Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2012, 14:26   #1
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Why (and how) the vast evolution conspiracy?

For the members here that believe the study of evolution is inherently flawed, I have a question. Is everyone involved in paleontology, geology and many more fields too numerous to mention in on the conspiracy?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 14:42   #2
steveksux
Massive Member

And don't forget they are busy twisting facts to suit their agenda, even those that disprove their theories.

Obviously nobody wants to become a scientific pariah like Einstein for disproving Newton's widely accepted theory of space. Got to preserve the status quo at all costs!

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 16:46   #3
Vic Hays

They are ridiculed if they do not agree with evolution.

Evolution is a way to explain creation without God.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

The Bible even predicted it:

II Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 17:12   #4
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post

Evolution is a way to explain creation without God.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

The Bible even predicted it:

II Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Ridiculed by whom? Who exactly is at the heart of this conspiracy? There would have to be someone at the top that knows the truth and is working very hard to keep everyone else in the dark.

How do you get hundreds of thousands of scientists in every field to agree on a lie that's so easily disproved?
Old 02-24-2012, 17:31   #5
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Specious at best <-- an atheist showing a little more kindness than your charge of "pure BS".

The geologists that first documented the faunal succession (fossils changing over time) were religious men such as William Smith of England. Not showing interest in any religious implication he merely documented the fact that the fossil record changed over time. Given that he was doing this 60+ years before Darwin's Origin, it's pretty hard to argue that he was trying to support evolution.

Physics underwent a major paradigm shift with quantum mechanics in the early 20th century as did geology with plate tectonics in the mid 20th century. Physicists and geologists had to let go of some long held understandings because that's what the evidence demanded.

You think that physicists and geologists have more loyalty to a theory in biology than to a theory in their own fields?

Evolution is still around because after 150 years not only is there a lack of evidence to falsify it, the supporting evidence continues to pile up. When Darwin was working on Origin Archaeopteryx had not been discovered, Tiktaalik had not been discovered, the Burgess Shale had not been uncovered, DNA had not been discovered, and yet not one of these falsifies evolution, in fact, they all add to the mountain of evidence supporting it.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 17:32   #6
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Who exactly is at the heart of this conspiracy?
I suspect the Cigarette Smoking Man.

-ArtificialGrape
Old 02-24-2012, 18:55   #7
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I suspect the Cigarette Smoking Man.
Religious Issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 18:55   #8
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Vic, I can't say I'm surprised to see that the authors of a hard to swallow story would predict that others would find it hard to swallow. I was raised with the bible every day. I know it front to back. My old man could find his ass with both hands, a flashlight and a bible. You have a lot of catching up to do. Lots of unanswered questions on this and other topics. To bow out is to admit defeat. C'mon man, GTs theists are counting on you!
Old 02-24-2012, 20:58   #9
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
How do you get hundreds of thousands of scientists in every field to agree on a lie that's so easily disproved?
They don't all agree.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 21:05   #10
Kentak

"Evolution is a way to explain creation without MAGIC."

Fixed it for you.
Old 02-24-2012, 21:22   #11
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
They don't all agree.
Ok, let me rephrase the question. Why is it that the scientists that get the grants and the investors and teach at all the major universities and write textbooks and make discoveries that directly benefit the medical community are all in agreement about evolution and the ones who aren't in agreement are relegated to doing banana videos on youtube with Kirk Cameron and being told to hit the road by school boards across the country? In other words, why are you losing this debate so badly if the evidence supports your side?

Last edited by Gunhaver; 02-25-2012 at 03:54..
Old 02-24-2012, 21:26   #12
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post
"Evolution is a way to explain creation without MAGIC."

Fixed it for you.
Right, and reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 21:39   #13
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
They don't all agree.
Could you share any scientist's conclusion, based on observation and experimentation, published in the scientific literature which reject evolutionary theory?
Old 02-24-2012, 22:54   #14
Tilley
Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Could you share any scientist's conclusion, based on observation and experimentation, published in the scientific literature which reject evolutionary theory?
Tilley
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 23:23   #15
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

You know the most amazing thing happened to me recently. There was an oil spot in my garage. About a week later, I went in there, and there was a roller skate. I thought that was interesting. A week later, I went in there and the roller skate had become a skate board. Then about a month later that skate board became a Yugo. About two weeks later that Yugo became a VW Bug. You know a month after that I had a huge 4x4 Toyota Tundra LTD? I guess evolution does work.
Old 02-24-2012, 23:26   #16
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
You know the most amazing thing happened to me recently. There was an oil spot in my garage. About a week later, I went in there, and there was a roller skate. I thought that was interesting. A week later, I went in there and the roller skate had become a skate board. Then about a month later that skate board became a Yugo. About two weeks later that Yugo became a VW Bug. You know a month after that I had a huge 4x4 Toyota Tundra LTD? I guess evolution does work.
Is this really what creationist are reduced to? If evolution is false and so easily disproven, why hasn't anyone done it? Why do they instead rely on misrepresenting the science and dismissing the evidence?
Old 02-24-2012, 23:30   #17
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Is this really what creationist are reduced to? If evolution is false and so easily disproven, why hasn't anyone done it? Why do they instead rely on misrepresenting the science and dismissing the evidence?
Ironic. It is an unproven idea, there has been plenty of evidence to the contrary; but it is either ignored or a group of appologists do their very best to try to explain it away.
Old 02-24-2012, 23:31   #18
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Ironic. It is an unproven idea, there has been plenty of evidence to the contrary; but it is either ignored or a group of appologists do their very best to try to explain it away.
Yes, creationism is all those things. That was my point.
Old 02-24-2012, 23:33   #19
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
I do accept that this accurately captures your understanding of the theory of evolution.

-ArtificialGrape
Old 02-24-2012, 23:35   #20
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Yes, creationism is all those things. That was my point.
That is my point regarding evolution. I have found that only one or two Atheists here are versed on the topic; Grape being the chief among them. The rest simply seek it out with a religious fervance to validate their need to explain away God even though they don't understand it all. It is almost as if they flock to it like some sort of sacriment.