalization. It is just a matter of time until that age group is in control of legislation, and pot will be legalized.

jbotstein1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:05   #71
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotstein1 View Post
I think it'd be interesting if in all these pot threads, each poster had to put their age at the beginning or end of their post. I have a feeling that the 40 and younger crowd would be overwhelmingly in support of legalization. It is just a matter of time until that age group is in control of legislation, and pot will be legalized.

I fit in your age bracket that "supports" it.

Of course I still live in my mom's basement....

Last edited by DanaT; 02-28-2012 at 14:08..
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:07   #72
Fox
Varmit Control

The problem with marijuana is that it kills ambition. Too much weed and people become lazy, they can't focus, and they become content to live in poverty and sloth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:09   #73
jbotstein1

I've started working an afternoon shift once a week at a golf course in exchange for free golf. I am the starter, clean carts, etc. Last week these 2 elderly gentlemen came in after playing. I asked how they did, and they replied that it was a wonderful round and they had so much fun, but they couldn't tell me why. A few minutes later as I was cleaning out their cart, I found out why. Pretty funny. They were probably in their 70's.
Old 02-28-2012, 14:10   #74
jbotstein1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
The problem with marijuana is that it kills ambition. Too much weed and people become lazy, they can't focus, and they become content to live in poverty and sloth.
Yea. Our past however many Presidents of the country were lazy sloths who lived in poverty.
Old 02-28-2012, 14:16   #75
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
The one problem with this argument is that i can legally brew beer and wine at home as well as distill as long as it is small quantities and i don't sell it.

Dana

[quote=ocjackel;18643073]
Quote:

I can legally brew my own beer, make my own wine, distill my own booze. It's been that way for decades. Maybe the Feds and Big Business are just biding their time?

And that beer and wine that they allow you to make, in oh so small amounts........ are both still perfectly legal. They just let you brew your own small amounts. Why, they're both legal aren't they? Oh....that's right, they want the taxes. I see.

But you don't think there will be any limits on what and how much you're "allowed" to grow once it's legal and open to that nasty old big business produce under their own brand name in their own process do you?

And you don't believe that a substance they'll claim is so dangerous that it's been listed as a dangerous drug with no medical benefit for all those decades....... will be allowed to be grown for use in quantities that please all dreamers, with just a **poof**, eh?

Well, y'all could be right and I could be wrong..............we'll see some day I suppose.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:19   #76
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotstein1 View Post
Yea. Our past however many Presidents of the country were lazy sloths who lived in poverty.
Ah, but they may have also been amoung the greatest we ever saw as well, if only they hadn't toked up.

But now, we'll never know.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:20   #77
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
So?

Now you want to tell people that they must have ambition?

Dana

Old 02-28-2012, 14:21   #78
jhoagland
Lifetime Membership
That's right!

Send a message via AIM to jhoagland Send a message via Yahoo to jhoagland
Again as a Judge once said,"The war on drugs has already been won, and we didn't win it."
Yep, put those bad pot smokers in jail. (where they can really learn to be bad). That is just brilliant!

Originally Posted by Arquebus12
Moral ambiguity is an asset in a combat situation... makes fragging a viable option.

Hagens believe in kicking a man when he's down.
jhoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:24   #79
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
If we are going to start ignoring unconstitutional laws that's a great place to start

This just may have to be my sig line.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 14:33   #80
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
It is already present. Its called Federal Excise Tax and is about 10-11% on firearms and ammo.

I responded to quickly didn't ask it right, I meant to ask if he is ok with paying the extra tax on ammo.