Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 13:17   #781
Ridder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_dragon View Post
what i don't understand is, that in the US you have to get your spare parts / replacement parts being shipped to a glock certified gunsmith (otherwise you won't get them directly from smyrna, if i got it right you can't get them shipped to any other gunsmith (not glock certified) and even not to yourself at home, right? why that, would it make much easier for all people involved, especially with non-critical parts like ejectors/extractors etc.

in europe you can get the parts shipped to your home directly from glock austria (also they are no longer as generous with spare parts as in former times, seems the company policy has changed somehow).
Well....... I didn't get anything from Glock or the Dutch Glock importer.....
They don't even know that there are ejection problems with Gen4 G34's....
I wrote an email to the Dutch Glock importer with my ejection problems and he told me he would ask Austria......never heard of him since then.....

I now have a SS rod with ISMI 15# spring, White Defense HRED
and I tried a LWD 9mm extractor......stil getting them in the face......
I just got the LWD .40 extractor from GlockParts, and I'm gonna try that one tomorrow.

The original Glock 9mm extractor falls out very easily, but it was a lot harder to get the pivot of the .40 in the slide....we'll see tomorrow.....
Old 06-20-2012, 13:41   #782
SCmasterblaster

Try it again with Winchester White Box. If you have the same trouble, then it is time to compose a letter to Glock GA.
Old 06-20-2012, 17:04   #783
dusty_dragon

that's very sad to hear, hope your dutch importer will get the information soon and call you back and supply you with the parts needed.
Old 06-20-2012, 17:39   #784
ken grant

In the past somewhere in this thread,I declared my 19 cured of crazy ejections after installing the 30274 Ejector and replacing the extractor that I had polished with an un-touched one.

Boy was I wrong! It worked great for about 1000 rds. but last trip to the range, the crazy ejections came back to haunt me.
Old 06-20-2012, 20:58   #785
BroncoAZ
Glockalfeliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplejack View Post
What's up with all the spam replies?
If you don't use Facebook, don't have a Gen 4 and don't want to visit the page, then why be negative about it?
It's just a fan page for Gen 4 Glocks.. Posting your images for a reference for other people wanting to look at Gen 4 Glocks and it's just something fun to look at while on Facebook..
Facebook is lame, it might have been fine at first as a person to person network, but now it is nothing more than an overexploited marketing tool for a huge captive audience. Companies are investing millions into SEO and social media marketing. I refuse to let references to FB pass without heckling. I'm hoping it falls out of fashion soon, the rocky start to the IPO was a good indication.
Old 06-20-2012, 21:07   #786
Simplejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
Facebook is lame, it might have been fine at first as a person to person network, but now it is nothing more than an overexploited marketing tool for a huge captive audience. Companies are investing millions into SEO and social media marketing. I refuse to let references to FB pass without heckling. I'm hoping it falls out of fashion soon, the rocky start to the IPO was a good indication.
People use it for what it is and how they want to use it.
I see no problems in anything for what I use it for.

I can share information with others.
I can share a picture, a video, a link and the page is always there to go back to when I want to see it again.
I really don't care what other companies are trying to do as it does not affect me and many other people who find it useful.

How many commercials on TV have you seen? or let me guess.. you never watch TV.. Facebook is the DEVIL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Simplejack; 06-20-2012 at 21:11..
Old 06-20-2012, 23:58   #787
BroncoAZ
Glockalfeliac

Quote:
People use it for what it is and how they want to use it.
I see no problems in anything for what I use it for.

I can share information with others.
I can share a picture, a video, a link and the page is always there to go back to when I want to see it again.
I really don't care what other companies are trying to do as it does not affect me and many other people who find it useful.

How many commercials on TV have you seen? or let me guess.. you never watch TV.. Facebook is the DEVIL!
Not the proper place to debate this, but you pretty much hit it on the head with your last sentence. I refuse to use it, and discourage others from using it whenever possible. FB is a huge time suck, 900 million people world wide spending an average of 51 minutes per day (Americans spent 53 Billion minutes in May 2011 alone). Defend your master if you want, but like it or not you are being marketed to for the use of a free service. Look at all of the banner ads on here paying for GT.

Actually you were almost correct with the TV statement too. I haven't had TV service to my home for the past 2 years, most of what I watch comes streamed over Netflix or the web. There are advertisements on the web, just as on TV and social media. The more I can avoid the better, and I'm not interested in letting the social media companies gather data on my user statistics and search patterns.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:49   #788
Bello
America/Italia

To the OP do you dude, don't let these guys heckle you!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:25   #789
3/4Flap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
In the past somewhere in this thread,I declared my 19 cured of crazy ejections after installing the 30274 Ejector and replacing the extractor that I had polished with an un-touched one.

Boy was I wrong! It worked great for about 1000 rds. but last trip to the range, the crazy ejections came back to haunt me.
SEE???

Me, too. Ditto.
Old 06-21-2012, 22:49   #790
s64woody

Trouble Shooting...

3/4Flap: If we ignore issues with the Gen 4 glock we may gain some clarity. It is a different enough pistol to treat alone.

Everyone has thrown parts at the Gen 3, mostly to no avail. Several questions come to mind:

1. Are we really sure that the early Gen 3 pistols ejected differently?

2. If so, when did it change? Did the problem start to occur when the Gen 4 started to be produced?

At this point, if the answer to question #1 is yes, the only thing that we have not changed is the slide. What is different about the later Gen 3 slide that is causing problems? It must be a slide issue, because we have changed everything in the slide with parts that did not have issues in early Gen 3 pistols.

At this point it appears to me that parts swapping is just a bandaid for the underlying issue of the slide.

Your thoughts?
Old 06-21-2012, 22:57   #791
s64woody

Trouble Shooting 2

Almost everyone that has "solved" the issue by swapping parts has had a reoccurrence of the issue somewhere down the line... 750 or 1000 rounds later.

Is there any wear showing on parts that seemed to "fix" the issue? Mechanically, something has to change in order for the problem to re-surface. If the slide is the problem, then there should be evidence of wear on something, either the slide or the parts installed in it.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:14   #792
kashdaddy
Glockaholic

Quote:
Do what?
What he say below!!!

Quote:
Posting Gen 4 related and uploading your Gen 4 pictures. I will create Albums for each Gen 4 model and then I will upload your photo into that album. ............
G17, G19, G27, G22, G34, G35, G21, AR-15, AK-47, SKS, Mossberg, Benelli, Tec9, Mac10, Dan Wesson, Para Ordnance, Wilson Combat 1911, Kimber .45, S&W, Taurus, Hi-Point, HK, Springfield, CZ, .308 Sniper Rifle, .243 Deer Rifle, Kimber Rifle, Colt .22
Old 06-22-2012, 05:46   #793
3/4Flap

I do not know.

Glock CS has told me BTF existed on some Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns. My theory is that the Glock design is predisposed to it but previous manufacturing processes/materials kept it at bay. Then with some change to slide, etc, however small, the problem crops up.

I've read on a different forum that some professional trainers have never seen the problem in examining some thousands of guns. Others say different. I don't know what to say but do find it interesting that I had 2 Gen 3's of different models that both did it. How "uncommon" is that?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:58   #794
Ridder

I tried the LWD .40 extractor, and it got a lot better......still not 100% but for me it's fine.

I got an email from the importer and he wrote that they will send me a ejector....we'll see!
Old 06-22-2012, 13:00   #795
CDW4ME

This thread jinxed me!

I have a 3rd generation 26 that I bought almost a year ago; initially I shot about 100 rounds of Ranger T +P and +P+ and then stuck it in the safe. I would have noticed brass to head.

Couple days ago, I got the 26 out to compare timed pairs between my subcompacts. In the course of shooting the 26, 27, and 33, I got tapped by brass to my head twice.

I am not accustomed to Glocks throwing brass at my head and would have thought many of these issues were shooter induced prior to that. I was using Ranger T 124 gr +P

I polished the extractor (including pad) and could shoot Ranger T without getting hit, but a couple still went over my head. I shot 100 rounds of Federal 147 HP and it was fairly consistent, but lannding close. I polished the extractor a little more (including pad) and shot 20 Federal 124 HS and 20 Federal 115 9BP HP without getting hit, but a couple still went up. Then I tried the 124 Ranger T +P and 2 out of 10 hit my forehead HARD.

I've ordered a replacement Glock extractor and the non-MIM Lone Wolf version. I hope one of those solves the problem, because brass to head is unacceptable.
Old 06-22-2012, 15:56   #796
Simplejack

This is not Facebook.. Did I really have to tell you that since you couldn't realize that yourself..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:05   #797
tigman250

Well, if nothing else these new Glocks have been good for the aftermarket sales, Maybe Glock has stock in LWD?
Old 06-28-2012, 16:44   #798
nickels

Quote:
Originally Posted by libarts.tech View Post
I've put about 2,000 rounds through my Glock 19 Gen4. I've only had it for about two months, so I remember very vividly that I've only had 2 FTFs and 2 FTEs. I've only had brass hit me in the head once this whole time. Every problem I've had has been with Federal Champion ammo from Walmart, with the exception of one Winchester round failing to fire. Once I started shooting 115 grain Speer Lawman, I got hooked. Zero problems from those. I also recently just bought two cases of them because they run perfectly in my G19/4.

It sucks that performance depends so much on ammo quality. But really, why would you intentionally buy crappy ammo knowing that it won't work well in your gun?
I've now run wwb,remington umc,blazer brass,about 450 rounds now through it ejections all over still. Had 3 more rounds not feed and jam. I run the federal in all my other guns and have never had one issue. I don't think it's the ammo. I've run at least 500 rounds of the federal in my glock 22 with no problems.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22   #799
SuperSport

Hey Nickels,
So what's your mindset with your findings? Percentage wise compared to 450 rounds fired is really low but some may have a low tolerance for any type issue.
Old 06-30-2012, 16:56   #800
AlexTheSquid

Yet another G19 Gen 4 ejection thread...

I've been trolling and contributing (when I can) regarding the Gen 4 G19 issue since I started having ejection problems, but here's the rundown:

Bought a SRYxxx (Feb 2012) G19 that ran PERFECT for the first 500 rounds. Afterwards, started having erratic FTEs and brass to the forehead. Cleaned the gun, ran different ammo, etc...
At first I assumed it was the ammo, so I proceeded shooting the next 250 rounds Winchester NATO. Had the same issues, minus my FTEs went from 1 in every mag to one every other mag. Brass was still hitting me in the head the same frequency (every 5th round or so).
As per other threads here, I ordered the LWD extractor and installed it. Went to the range with another 250 rounds of Winchester NATO... had every other round hit my head! My friend who was shooting with me said that all the other rounds went straight up in the air (hitting the trolley for my lane and coming back at me) or over my right shoulder (I am a lefty shooter). He was completely baffled. I asked him to shoot a mag, and all of them came back towards me... and I was standing about 4ft directly behind him and I was catching the brass coming towards me.

So I am now ordering the new load bearing, spring, and plunger from LWD as well... hoping that maybe one of the other parts isn't in spec. For record, I have the 30274 ejector and 043 RSA.

So my question is - what other fixes have I not considered? I am almost ready to throw in the towel and call Glock - but I would rather not give up my CCW to them for a month at a time for it to come back saying "in spec".

I am nearly at the point of buying a different gun - if I knew of one that was as concealable, great-feeling for me to shoot, and easy to find parts for. Someone help this tired veteran have a reliable gun for his (and family's) defense!

Closed Thread