Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:39   #21
Cambo

My worst:
1. Taurus 94 .22lr Revolver - cylinder would bind up, effectively jamming it.

2. Olympic Arms K9GL Carbine - every type of malfunction in the book despite 4 trips to the gunsmith and 1 back to Olympic Arms. A client was shooting it and it almost blew up on him. I sold it to a gunstore who said they would fix it and resell it. It sold and then was back on their shelves 2weeks later.

3. Mossberg 500 Home Security .410 Shotgun - would not work with .410 handgun rounds(although it should have) and then would not work with regular .410 shotgun loads(pump action would seize up).
Old 02-19-2012, 11:43   #22
4 glocks

The only guns I had issues with were el cheapo pocket guns from the early 1980's. One was a Jennings 22lr I got new for $49 and a excam .25 bought used for $20. I sold or traded them both off. I told myself only buy quality name brand stuff and pass on the cheap crap that was good advice.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:49   #23
Roy D. Mercer

Not 1 but 2 separate Gen3.5 G30sf's that wouldnt stop ejecting brass into my head. Real stinkers those were.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:54   #24
AA#5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nib-XG26 View Post
It makes it a little better when there is a good manufacturer to back the gun, but it still sucks when you spend hard earned cash on a gun and its junk!
Sure does. That $99.00 sale price was what made them so tempting to us. They had really nice fiberglass stocks which were probably worth almost the cost of the whole rifle.
AA#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57   #25
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I had an AMT backup 45 that I never could get to work right. And it had a trigger pull of about 68 pounds.
At least is saved you a gym membership.

I bought an AMT backup 380 for my wife about 20 years ago. Never got as far as the trigger pull, she couldn't pull the slide back. Small blowback pistols are not fun guns to shoot especially for anyone who doesn't have significant grip strength.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:59   #26
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy D. Mercer View Post
Not 1 but 2 separate Gen3.5 G30sf's that wouldnt stop ejecting brass into my head. Real stinkers those were.
That is totally grip related. Hold onto the grip firmly and it won't dump brass on top of your head. I found this out when I was trying to make my G26 jam from limp wristing (I was concerned about weak hand shooting reliability). No jams, but I was really glad I was wearing a hat.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:05   #27
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 glocks View Post
The only guns I had issues with were el cheapo pocket guns from the early 1980's. One was a Jennings 22lr I got new for $49
I have that same Jennings. Idiots at Jennings put the wrong spring in the magazine catch (kept dropping the magazine while firing). I replaced the spring with one out of a ball point pen and now it works fine. Amazingly it has been totally reliable for me ever since. I keep expecting it to puke on me, but it keeps working.
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:12   #28
Haldor
Retired EE

My all-time POS is a Charter Arms AR7. I bought it for a car gun and it was ok when I first bought it. However weird self inflicted stuff just keeps happening to it. After a month or so the front site decided not to stay in the dovetail. I sent it back and this is the factory repair I got back. Now that is some fine craftsmanship there.

General Firearms Forum

Next the front of the magazine well fell off (while it was stored inside the stock). This is kinda important because with this piece is what prevents the magazine from moving forward during firing. If this happens operation is just a bit impared. The receiver is made of cast zinc, so there is no practical way to repair it (super glue and epoxy were useless). The gun can be fired, you just have hold the magazine in place.

General Firearms Forum

After that happened I just tossed it in the back of the gun safe. A few years ago I noticed that there is some kind of evil chemical reaction going on inside the stock. It is bubbling up like there is something hot in there, I have no idea what is really going on in there and to be honest I don't really want to know. It is hard to photograph, but here is one of the bumps in profile.

General Firearms Forum
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 02-19-2012 at 12:23..
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33   #29
Glockaround the Clock

Colt Python I bought around 1978 or 79 . Nickle plated 6 inch bbl. Beatiful gun but you could only put 3 rounds in the cylinder - the others were rough. Triied to get it fixed but Colt was on strike.

Last edited by Glockaround the Clock; 02-21-2012 at 09:42..
Glockaround the Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:37   #30
4 glocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
I have that same Jennings. Idiots at Jennings put the wrong spring in the magazine catch (kept dropping the magazine while firing). I replaced the spring with one out of a ball point pen and now it works fine. Amazingly it has been totally reliable for me ever since. I keep expecting it to puke on me, but it keeps working.
I traded my Jennings 22lr to a friend (he knew it was cheap)
but liked it, or maybe liked the size .About 20 years later I asked him what happened to it. He said it just stopped working after about 10 years I did not get any details. What can you expect from a $49 gun.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:49   #31
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Taurus.

Enough said.
Old 02-19-2012, 13:15   #32
Brucev

Bought a very early S&W M-59 that would only reliably feed FMJ ammo. It had issues feeding JHP ammo. I swapped it for a WWII era 03-A3 rifle. Cool. I had a gorgeous looking .22LR COLT Trooper revolver that would routinely fail to fire at least once on a cylinder full of ammo, regardless of the ammo used. I swapped it for a S&W 17-2. That was a very good deal for me. Excellent revolver. Very way cool. I've had good results with all the other firearms I've owned.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 13:33   #33
bunk22

A Glock 36 for me, had multiple FTF's every 50 rounds. I had a half a dozen people shoot it, including the local so called "Glock" expert at the range. Everyone had the same issue. Got rid of it, life is to short to deal with a defective weapon.

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 14:57   #34
Vance665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post

2. Olympic Arms K9GL Carbine - every type of malfunction in the book despite 4 trips to the gunsmith and 1 back to Olympic Arms. A client was shooting it and it almost blew up on him. I sold it to a gunstore who said they would fix it and resell it. It sold and then was back on their shelves 2weeks later.

How does a gun almost blow up?
Old 02-19-2012, 19:18   #35
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance665 View Post
Perhaps it went all Yosemite Sam on him.

General Firearms Forum
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 02-19-2012 at 19:19..
Old 02-19-2012, 19:24   #36
glock2740
Gun lover.

Dan Wesson stainless 4" .357 Magnum.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 19:24   #37
rv4driver

Smith 22S. Back to Smith and still Crap with a capitol C.
More recently, Kimber...yes Kimber, Solo 9 Carry. It's presently back at Kimber for the second time. First time was for two months, who knows how long this time. I LOVE the size of it for concealed carry 9mm, but hey, it has to work, right?

Conversely, my Smith 3913NL and Walther PPS, and my Beretta 90-Two have been absolutely flawless. And apparently my wife got lucky with her 870 Express. Flawless.
rv4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 19:48   #38
bustedknee
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nib-XG26 View Post
I bought a Stevens model 320 shotgun and its a POS, I shot 30 rounds through it it jammed about 25. It jammed on the eject cycle and inject cycle. Stevens/Savage will be getting it back. But it got me thinking how often does a lemon get bought? I have owned close to 100 guns in my life and been very fortunate this is my first real lemon (besides a .22lr on occasion).

So anyone have any stories? I would love to hear them!
It sounds like your injectors are gummed up.

Go to the nearest auto supply and ask for some "injector cleaner".
There once was a product, I think it was called, "Gum Out" that worked really well.

If it works on your injectors it will also work on your ejectors.
Just pour a little down the barrel then run it hard.

Old 02-19-2012, 19:49   #39
Cambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance665 View Post
A jammed shell casing lodged in the barrel. This thing would put jammed, misshapen shell casings anywhere inside the chamber/receiver, etc. When the shell casing didn't pop out, I told him to put the gun down immediately.

Last edited by Cambo; 02-19-2012 at 19:50..
Cambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 20:35   #40
Nib-XG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknee View Post
It sounds like your injectors are gummed up.

Go to the nearest auto supply and ask for some "injector cleaner".
There once was a product, I think it was called, "Gum Out" that worked really well.

If it works on your injectors it will also work on your ejectors.
Just pour a little down the barrel then run it hard.

Thanks for the reply but the gun is brand new and before shooting it I cleaned it thoroughly, its just a lemon I guess.
I have old Coast to Coast cheap 12gauges that work flawlessly so its just a chance you take.