Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2012, 14:32   #1
GMAN12

Privi Partizen Brass?

Does anyone use this brass? Headstamp looks like ( nny) I'm using 10.4gr. Blue Dot, 180gr. FMJ-fp. in a Colt DE. I've just started reloading 10mm. I fired 2 rounds of this brass and it bulged enough that I was going to eliminate it from my other brass. Today I fired a few rounds and all of a sudden, got blasted in the face, the mag was bent, and the slide was jammed, got home and got mag out, got slide back and the case head fell out with the rest still in the barrel. Got gun & mag back in good shape and no injuries except my hemmroid got bigger. This is Privi Partizen brass. Any one else have a problem with this brass? Thanks
GMAN12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 16:20   #2
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Glad you weren't hurt...I have heard others say that the Privi Partizen ammo is crap, some said the brass was too! I hope you read your scale correctly...

BTW 10.4 grains has been a great load for me over the years.
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:12   #3
robert91922

nny is cyrilic (like russian letters) it means PPU - Prvi Partizan Uzice, the name of this factory from Serbia.
If you look at their factory data for 10mm ammo, you can see they stated velocities on weak .40SW side, so can't expect any need for quality brass if they load such sissy loads in it.
But, summa summarum, at least they don't lie about speed/power as some other brands do, their data about 10mm ammo is honest.
http://www.prvipartizan.com/pistol.php

On the other side, if you find PPU (nny) 9mm brass, keep it and reload it. It's very good and appreciated among reloaders here in my world.

Last edited by robert91922; 02-03-2012 at 14:20..
robert91922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:44   #4
GMAN12

robert, thanks for the tip on the 9mm brass, I'll keep it in mind. I don't see much PPU brass around these parts. I am new to the 10mm, have only fired about 150rds, 100 were my reloads, have not had a problem with any other brass, but this scared the POOP out of me. I have sorted about 1600 pcs. of my brass 2 times to get rid of this stuff.
GMAN12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 16:27   #5
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Not what to see. Glad you weren't hurt.

Purchasing 1000 rounds of new brass from Starline is a great investment for peace of mind. Good brass. No issues at all.

$147 delivered:

http://www.starlinebrass.com/index.p...1c5a45d1503ab1

Last edited by Taterhead; 02-05-2012 at 16:27..
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 16:41   #6
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Only have experience with Privi brass or ammo is in 5.56 and it is very well constructed and ammo is very well made (one of my favorite to be honest).

Not happy to see their pistol cartridges do not fare the same as their military quality 5.56 ammo does.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:17   #7
ejs54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Only have experience with Privi brass or ammo is in 5.56 and it is very well constructed and ammo is very well made (one of my favorite to be honest).

Not happy to see their pistol cartridges do not fare the same as their military quality 5.56 ammo does.
I think there is more recent talk of PPU brass in another thread, but, I have had great luck with PPU in the 7.62x39 as well as 300Win Mag.

Actually, the PPU 300 is outlasting the Winchester brass almost every time.

I cannot speak for 10mm or other calibers. I do have a box of 50 in 10mm and will see how that loads. I've only spent about 5 or 6 rounds. Was not impressed with the loads. I think the 40s had more kick!
, 45ACP, 300 Win Mag, .223/5.56
ejs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 17:08   #8
palabman

I picked up a couple of boxes of Privi from Grafs when I first bought my G20. I've shot 60 out of the 100 and they were loaded light. I actually had one case body rupture and found that the ruptured side was very thin. I did a thorough check on the remaining brass and have found no others so far.
palabman is offline   Reply With Quote