SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2012, 00:43   #141
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
You are so right. You totally showed me.

You're a hero in your own basement my friend
Wasn't trying to show YOU anything more of exposing a mentality so newbs can see what happens when someone asks a few simple questions about your experience.

God knows I'm no hero neither, I've yet to own a Noveske in a niche caliber.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 00:52   #142
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Wasn't trying to show YOU anything more of exposing a mentality so newbs can see what happens when someone asks a few simple questions about your experience.

God knows I'm no hero neither, I've yet to own a Noveske in a niche caliber.
I am not Mr. Likeable on the internet. I could really care less what folks think as I don't owe anyone anything. If folks want to dig deeper then by all means I hope they do and make an informed decision.

I am not a salesman, though apparently to you I am ... how you so gracefully put it unimpressive "Gear Queer". And coming from someone like Surf or Masad... 12311, MrMurphy, DJ, or even maybe Hail Caesar, etc it would mean something. But from you, not so much.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20   #143
MD357

Quote:
I am not Mr. Likeable on the internet.
I'm not really interested if you believe yourself to be an internet rebel or not. It's just entertaining to point out how you can't provide any substance to what you say.

Quote:
I could really care less what folks think as I don't owe anyone anything. If folks want to dig deeper then by all means I hope they do and make an informed decision.
Ah, I think you're trying to say you COULDN'T care less what people think. Yet you want them to listen to you to make an informed decision.

Makes total sense.

What would someone have to gain by reading anything you've said? All you've done is given an OPINION on an AR you've yet to own or put through it's paces.

Last edited by MD357; 02-08-2012 at 01:21..
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22   #144
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
I'm not really interested if you believe yourself to be an internet rebel or not. It's just entertaining to point out how you can't provide any substance to what you say.

Ah, I think you're trying to say you COULDN'T care less what people think. Yet you want them to listen to you to make an informed decision.

Makes total sense.

What would someone have to gain by reading anything you've said? All you've done is given an OPINION on an AR you've yet to own or put through it's paces.
Naw I like the Gear Queer label you gave me better.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:46   #145
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Naw I like the Gear Queer label you gave me better.
Actually I was refering to a demographic so to speak.... however if you insist on the label it's definately something to look up to.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=gear%20queer

Cheers.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16   #146
USMCgs3

Repetitive...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
USMCgs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27   #147
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgs3 View Post
Repetitive...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Absolutely!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:41   #148
Simpleman71

I have an AR made by s&w and it has seen some abuse (rain, mud, snow, dropped on concrete) it took the abuse and still fires flawalessy since day 1. I have a ton of friends who shoot all different brands of AR. My experience has taught me they are all not very far from each other in quality. The only difference I see is in branding. Ever heard of paying for a name? Well, it applies to guns also. I would trust a $400 glock with my life over any over priced 1911. Not bashing 1911's because someday I will own one but it is definatley not necesaary to spend $1,500 on one and say it is the ONLY gun that will save your life. What it comes down to is paying what you feel is a fair price for the product you are looking for. You are not any better a shooter, commando, or any other gay tacticool name just because you spent more than anybody else on a particular weapon. Some of you sound like woman fighting over who has the nicest most expensive shoes. Get over yourselves and just shoot what you prefer. leave others out of it. By the way, I served 21 years in the military and carried a rifle in Iraq so I do have a little experience. I didn't post this to argue with anyone just expressing my opinion so for those of you who like to argue on the internet don't waste your time, I have better things to do.
Simpleman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:34   #149
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleman71 View Post
I have an AR made by s&w and it has seen some abuse (rain, mud, snow, dropped on concrete) it took the abuse and still fires flawalessy since day 1. I have a ton of friends who shoot all different brands of AR. My experience has taught me they are all not very far from each other in quality. The only difference I see is in branding. Ever heard of paying for a name? Well, it applies to guns also. I would trust a $400 glock with my life over any over priced 1911. Not bashing 1911's because someday I will own one but it is definatley not necesaary to spend $1,500 on one and say it is the ONLY gun that will save your life. What it comes down to is paying what you feel is a fair price for the product you are looking for. You are not any better a shooter, commando, or any other gay tacticool name just because you spent more than anybody else on a particular weapon. Some of you sound like woman fighting over who has the nicest most expensive shoes. Get over yourselves and just shoot what you prefer. leave others out of it. By the way, I served 21 years in the military and carried a rifle in Iraq so I do have a little experience. I didn't post this to argue with anyone just expressing my opinion so for those of you who like to argue on the internet don't waste your time, I have better things to do.
Very well stated! Great minds think alike.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 02-08-2012 at 10:34..
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03   #150
slickt0mmy

Ocean_glocker, wouldn't it have been nice if this thread was 148 responses of people congratulating you on your purchase and being happy that you found a rifle that fits your needs?
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:20   #151
esh325

What a **** storm this thread turned into. Buying lower priced firearms, some times you get lucky, some times you don't. I think buying the higher priced firearm leaves out problems that might occur in the long run. The firearm might cycle well in the short term, but will it break 2 years from now? Of course maybe if you don't shoot much or use the rifles in less then ideal conditions, you might never see the benefits of the higher quality weapon. I never owned a S&W AR15, so I can't speak of their quality. Would like to hear how the OP does with his.
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25   #152
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickt0mmy View Post
Ocean_glocker, wouldn't it have been nice if this thread was 148 responses of people congratulating you on your purchase and being happy that you found a rifle that fits your needs?
I'm happy for him...jealous actually. The sub $600 Sport still eludes me, but I will keep hunting. Someone will get one in stock eventually!
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:36   #153
Ruggles

Quote:
Hey now don't be dragging the 1911 into this fray
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37   #154
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh325 View Post
What a **** storm this thread turned into. Buying lower priced firearms, some times you get lucky, some times you don't. I think buying the higher priced firearm leaves out problems that might occur in the long run. The firearm might cycle well in the short term, but will it break 2 years from now? Of course maybe if you don't shoot much or use the rifles in less then ideal conditions, you might never see the benefits of the higher quality weapon. I never owned a S&W AR15, so I can't speak of their quality. Would like to hear how the OP does with his.
Yep took all of 5 post before the congrats turned to someone starting to insulting somebody else equipment
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56   #155
FriscoCHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
I'm happy for him...jealous actually. The sub $600 Sport still eludes me, but I will keep hunting. Someone will get one in stock eventually!
Me too... I just paid $650 for mine. I could use the extra 80 bucks for more ammo.

Just don't tell the zombies. I don't want them starting at my house because I have an inferior rifle that will fail me.
Old 02-08-2012, 13:45   #156
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoCHL View Post
Me too... I just paid $650 for mine. I could use the extra 80 bucks for more ammo.

Just don't tell the zombies. I don't want them starting at my house because I have an inferior rifle that will fail me.
Sounds like you found one at Academy? I haven't seen one in our area for less since the Cabela's opened up in Allen. Should have bought one during their grand opening sale, but at the time I thought it must be an inferior product at that price.

Saw a used one at the gun show over the weekend. Guy wanted $725 for it. He was insulted when I offered him $600.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 18:11   #157
supatrucka

I had a $1500 budget I was going to buy a S&W sport but I decided on a Windham ($899) just because I like what Mr. Dyke did by hiring most of his old employees back and I wanted to support the small and local guy. What ever works for you OP rock and roll
Ruger MK 2 slab
Couple AR's
supatrucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 19:03   #158
Simpleman71

Sorry about the 1911 bash, just trying to make a point. Fox trot, where were you in OIF 04-05? I was in Balad 05.
Simpleman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 19:25   #159
Ruggles

Quote:
Sorry about the 1911 bash, just trying to make a point. Fox trot, where were you in OIF 04-05? I was in Balad 05.
No offense taken I just thought the "mood" needed to be lighten in this thread. The 1911 is fair game
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30   #160
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
I was in Al Muthana province, Basrah, and Najaf. Returned home and retired in March 05

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 02-09-2012 at 08:35..