GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 12:45   #1
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER
 
4TS&W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: here and there...
Posts: 10,767
I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong...

I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?

Is this some kind of payback for anti-cop posts in the coptalk forum, and the guys who post about cops everytime one is found committing a crime or caught acting in a corrupt manner?

For the record, I am pro both concealed carry and law enforcement. I think the two groups are mutually beneficial, but I see some from both groups sniping at each other online.. that's a shame..
4TS&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:03   #2
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,117
Blog Entries: 64
This question was in another thread where it was completely off topic, so, I moved it here to a thread of its own.

Please, keep your replies and responses civil and compliant with GT Rules.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-27-2012 at 13:04..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:14   #3
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 18,722


I have followed TBO's postings, as well as others and I haven't seen any prejudice in them. I find postings of current news to be available more quickly in GT then most other conventional sources.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:14   #4
ithaca_deerslayer
Senior Member
 
ithaca_deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Upstate NY, USA
Posts: 19,456
I'm wondering why TBO does it, too.

Why does he comb the internet, and bring back to us useful and informative stories about CCW and possible mistakes to avoid.

What, does he want $5 or something for his effort?

ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:15   #5
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,117
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?

Is this some kind of payback for anti-cop posts in the coptalk forum, and the guys who post about cops everytime one is found committing a crime or caught acting in a corrupt manner?

For the record, I am pro both concealed carry and law enforcement. I think the two groups are mutually beneficial, but I see some from both groups sniping at each other online.. that's a shame..
Are you saying no one should post negative stories about members of either group?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:30   #6
GoBigOrange
Senior Member
 
GoBigOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando(missing Tennessee)
Posts: 1,709
At least he finally stopped replying "open carry would have prevented this" to every single thread. He did that for a loooong time.

In his defense though I don't think he has any bias against permit holders, it seems he is just reporting the news. Hasn't he also posted a few stories about LEO's screwing up? I don't think it is a a cop vs permit holder thing.
__________________
Quote:
Some people's lives are just a perpetual series of slow motion train wrecks. All you can do is try to stay clear of the debris fields.
GoBigOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:39   #7
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER
 
4TS&W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: here and there...
Posts: 10,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Are you saying no one should post negative stories about members of either group?
No, but it starts to present agenda when you become a broken record... the guys who pick on the LEO profession because of a bad apple, or some who seem to be trashing CCW because some genius stole a pair of earrings while packing.. if I'm getting the wrong impression, I apologize..

I actually agree with Janice.. it's like the AT&T commercial with news around here, because of GT, I usually know all about stuff well before it hits the "water cooler"... (that was SOOOOO 42 seconds ago...)
4TS&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 14:15   #8
Chad Rogers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: mid-Atlantic
Posts: 170
I'm kinda wondering why some folks fall all over themselves to invent excuses why a CCW holder should be forgiven for their actions.
Chad Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 14:20   #9
CitizenOfDreams
Senior Member
 
CitizenOfDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
I'm kinda wondering why some folks fall all over themselves to invent excuses why a CCW holder should be forgiven for their actions.
I don't recall seing anything about forgiving him in that thread. The opinions divided between "punish him for what he actually did" and "throw him under the bus".
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:43   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 34,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?
I'd assume, for the same reason you make fun of trekkies when they get beat up: because it's funny.
__________________
"Liberal" is when you hire others to use a guns to protect you, so you can pretend guns aren't necessary.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:53   #11
brausso
Senior Member
 
brausso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 1,932
He's a cop, it's not like he doesn't have anything better to do, like to serve and protect


I'm not anti anything, but I certainly have no problem calling out anyone who's an idiot an makes headlines. If they are a CCW'er or an LEO, I have no problem calling a spade a spade.
brausso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:53   #12
Cream Soda Kid
Senior Member
 
Cream Soda Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?

Is this some kind of payback for anti-cop posts in the coptalk forum, and the guys who post about cops everytime one is found committing a crime or caught acting in a corrupt manner?

For the record, I am pro both concealed carry and law enforcement. I think the two groups are mutually beneficial, but I see some from both groups sniping at each other online.. that's a shame..
Have you asked TBO?
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:55   #13
slickt0mmy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
I'm kinda wondering why some folks fall all over themselves to invent excuses why a CCW holder should be forgiven for their actions.
Like CitizenofDreams, I don't recall ever seeing people on here stick up for someone that was obviously in the wrong. I don't care if you're a CHL holder or not. If you did something wrong, shame on you and I hope you get just punishment for it. The only difference being a CHL holder makes (to me) is that I'm especially disappointed in them because they ought to know better.
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 16:57   #14
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,109
I have experienced on this forum that if it doesn't happen in your little world or you didn't read about it on the news, it didn't happen.

I think it's beneficial to have posts about CCWers who have made mistakes.

Carry Issues
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:05   #15
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,117
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
No, but it starts to present agenda when you become a broken record...
In my experience with vinyl records, a "broken record" repeats what's in the grooves before the break. It repeats the same part of the song over and over and over and...well, you get it.

Using your vinyl analogy, TBO is posting different 45rpm singles, different songs on different records. For those kids here, well, look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
the guys who pick on the LEO profession because of a bad apple, or some who seem to be trashing CCW because some genius stole a pair of earrings while packing.. if I'm getting the wrong impression, I apologize..
Interesting that you say posting about bad cops is picking on the LE profession, but posting about carry permit holders is "trashing CCW."
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
I actually agree with Janice.. it's like the AT&T commercial with news around here, because of GT, I usually know all about stuff well before it hits the "water cooler"... (that was SOOOOO 42 seconds ago...)
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:16   #16
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,117
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by brausso View Post
He's a cop, it's not like he doesn't have anything better to do, like to serve and protect
...I have no problem calling a spade a spade.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:33   #17
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,132
If you don't read about it on the internet, it never happened.

So I guess it comes down to, do you prefer to know as much as possible (and he doesn't post a fraction of what's happening around the country) regarding the follies of CCWers, or do you prefer the 'ignorance is bliss' CCW approach?

There's no right or wrong answer. Just put TBO on your "ignore" list and you won't have to read his threads!
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:43   #18
The Habit
كافر
 
The Habit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,569


For me, his posts clearly illustrate the microscope the media seems to be puttng CCW permit holders under. Many media outlets make dang sure they identify a perp as a permit holder when applicable. As we all know, there are certain media entities with a firm anti-gun bias. Casting permit holders in a negative light only furthers their "cause" and possibly creates a perception among media consumers that permit holders are ticking time bombs.

Or something like that...
The Habit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:58   #19
Bullwinkle J Moose
Quick! Duck!
 
Bullwinkle J Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SC
Posts: 3,275
Have you also noticed that every time a cop screws up, someone invariable posts that? If something happens regarding a CWP holder (or a cop) that screws up, it happens and knowing about it reminds us of the additional responsibility we carry when we carry a firearm (and when cops carry a badge).
__________________
Bullwinkle J Moose
Bullwinkle J Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 18:02   #20
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil
 
HKLovingIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out On The Tiles
Posts: 4,372
I view his posts as more educational than anything else.
__________________
Jesus didn't have a stunt double, and neither do you...

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 784
183 Members
601 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42