SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 14:43   #1
DonD

Bud's Gunshop Order

Well, I ordered a Remington R-15 in 30 AR on the 23rd, they charged my card on the 24th. Said 3-7 business days to process.

I figured today was #7 and called. They said that they have a backlog of 2000 guns to be shipped from the warehouse! Said they set two, one day sales records in the last month. They hired extra people and are working 6, 12 hr days.

Frustrating but I understand the issue.

Our boneheaded President continues to be the best firearms salesman in history.

Sorry about the double post, the system wasn't responding quickly and I hit the button twice. Don

Last edited by DonD; 03-05-2012 at 14:45..
Old 03-05-2012, 14:54   #2
svtpwnz

I understand your frustration. My new Sig took about two weeks to get from them. I imagine they are selling the hell out of some guns with tax refunds and the election horders ramping up.
Old 03-05-2012, 14:57   #3
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
I understand your frustration. My new Sig took about two weeks to get from them. I imagine they are selling the hell out of some guns with tax refunds and the election horders ramping up.
Ah...forgot about tax refund time. Since I won't be getting one, I wasn't in the mode of thinking that way.

Sad that we have an administration that is so bent on picking and choosing which amendments to the Constitution that it will enforce. Don
Old 03-05-2012, 15:29   #4
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

For what it's worth, Bud's ALWAYS seems to have the worst shipping times of any online gun shop I've dealt with. Now maybe they do 100 times the business but I don't understand the difficulty. Buy gun, pull gun, complete paperwork, send to FFL. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 03-05-2012, 16:14   #5
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
For what it's worth, Bud's ALWAYS seems to have the worst shipping times of any online gun shop I've dealt with. Now maybe they do 100 times the business but I don't understand the difficulty. Buy gun, pull gun, complete paperwork, send to FFL. Maybe I'm missing something?
While I think the large volume of orders is a mitigating issue, I think the customer deserves a gun out the door in less than 7 business days. Shooters aren't very patient when waiting for a gun they've already paid for and they had the FFL on their computer instantly, it's not as though they had to search for or ask for paperwork. Don

Last edited by DonD; 03-05-2012 at 16:16..
Old 03-05-2012, 19:19   #6
rohanreginald
Novice

Wow, I am amazed at the lack of patience. If you really need it that quickly you can go to a brick and mortar store and purchase it. The whole point of internet sales is it costs cheaper but takes longer to get it and you don't have the luxury or fondling it first.
Old 03-05-2012, 19:21   #7
Church Key

Chose any two of the following three: (1)Price-(2)Quality-(3)Timeliness.
Old 03-05-2012, 19:34   #8
fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post

Sad that we have an administration that is so bent on picking and choosing which amendments to the Constitution that it will enforce. Don
Sheesh... This again.

First off, the Ammendments to the Constitution delineate rights of the Citizens of the United States. Rights are to be protected, laws and regulations are to be enforced.

Secondly, The O Administration has in no way curtailed 2A rights or further limited gun rights/ownership. In fact, gun access/ownership has expanded in the last three years.

Remember 2008 when millions of (out of touch with reality) gun owners/retailers created an environment of high prices/scarcity because of hording and fear mongering.

FYI - Messing with peoples' guns is political suicide in today's environment. Even Obama doesn't want to touch the issue.

He may not like guns, but he knows that his only move in his second term would be executive order -- which would result in Republicans winning the Senate and Presidency in 2016 (and his exec order being overturned).

It is people like you that are driving the continued irrational state of the gun market, not Obama!

We need to stay vigilant about infringement of 2A rights. But having a grip on reality is equally important!
Old 03-05-2012, 19:42   #9
carloglock19

I ordered a firearm from them on Friday and I got shipping info today with departure from KY and expected delivery on Wednesday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
BRC - 2016
Old 03-05-2012, 20:29   #10
bernie herd

I started to order from Bud's today a Sig P250 and they said it wouldn't ship for 7-12 days so I didn't order anything. I thought it would be a lot faster.
Old 03-05-2012, 21:07   #11
Sporaticus
Aw sheet main

Buds has always been slow for me. 7 days has been rule, not the exception.

Quote:
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-05-2012, 21:09   #12
Sporaticus
Aw sheet main

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella View Post
Secondly, The O Administration has in no way curtailed 2A rights or further limited gun rights/ownership. In fact, gun access/ownership has expanded in the last three years.
In a way, that is true. The Obama Admin has even sold weapons to drug cartels who couldn't pass the background check.

But then, we have to wonder why they were selling them to the cartels, and why they were using the guns found across the border to call for gun control.

Quote:
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-05-2012, 21:22   #13
mingaa

Yep. I just ordered an AR and though it arrived before I got my tracking e-mail (a little sloppy) it was still here the day before I hoped for giving me some pick up leeway and time to do a crawl through, clean and lube before getting to the range as I had hoped. All 3 of my Buds orders have been totally fine. Never 2 day amazing but in the 'very good' catagory for web purchases.

Last edited by mingaa; 03-05-2012 at 21:24..
Old 03-05-2012, 21:43   #14
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanreginald View Post
Wow, I am amazed at the lack of patience. If you really need it that quickly you can go to a brick and mortar store and purchase it. The whole point of internet sales is it costs cheaper but takes longer to get it and you don't have the luxury or fondling it first.
R-15s in 30 AR are very rare, no option to buy locally. Don
Old 03-05-2012, 21:48   #15
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella View Post
Sheesh... This again.

First off, the Ammendments to the Constitution delineate rights of the Citizens of the United States. Rights are to be protected, laws and regulations are to be enforced.

Remember 2008 when millions of (out of touch with reality) gun owners/retailers created an environment of high prices/scarcity because of hording and fear mongering.

FYI - Messing with peoples' guns is political suicide in today's environment. Even Obama doesn't want to touch the issue.

He may not like guns, but he knows that his only move in his second term would be executive order -- which would result in Republicans winning the Senate and Presidency in 2016 (and his exec order being overturned).

It is people like you that are driving the continued irrational state of the gun market, not Obama!

We need to stay vigilant about infringement of 2A rights. But having a grip on reality is equally important!
Obozo has an Attorney General who doesn't think the 2nd Amendment allows private citizens the right to keep and bear arms and has said so in front of Congress. Is that antagonistic enough for you? If Obozo wasn't virulently anti gun, would he keep such an Attorney General, particularly one who allowed Fast and Furious to go forward?

While I am not a wild eyed paranoid, I think Obozo would be likely to advance his anti gun agenda via executive orders if elected for a second term. Why not? He won't have to defend his record for reelection.

Finally, you know nothing about me, I'm not part of the problem here. Don

Last edited by DonD; 03-05-2012 at 22:24..
Old 03-05-2012, 21:52   #16
dakrat

Budsgunshop is great. they have great prices and shipping is included most of the time. so don't expect a next day air delivery. they also run a retail store that has customers coming in. they are not a stocking warehouse.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:37   #17
RYT 2BER

I've had good experiences with them but we all certainly know the feeling of when you want something, you just want it.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:01   #18
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
Well, I ordered a Remington R-15 in 30 AR on the 23rd, they charged my card on the 24th. Said 3-7 business days to process.

I figured today was #7 and called. They said that they have a backlog of 2000 guns to be shipped from the warehouse! Said they set two, one day sales records in the last month. They hired extra people and are working 6, 12 hr days.

Frustrating but I understand the issue.

Our boneheaded President continues to be the best firearms salesman in history.

Sorry about the double post, the system wasn't responding quickly and I hit the button twice. Don
It's hard to beat Bud's, but they are definitely busy. If they tripled the size of everything they own (which is already huge), they'd still be running at capacity. I bought a gun in the shop a couple of weeks ago and the line to get into the range was hours long.

Last edited by Bren; 03-06-2012 at 07:02..
Old 03-06-2012, 07:32   #19
MarcDW
MDW Guns

Not happy with their shipping but want the low price?
Well, I guess you can't have it all!
If you don't want to wait, pay the extra money!
for current inventory
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12   #20
DonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDW View Post
Not happy with their shipping but want the low price?
Well, I guess you can't have it all!
If you don't want to wait, pay the extra money!
As I said before, no other option, not available locally.

Closed Thread