Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45   #1
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER

I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong...

I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?

Is this some kind of payback for anti-cop posts in the coptalk forum, and the guys who post about cops everytime one is found committing a crime or caught acting in a corrupt manner?

For the record, I am pro both concealed carry and law enforcement. I think the two groups are mutually beneficial, but I see some from both groups sniping at each other online.. that's a shame..
4TS&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:03   #2
RussP

This question was in another thread where it was completely off topic, so, I moved it here to a thread of its own.

Please, keep your replies and responses civil and compliant with GT Rules.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-27-2012 at 13:04..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:14   #3
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I have followed TBO's postings, as well as others and I haven't seen any prejudice in them. I find postings of current news to be available more quickly in GT then most other conventional sources.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:14   #4
ithaca_deerslayer

I'm wondering why TBO does it, too.

Why does he comb the internet, and bring back to us useful and informative stories about CCW and possible mistakes to avoid.

What, does he want $5 or something for his effort?

ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 13:15   #5
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
I'm kinda wondering why everytime a CCW holder does something wrong, or even questionable, TBO is pounding out a post on GT?

Is this some kind of payback for anti-cop posts in the coptalk forum, and the guys who post about cops everytime one is found committing a crime or caught acting in a corrupt manner?

For the record, I am pro both concealed carry and law enforcement. I think the two groups are mutually beneficial, but I see some from both groups sniping at each other online.. that's a shame..
Are you saying no one should post negative stories about members of either group?

Old 02-27-2012, 13:30   #6
GoBigOrange

At least he finally stopped replying "open carry would have prevented this" to every single thread. He did that for a loooong time.

In his defense though I don't think he has any bias against permit holders, it seems he is just reporting the news. Hasn't he also posted a few stories about LEO's screwing up? I don't think it is a a cop vs permit holder thing.
Old 02-27-2012, 13:39   #7
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Are you saying no one should post negative stories about members of either group?
No, but it starts to present agenda when you become a broken record... the guys who pick on the LEO profession because of a bad apple, or some who seem to be trashing CCW because some genius stole a pair of earrings while packing.. if I'm getting the wrong impression, I apologize..

I actually agree with Janice.. it's like the AT&T commercial with news around here, because of GT, I usually know all about stuff well before it hits the "water cooler"... (that was SOOOOO 42 seconds ago...)
4TS&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 14:15   #8
Chad Rogers

I'm kinda wondering why some folks fall all over themselves to invent excuses why a CCW holder should be forgiven for their actions.
Chad Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 14:20   #9
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
I'm kinda wondering why some folks fall all over themselves to invent excuses why a CCW holder should be forgiven for their actions.
I don't recall seing anything about forgiving him in that thread. The opinions divided between "punish him for what he actually did" and "throw him under the bus".
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:43   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I'd assume, for the same reason you make fun of trekkies when they get beat up: because it's funny.
Old 02-27-2012, 15:53   #11
brausso

He's a cop, it's not like he doesn't have anything better to do, like to serve and protect

I'm not anti anything, but I certainly have no problem calling out anyone who's an idiot an makes headlines. If they are a CCW'er or an LEO, I have no problem calling a spade a spade.
brausso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:53   #12
Cream Soda Kid

Quote:

Have you asked TBO?
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 15:55   #13
slickt0mmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
Like CitizenofDreams, I don't recall ever seeing people on here stick up for someone that was obviously in the wrong. I don't care if you're a CHL holder or not. If you did something wrong, shame on you and I hope you get just punishment for it. The only difference being a CHL holder makes (to me) is that I'm especially disappointed in them because they ought to know better.
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 16:57   #14
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

I have experienced on this forum that if it doesn't happen in your little world or you didn't read about it on the news, it didn't happen.

I think it's beneficial to have posts about CCWers who have made mistakes.

Carry Issues
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:05   #15
RussP

Quote:
No, but it starts to present agenda when you become a broken record...
In my experience with vinyl records, a "broken record" repeats what's in the grooves before the break. It repeats the same part of the song over and over and over and...well, you get it.

Using your vinyl analogy, TBO is posting different 45rpm singles, different songs on different records. For those kids here, well, look it up.
Quote:
the guys who pick on the LEO profession because of a bad apple, or some who seem to be trashing CCW because some genius stole a pair of earrings while packing.. if I'm getting the wrong impression, I apologize..
Interesting that you say posting about bad cops is picking on the LE profession, but posting about carry permit holders is "trashing CCW."
Quote:
I actually agree with Janice.. it's like the AT&T commercial with news around here, because of GT, I usually know all about stuff well before it hits the "water cooler"... (that was SOOOOO 42 seconds ago...)

Old 02-27-2012, 17:16   #16
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brausso View Post
He's a cop, it's not like he doesn't have anything better to do, like to serve and protect
...I have no problem calling a spade a spade.

Old 02-27-2012, 17:33   #17
Patchman
Florist

If you don't read about it on the internet, it never happened.

So I guess it comes down to, do you prefer to know as much as possible (and he doesn't post a fraction of what's happening around the country) regarding the follies of CCWers, or do you prefer the 'ignorance is bliss' CCW approach?

There's no right or wrong answer. Just put TBO on your "ignore" list and you won't have to read his threads!

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:43   #18
The Habit
كافر

For me, his posts clearly illustrate the microscope the media seems to be puttng CCW permit holders under. Many media outlets make dang sure they identify a perp as a permit holder when applicable. As we all know, there are certain media entities with a firm anti-gun bias. Casting permit holders in a negative light only furthers their "cause" and possibly creates a perception among media consumers that permit holders are ticking time bombs.

Or something like that...
The Habit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 17:58   #19
Bullwinkle J Moose
Quick! Duck!

Have you also noticed that every time a cop screws up, someone invariable posts that? If something happens regarding a CWP holder (or a cop) that screws up, it happens and knowing about it reminds us of the additional responsibility we carry when we carry a firearm (and when cops carry a badge).
Old 02-27-2012, 18:02   #20
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

I view his posts as more educational than anything else.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote