Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:22   #1
Gbannan

First AR- Bushmaster

Im getting my first AR today and its a bushmaster. Wondering what your guys take on the fit and finish of Bushmaster as a brand. I've heard they're decent but no Colt. Any problems or issues I should be aware of. Tips? Thanks guys.
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:26   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Some bushmaster ARs turn out fine, some turn out to be lemons. The lemon rate is higher in Bushmaster than many other brands, so many people avoid them.

Before this thread really gets going, though, lemme go grab my popcorn...
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:39   #3
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Some bushmaster ARs turn out fine, some turn out to be lemons. The lemon rate is higher in Bushmaster than many other brands, so many people avoid them.

Before this thread really gets going, though, lemme go grab my popcorn...
Whatever. It has a cool snake on the rollmark. Does Colt or your precious SW Sport have that?

I didn't think so.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:41   #4
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I forgot to add. This.

Ok I'm done.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43   #5
aptrpl6
Detached Member

I guess that I got a good one. Roughly 2,000 rounds in three years and not one hiccup. Most of those rounds were "Wolf". The only fault that I have found was an un-staked castle nut, but that was easily remedied. I've heard some negative feedback about Bushmaster since they were bought out, but I don't have any first hand experience with that.

Carolina Glockers 13666
aptrpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:06   #6
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

BM is not really a bargain-priced gun. OP can I ask how much you are getting it for? Reason is a lot of people buy BM, Armalite, etc and then find out they could have had a Colt, LMT, BCM for roughly the same price and then get buyers remorse later on down the road.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09   #7
Gbannan

Probably more than i should have but i got a ton of extras with it. Im new to the AR and Bushmaster seemed like a decent manufacturer. Just wanted to hear from people with more experience with Bushmaster.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:21   #8
svtpwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbannan View Post
Probably more than i should have but i got a ton of extras with it. Im new to the AR and Bushmaster seemed like a decent manufacturer. Just wanted to hear from people with more experience with Bushmaster.
A buddy of mine has one and its a POS. The past few times we went to the range together, the thing has not run at all. It has jammed, issues with the bolt, won't feed, etc. I would not waste my money on one considering the fact you can get a Colt 6920, DDM4 V7, BCM for damn near the same money.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:10   #9
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
A buddy of mine has one and its a POS. The past few times we went to the range together, the thing has not run at all. It has jammed, issues with the bolt, won't feed, etc. I would not waste my money on one considering the fact you can get a Colt 6920, DDM4 V7, BCM for damn near the same money.
Great...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15   #10
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

When it comes to Bushmasters, the ONLY TIME you hear/read anything bad about them, is on the internet.

When you meet real owners of Bushmasters, the experience is the total opposite.

Black Rifle Forum

Mine has been excellent.

Last edited by Glockdude1; 02-15-2012 at 09:16..
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:26   #11
Gbannan

Well im picking it up today. I'll throw some pics up and a range report. Its only been shot about 20 times so we shall see.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56   #12
smokin762

I own 2 Bushmaster rifles. I bought my first one in 2003 and I bought the second one in 2004. To this day, I have never had any kind of issue with either rifle. Shooting Wolf ammunition would be a different story.

In the past, I have bought Bushmasters and Rock River Arms complete rifles. All these rifles have been flawless for me. However at the time, I was also not familiar with some of the other choices that could be had. Some of them are just as good for a little less money.

Since now, I am more aware of what could be had and the finding out that my options are endless, my approach for buying an AR would be a little different. Knowing what I know now, it is very easy and cost effective to buy a complete lower and upper of one’s choosing and just snap them together. I recommend this to people all the time.

Last edited by smokin762; 02-15-2012 at 09:58..
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:08   #13
Gunnut 45/454

Gbannan
So your buying it USED? If thats the case and your spending more then $600 your getting ripped off! You said your getting extras with it -what are they? If it's used then why is it being sold?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:19   #14
Gbannan

Its practically new. Maybe shot 20 times. Soft case, Quad rail, 223 ammo, 5.56 ammo, 4 mags, flip up sights, od green stock and original. Other stuff im forgetting.

But i guess shot 20 times is still used...

Buddy needs money badly.

Last edited by Gbannan; 02-15-2012 at 10:20..
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25   #15
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbannan View Post
Its practically new. Maybe shot 20 times. Soft case, Quad rail, 223 ammo, 5.56 ammo, 4 mags, flip up sights, od green stock and original. Other stuff im forgetting.

But i guess shot 20 times is still used...

Buddy needs money badly.
I've had nothing but good luck with Bushmasters. You will be happy with your new purchase I'm sure. You also will recieve good karma for helping your friend out.Good luck and please post a range report.tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:38   #16
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
I've had nothing but good luck with Bushmasters. You will be happy with your new purchase I'm sure. You also will recieve good karma for helping your friend out.Good luck and please post a range report.tom.
Hope so. Will report soon.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:55   #17
ca survivor

I have one, it's been good, true I don't have too many rounds through it maybe 500.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:55   #18
SigFTW

Gratz on your first AR!! I know you will have a blast at the range. There is just one down side, you can never have enough ammo so save your pennies!!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:59   #19
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Hey congrats on your new Bushmaster. Don't listen to all the internet experts here , just go out and shoot the snot out of it!!!! You'll figure it out for yourself.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00   #20
bmoore

Just enjoy your rifle first and foremost man. Sounds like your helping your buddy out of a jam and thats cool. There isnt any part on that rifle that cant be replaced/upgraded (if you want to/if it needs to). Shoot the dog wad out of it and if something gives you a problem or you dont like it, replace it. I doubt it will give you any grief.

My cousin has a Bushy and it runs fine. He doenst take carbine courses and he doenst use it in combat. He owns a heating/AC company and shoots at cans/junk by the bayou on weekends. Pretty anti-climatic I know, but his rifle works just fine for general fun.