GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 13:28   #561
jtrudel31

Gen 4 g19 approx 1500 rounds . Functions reliably with exception to erractic ejection with 115 gr bullets. 8-26-11 test fire date

Last edited by jtrudel31; 11-05-2012 at 13:30..
jtrudel31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:33   #562
tcruse

1. Gen 4 17

A. I have no problem with this handgun

Brass to the Head in the first few rounds rarely, stopped somewhere after 1000 rounds.
tcruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23   #563
Person

1. Which model(s) do you own?
26 Gen 4

2. Which fits your situation:
No Issue as of yet.

3. Notes/comments regarding your situation and your thoughts on this issue.
Just picked this up the other day and put my first 110 rounds of assorted ammo through it. It has an 8/29/12 test date. Dipped extractor and the 30271 ejector.

50 rds WWB
50 rds Federal 115
5 rds Winchester Self Protection
5 rds Speer Gold Dot 124+P

No issues at all. I was even practicing one handed (Weak and strong) and had no problems. One round shooting weak hand hit me in the head but I was limpwristing big time. So far so good.

Last edited by Person; 11-06-2012 at 12:26..
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 18:50   #564
Riverkilt

Had the afternoon off today. Got a call from my local gun dealer. My new Gen 4 26 had arrived. My first Glock after years of resisting them. Went over and filled out the paperwork, brought it home and cleaned it, took it out to the range as the sun was setting. Was able to get off 60 rounds of Herter's 9mm Luger 115 grain aluminum case, nylon jacket. No problems - EXCEPT - nearly every spent case ejected so it rained down on the top of my head. Most hitting the plastic top of my ear covers with a funny sound.

Never had a weapon that ejected back onto the top of my head??? Read the first fiew pages. Imagine if I wade through the other 20 some pages I'll find out why.

Makes no sense to eject onto the top of the head of the shooter....is it an Austrian thing??

Glock 42...somewhere you can't see
Riverkilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 20:08   #565
Onse

G23 Gen4 USA made, ZERO problem.
Onse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 20:42   #566
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Gen4 G19, Gen4 G23, Gen4 G21 and Gen4 G35. No problems.
Old 11-08-2012, 22:47   #567
firstg19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
Had the afternoon off today. Got a call from my local gun dealer. My new Gen 4 26 had arrived. My first Glock after years of resisting them. Went over and filled out the paperwork, brought it home and cleaned it, took it out to the range as the sun was setting. Was able to get off 60 rounds of Herter's 9mm Luger 115 grain aluminum case, nylon jacket. No problems - EXCEPT - nearly every spent case ejected so it rained down on the top of my head. Most hitting the plastic top of my ear covers with a funny sound.

Never had a weapon that ejected back onto the top of my head??? Read the first fiew pages. Imagine if I wade through the other 20 some pages I'll find out why.

Makes no sense to eject onto the top of the head of the shooter....is it an Austrian thing??
Try something besides Herters. Something brass cased and post back if you still have the same problem. Also look into making sure you have the newest recoil spring and ejector
firstg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57   #568
Riverkilt

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try some brass ammo but from the thousands of posts about this problem I don't think that'll change anything. No clue why when this product is NEW OUT OF THE BOX at a dear price already I should have to first thing go out and buy a new recoil spring and new ejector...I thought Glock had a reputation for quality goods...someone must have tested this thing during the design and production stages back in Austria. From the posts I'm finding on various forums seems like its a problem with their Gen 4 products...big big screw up. Not a good taste in my mouth for my first Glock purchase...

I'm finding a strong similarity between Glocks and Computers...if there's a problem its somehow MY fault...and, my "parts" are wrong in the system....

Old 11-09-2012, 07:55   #569
MikeWick

Glock 19 Gen 4

B. I have ejection problems with this handgun

I bought one after my dad bought one, and both of ours do this. My slide spring came apart after about 100 rounds of ammo through it too and I havent shot it since I replaced that. Dunno if its related or not, but I will share once I get it out again.
MikeWick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58   #570
lowflyer
Capitalist

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Will try some brass ammo but from the thousands of posts about this problem I don't think that'll change anything. No clue why when this product is NEW OUT OF THE BOX at a dear price already I should have to first thing go out and buy a new recoil spring and new ejector...I thought Glock had a reputation for quality goods...someone must have tested this thing during the design and production stages back in Austria. From the posts I'm finding on various forums seems like its a problem with their Gen 4 products...big big screw up. Not a good taste in my mouth for my first Glock purchase...

I'm finding a strong similarity between Glocks and Computers...if there's a problem its somehow MY fault...and, my "parts" are wrong in the system....
You are absolutely right. I'll give you $100 plus shipping and transfer fees for that low-quality piece of crap. Let's make a deal.
lowflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:44   #571
RM686

I have a G19 Gen 4 made at end of august 2012 as per fired cases included with gun. The ejection problems seem to have been fixed. But I will say that this gun had the worst trigger of any of the 50 some guns I have owned with one exception. I spent about $250 dollars in extra triggers , connectors and springs. I tried many of the combination above to get a decent trigger. I really hated glock and thought it was a piece of ****.
Now comes the lession.I went to 2 different dealers and tried the triggers on 2 other G19 Gen 4s. They were fine out of the box. If I had bought one of these guns I would have save a hell of a lot of money. The lession is not all Glock are alike. I just got a bad one. I also tried a G26 which was great. So my advice is if you are going to buy a Glock make sure you try it first and compare it to other Glocks. This was my first Glock and striker fired pistol. I had ordered it because none were in stock.
With all the parts I tried it ended being one connector out of 4 and a 25 cent polish job to a crisp, smooth 5 lb pull. Everthing else is stock on the gun with the exception of a smooth trigger.
So the answer to the first question did glock solve its ejection problems is yes. Should this gun have ever left the factory no. The original pull with a dot connector was a gritty 9 pounds.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:18   #572
JBP55

My Gen 4 G17 now has 39,600 flawless rounds fired and several other Gen 4 Glocks of mine have been flawless as well.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 21:55   #573
glide100

gen 4 34 300 round through it.. 1 1/2 inch at 25 yd or better 5 shots
glide100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 23:13   #574
Riverkilt

Was talking by email with customer service in Glock and they've just disappeared suddenly. No interest in answering questions about what they'll do to address this long standing problem if I send the 26 in. emailed yesterday to find out why no answer back and got no answer back through today....guess dissatisfied first time customers don't count for much. Did get the new steel recoil spring rod thingie in. Installed it and went to the range tonight. Shot 50 rounds. None hit me in the face...but almost all landed on top of my head. Feels like reduced recoil and perceive better accuracy with this new steel guide rod. Still no availablity of the ejector that works from Apex. With such poor quality out of the box and such disinterested customer service this is probably gonna be my only Glock purchase. Sad way to run a business.

Old 11-14-2012, 23:15   #575
AWoods

Glock 19 and Glock 21

I have no problems with these firearms.
AWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 00:30   #576
RM686

Quote:
Was talking by email with customer service in Glock and they've just disappeared suddenly. No interest in answering questions about what they'll do to address this long standing problem if I send the 26 in. emailed yesterday to find out why no answer back and got no answer back through today....guess dissatisfied first time customers don't count for much. Did get the new steel recoil spring rod thingie in. Installed it and went to the range tonight. Shot 50 rounds. None hit me in the face...but almost all landed on top of my head. Feels like reduced recoil and perceive better accuracy with this new steel guide rod. Still no availablity of the ejector that works from Apex. With such poor quality out of the box and such disinterested customer service this is probably gonna be my only Glock purchase. Sad way to run a business.
My G4 19 sucked and cost me $200 in upgrades to make it a good pistol. In your case are your sure they didn't find out you are a Democrat? Jut kiding. Wil never buy another Glock probably either. Simple reason they wouldnt even sell me the parts. I had to see a glock armour who wanted money to install parts a monkey could put in. Went to aftermarket suppliers and upgraded and installed parts myself. The gun is really good now, The glock business model sucks.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:41   #577
INEEDMILK

Quote:

Try the HRED White Sound plunger assembly. Only $20 and fixed my Gen4 ejection problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:17   #578
jgeng

Glock 19 Gen 4 - No problems

Glock 30sf & Glock 19 Gen 4
jgeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11   #579
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM686 View Post
My G4 19 sucked and cost me $200 in upgrades to make it a good pistol.
Can I ask what you had to replace?

$200 sounds like a lot. And I'm a Republican.....lol
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
clarkz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20   #580
krs7272

Glock 23 Gen4. Issues really started around 400 rounds. Last 3 times to range I'd say I get about 2-3 BTF every 100. Rest are erratic like others with this issue.

Glock hasn't been much help either. Saying its ammo etc on phone. And have not responded to my emails at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
krs7272 is offline   Reply With Quote