Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:40   #21
ae7v

Well this turned out to be quite the thread. Lots of answers and theory. I personally wish that they wouldn't hide the fact where their stuff is made. I would like to make informed decisions. I think their product is great and have pushed more than one customer their way. In the sporting goods store where I work most of the stuff we sell is from China. But that is what we have to sell in order to stay competitive in the market. At this juncture in life with unemployment the way it is if I can buy American I will, just so I can possibly keep someone in the work force. Enough said I'm just tired of deception in the ........world I guess.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:06   #22
AquaHull

Whats the barcode say?What number does it start with?Sometimes that will help

http://gepir.gs1.org/v32/xx/gtin.aspx?Lang=en-US
Old 02-11-2012, 12:26   #23
Hogpauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody Jones View Post
look at the wolf's eyes on their logo--that should answer your question....
That's pretty screwed up! Why don't you crawl back under that rock you wormed yourself out of.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:40   #24
cciman

Of those who want to buy American, look at your cell phone, TV, car, beedsheets, DVD-player, microwave, clock, chair you are sitting in-- almost everything you "can't live without" is not made in USA. So your standard of living that you are used to, living in the greatest country in the world, is because of made in other places products.

Given today's manufacturing processes, I don't think it matters where it is made. The metal does not care, your Glock does not think, or emote.

If you have a philosophical problem with it, don't buy it.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43   #25
jb1911

I've bought a few LWD products ... always been satisfied.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
Old 02-11-2012, 12:46   #26
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cciman View Post
Of those who want to buy American, look at your cell phone, TV, car, beedsheets, DVD-player, microwave, clock, chair you are sitting in-- almost everything you "can't live without" is not made in USA. So your standard of living that you are used to, living in the greatest country in the world, is because of made in other places products.

Given today's manufacturing processes, I don't think it matters where it is made. The metal does not care, your Glock does not think, or emote.

If you have a philosophical problem with it, don't buy it.
Why is "car" in your list? We still make more than anyone else.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51   #27
Frank V

Shoot I'll stir the pot some!
How many of us would not buy a Lone Wolf BBL if we knew for a fact they weren't made in America. Be honest!

I asked the question so I'll start: I'm saving for one right now, & when I have the rest of the money, I'll send off my order for a LONE WOLF BBL!
Frank
Old 02-11-2012, 12:52   #28
misfit356tsw

I find it kind of ironic that we are making snide comments about where an aftermarket barrel is made for Glocks, that are Austrian. Did I miss something?

Now if it was foreign made barrels for a Ruger then by all means break out the pitchforks if you want.
mrsmisfit on the Sewing Forum: You know what really irks me today my husband said again that he doesn't like vanilla ice cream. He keeps saying it and it hurts my feelings! I'm sick and tired of doing his dishes and he wont even rinse them out first!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:54   #29
Chesafreak

Does anyone else here think its kinda funny how a fairly new member with 5 posts is disparaging LWD who is widely known for its high quality after-market barrels? OP: Do you have any interest in a competitor of LWD? I'm not bashing you, but I would like to know.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 02-11-2012 at 12:57..
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58   #30
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank V View Post
Shoot I'll stir the pot some!
How many of us would not buy a Lone Wolf BBL if we knew for a fact they weren't made in America. Be honest!

I asked the question so I'll start: I'm saving for one right now, & when I have the rest of the money, I'll send off my order for a LONE WOLF BBL!
Frank
This post conflicts with your sig.

People still consider Chinese made products to be inferior to products made in places like the USA, Austria, Italy, etc. Whether it's still true or not is a matter of each persons perception.

Old 02-11-2012, 17:35   #31
TriggerFinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody Jones View Post
look at the wolf's eyes on their logo--that should answer your question....
WOW

Now that is a racist remark
Old 02-12-2012, 18:03   #32
Prince Herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit356tsw View Post
I find it kind of ironic that we are making snide comments about where an aftermarket barrel is made for Glocks, that are Austrian. Did I miss something?...
Yes. I think what you are missing is that (for purposes of this discussion) Glocks are clearly (and indeed indelibly) marked with their country of origin. The focus of this discussion is the apparent lack of labeling on the aftermarket part in question. On that note, it does appear that in the United States, the marking statute, 19 U.S.C. 1304 requires that, unless excepted, every article of foreign origin (or its container) imported into the U.S. shall be marked with its country of origin. Again, I don't have a pony in this race, but there was a suggestion to ask the vendor in the GATE forum. Did anyone follow-up?
Old 02-12-2012, 18:11   #33
Prince Herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve23323 View Post
Does anyone else here think its kinda funny how a fairly new member with 5 posts...
No, I don't find it "kinda funny" at all. In fact it seems to make sense if the new guy espouses some interest in the product and comes here to gather research or information. I think it quite appropriate that some folks are interested to know where good are made before shelling out their money. I don't think it is fair to read anything into it or assign some motivation (nefarious or otherwise) to the request.
Old 02-14-2012, 13:50   #34
ronin.45

I don't give a darn where they make them. They are a good product from a good company. Unless they claimed that they made them here, there is no deception!
Old 02-15-2012, 20:12   #35
Buckeye63

I have a close friend ,,that works for Snap-On Tools ..as you all know ..they are none for there high quality...he occasionally travels to China to visit several of there company owned plants..the tools that leave there does not carry the Snap-On name .but the name of Kobalt...he has mentioned there high quality steel there and there quality control...so i'm sure if they make there barrels there it is no red flag.... I love Norinco 1911's and shot guns ..... My Nornico Remington knock off pump SD shotgun is super quality..built like a tank
Old 02-16-2012, 01:01   #36
toddnjoy

Wouldn't it just be simpler to just ask , Hey I was wondering where your lone wolf products are made. Instead of going wacko previous to the answer.
Old 02-17-2012, 15:01   #37
Prince Herman

Any definitive answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
They are a good product from a good company.
I don't think the quality of the product or the reputation of the purveyor is in question. That is not the point of this discussion. AIUI, the gist of the OP was
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae7v View Post
Does anyone have any knowledge of...[where the parts are made]
. That is an eminently fair question of any product offered by any purveyor. The purpose of the marking laws, AIUI, is to inform the ultimate purchaser in the U.S. of the country in which an imported article was made. There may be an element of protectionism in there, and the consumer can give that information whatever relative weight he chooses in making his purchasing decision, but nevertheless, the law seems to require the disclosure to the purchaser (not merely the lack of a deception).
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03   #38
Check my Gat

Considering its distributed by Americans I could care less. If its being produced somewhere other than America by someone other than an American, there's a reason behind it.

Personally, as much as I like buying American, I simultaneously could care less. Glocks for example can't even be manufactured to spec in the United States because the process to Tennifer the materials is literally illegal to perform here.
Old 02-19-2012, 21:58   #39
tackstrp

ditto happy with lwd products. two barrels and glo sights
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48   #40
dudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae7v View Post
I heard today from what I would consider a reliable source that Lone Wolf Distributing aftermarket slides and barrels are made in China. Does anyone have any knowledge of this to actually be true? I'm hoping not but this stinks if it's true.

If it's important to you (or anyone else), then ask LW directly. If you don't get the answer you want, then don't buy. It's really that simple. I have several of their barrels, and have always found them to be a good value.

I see no deception with LW. There would be deception if they claimed American made and they were not. It's a global economy. Finding what you want, made where you want, may just end up costing more than you want to spend. There are clearly American made barrels (barsto), but you were shopping price, and ended up at LW. See how it works. If you feel so strongly about it, spend the extra coin for a bar-sto.

No need to try to paint a company like LW (that provides US jobs BTW) as a bad guy with innuendo and rumor in a public forum.

It makes you look like a troll.