Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:10   #1
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

For those who have followed my hiring process...

I just got word today from both the agency website, and a current Trooper that I know that the estimated academy date for my class will be around June 18. They have postponed it twice before, but it seems that the governor and the commissioner have both backed up the claim this time by budgeting the funds for a new class of 115 cadets.

This process has been up and down the last three years. It has opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I have learned a lot from it. I am continue to keep my head down, keep in shape, and will believe the date when I see it proven.

Thanks to everybody here again for all of their continued support.

Just an update for everybody. I hope to say I am academy bound in a few more months.

Last edited by KiloBravo; 02-28-2012 at 09:11..
KiloBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50   #2
Agent6-3/8

Good news, DP and I hope they stick to that date!

Things are rough right now in this economy. I've also been through a similar, lengthy up and down process over the last couple of years. In years past, with my prior exprence and certification I would have been all but a shoo-in for a position, but in this economy with the budget issues plaguing all of government nothing is certain. I should know something soon, but man I'm on pins and needles waiting...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58   #3
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Good news, DP and I hope they stick to that date!

Things are rough right now in this economy. I've also been through a similar, lengthy up and down process over the last couple of years. In years past, with my prior exprence and certification I would have been all but a shoo-in for a position, but in this economy with the budget issues plaguing all of government nothing is certain. I should know something soon, but man I'm on pins and needles waiting...
Thank you, and great to hear of your progress as well Agent!

I am sure any department/agency that picks you up will be very fortunate to have you. I wish you all the luck in getting exactly what you are looking for.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02   #4
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Radar is so close...
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05   #5
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Radar is so close...
Close, yet far!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34   #6
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerPredator View Post
I just got word today from both the agency website, and a current Trooper that I know that the estimated academy date for my class will be around June 18. They have postponed it twice before, but it seems that the governor and the commissioner have both backed up the claim this time by budgeting the funds for a new class of 115 cadets.

This process has been up and down the last three years. It has opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I have learned a lot from it. I am continue to keep my head down, keep in shape, and will believe the date when I see it proven.

Thanks to everybody here again for all of their continued support.

Just an update for everybody. I hope to say I am academy bound in a few more months.
Good luck and try not to let yourself get discouraged. It's been a long road, but it will be worth it when you cross that stage all snazzy lookin and whatnot.

At least you've got a date, even if it seems like it's a long ways away, it'll be here before you know it.

Congrats and good luck again, man. Keep us posted!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41   #7
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
Good luck and try not to let yourself get discouraged. It's been a long road, but it will be worth it when you cross that stage all snazzy lookin and whatnot.

At least you've got a date, even if it seems like it's a long ways away, it'll be here before you know it.

Congrats and good luck again, man. Keep us posted!
Thank you Sir. If I remember correctly, you are currently in between gigs right now as well? If so, I wish you luck in finding something soon too.

I think once I get to wear the big hat, all of the aggravation and time spent waiting will be forgotten.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50   #8
Patchman
Florist

I've said this before so often you must be tired of hearing it, but... in LE, if it involves something good, nothing is certain until you're walking across the stage to shake the Governor/chief/Top-dog's hand.

So between now and then, enjoy your time with your family and your hobbies.

Possibly going in in June? Great they scheduled it so you'd be running and doing PT in hot July & August!

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50   #9
nitesite10mm
Dog Lover

Great to hear, DP. Stay positive and in shape, as you stated, and the time will pass.

Good Luck!
in no particular order.........
nitesite10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10   #10
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Awesome! Good luck, man!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:41   #11
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

Thanks everybody! You are right Patchman about what you say. Hearing it never gets old though. It helps keep me in check. I am actually happy about the PT in the summer months, provided I remember to stay hydrated. I think it would have been harder on my joints to workout in the cold for 6 months straight.
Old 02-28-2012, 14:23   #12
Patchman
Florist

Just remember when it's 95-degrees and 90-percent humidity and you've just finished your 2 mile run and are standing in formation while the sweat is pouring off your head and stinging your eyes... do not be the one who wipes the sweat off. Don't be that guy.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 15:35   #13
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Just remember when it's 95-degrees and 90-percent humidity and you've just finished your 2 mile run and are standing in formation while the sweat is pouring off your head and stinging your eyes... do not be the one who wipes the sweat off. Don't be that guy.
Good to know! I will keep this in mind.
Old 02-28-2012, 16:28   #14
trdvet

Hopefully it won't be postponed again. Whenever you do make it and then get on patrol you will find that the way it happened will make it that much sweeter. So whenever you're working a crash at 0 dark 30 in the snow and you are cussing the driver you can look back and see how much effort you put forth to make to where you are at......which is on the side of the road still cussing that driver. All I can tell you is don't F it up. Congrats!
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
trdvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 17:13   #15
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Hopefully it won't be postponed again. Whenever you do make it and then get on patrol you will find that the way it happened will make it that much sweeter. So whenever you're working a crash at 0 dark 30 in the snow and you are cussing the driver you can look back and see how much effort you put forth to make to where you are at......which is on the side of the road still cussing that driver. All I can tell you is don't F it up. Congrats!
Thank you Sir! I will always remember what you say.
Old 02-28-2012, 17:16   #16
Vigilant

Excellent news, DP, and congrats!
Old 02-28-2012, 23:57   #17
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Good job. Keep us posted!
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote