Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2012, 00:01   #21
arushus
Biggest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTygart View Post
How about .38 special?
He said "the only rounds that Glock uses"...
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18   #22
bustedknee
Curmudgeon

Do You think maybe people kept sending them back because they did not feed 100%?

And now they do?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:48   #23
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknee View Post
Do You think maybe people kept sending them back because they did not feed 100%?

And now they do?
Highly unlikely.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:05   #24
rcd567

I was lucky. I got one a couple months back and it's a keeper. Must have been old stock?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20   #25
arushus
Biggest Member

The support on my stock length lwd barrel has been perfect. Ive been having feeding issues though. It started out jamming every third or fourth round, it seems to be getting better though the more I shoot it. A few days ago I ran 150 rounds through it with only two to three jams!
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:23   #26
ModGlock17

I am one among many who are unhappy with LWD 10mm barrel and its "fully supported" chamber. I posted pics awhile back showing the feed ramp coverage/gap was as large as the stock barrel. In addition to that, it had annoying feed failures. Got a KKM. Very happy since then. The only problem now is the cost of ammo.

Tip: go to auto parts store and get a small jar of blue paste metal polish. Take out all machining lines with 400grit sand paper, then use the polish with a small rag a couple of times. Final finish should be like a mirror shine, around the outside and feed ramp. Treat it with Frog Lube.

Everything should move a lot better!

I repolished all trigger components including firing pin, all to a mirror shine with this blue paste. Then warm them up (hair dryer) and put Frog Lube on them. Man! Trigger pull is like butter, now. No gritty feel at all.

Outdoor Hub mobile

Last edited by ModGlock17; 01-25-2012 at 09:33..
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01   #27
10 fan
10 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
I am one among many who are unhappy with LWD 10mm barrel and its "fully supported" chamber. I posted pics awhile back showing the feed ramp coverage/gap was as large as the stock barrel. In addition to that, it had annoying feed failures. Got a KKM. Very happy since then. The only problem now is the cost of ammo.

Tip: go to auto parts store and get a small jar of blue paste metal polish. Take out all machining lines with 400grit sand paper, then use the polish with a small rag a couple of times. Final finish should be like a mirror shine, around the outside and feed ramp. Treat it with Frog Lube.

Everything should move a lot better!

I repolished all trigger components including firing pin, all to a mirror shine with this blue paste. Then warm them up (hair dryer) and put Frog Lube on them. Man! Trigger pull is like butter, now. No gritty feel at all.

Outdoor Hub mobile
I was going to to polish my trigger components also. I took a glock armorer course at FrontSight and was told the parts are hardened and chromed and would feel better for a short time then be worse than befor you started. I would appreciate an update after you have some rounds thru it.
10 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 14:51   #28
gator378
Gator378

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponders View Post
thanks for the info, i thought glocks barrels could handle warmer loads, as in +p and +p+ already?

Glock barrels can not handle hot loads in 10. I will not have a Glock barrel in my Glock 20 after I went through 2 of their barrels. I am even thinking of swamping out the 45 barrel out of the 21.
Old 01-25-2012, 16:25   #29
ModGlock17

Here is another thread with pictures showing serious quality on a particular barrel from them.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1397043

Some missing quality control.
Old 01-25-2012, 16:46   #30
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 fan View Post
I was going to to polish my trigger components also. I took a glock armorer course at FrontSight and was told the parts are hardened and chromed and would feel better for a short time then be worse than befor you started. I would appreciate an update after you have some rounds thru it.
The hardening process they use does rough up the surface, albeit harder. It is harder but doesn't slide as well. Here, you make the choice.

They are right if you leave the rough edge of one piece to scrape the other. What if you soften the edges? I do polish the edges. Add to that lubrication, and it will go a long while.

Is it better to have a gun that you feel good using it so you'd use it more or a rough one that lasts a long time without tinkering but collects more dust? Personal choice.
Old 01-25-2012, 18:50   #31
gofastman

Quote:
Glock barrels can not handle hot loads in 10. I will not have a Glock barrel in my Glock 20 after I went through 2 of their barrels. I am even thinking of swamping out the 45 barrel out of the 21.
You blew up 2 barrels?!?
Old 01-26-2012, 00:15   #32
Ethereal Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
You blew up 2 barrels?!?
that is what we call a "clue"
Ethereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15   #33
gwsanfor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Killer View Post
that is what we call a "clue"
Actually, that is the Clue Train heading towards you in a tunnel. I hear that lonesome whistle.

Gator, you been talking to Clark?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

gwsanfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30   #34
Black Smoke Trail

I have been waiting for a Lonewolf 10mm Glock 20 barrel since November 27th of last year. They are not forecast to be ready to ship until sometime "in the next couple of weeks", so I am told.

The last Lonewolf 10mm barrel I ordered was the extended 10mm dual ported barrel Item: LWD-2010P2.

It appeared to be of a good quality workmanship but would not cycle ANY ammunition and would jam on each and EVERY round attempted to load regardless of the brand of ammunition.

I suspect that LW makes the barrel ramp and chamber mouth this way to provide the utmost chamber support for the cartridge as possible. The problem & HUGE drawback is that a 100% supporting chamber will not cycle ammunition. LW machines & polishes the ramp and chamber mouth as little as possible but just enough so the barrel will cycle ammo reliably. This is a very fine line and sometimes a barrel just does get quite enough polishing/machining. Better too little and have it reworked than too much and loose MUCH needed chamber support.

I sent the barrel back and their armorer polished and modified the ramp and it cycles reliably.

I was tremendously unimpressed with the accuracy of this barrel compared to the OEM Glock barrel. I think it is a matter of adjusting to a noticably different point of impact given the same aim picture compared to the OEM Glock barrel. The ported barrel did not provde any noticable difference in muzzle flip or recoil that I could tell. The extended port barrel is not IWB holster carry friendly either but that is not LW's fault.

I ordered the stock length barrel to better work with my IWB concealed carry holster and am approaching having waited for it for 2 months. I understand that metal stock suppliers, production, and any after tooling treatment may sometimes cause backlogs........but 2 months is a bit much.

When I get the barrel and test it, I will post my review.
Old 01-26-2012, 19:28   #35
G29SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
I won't bother rehashing my thoughts, however this ^^^ post shows my experience with LWD barrels (just one actually) perfectly. I was so "unimpressed" that I sent it back without even putting it in my slide.

(I acually had other KKM barrels and was hesitant on buying the LWD barrel because I already KNEW the high quality of the KKM, however I was convinced due to specific circumstances. Turns out the KKM was better in all respects. I do have a couple of LWD barrels though for the 9x25 Dillon round.)

Full disclosure: I have ordered other parts from Lone Wolf and their service is outstanding. I was just unhappy with the barrel.
G32 Gen4
G29SF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 21:26   #36
Ethereal Killer

got off the phone with them yesterday. slides are still a couple weeks out at least they are waiting for the machine shop to get it's stuff in gear.

asked about the barrels and possible changes. not much help but she was gonna ask about it. she said that glock has changed barrel dimensions over time but she was not sure what or if they had been doing any tweaking. so No help there yet.

As usual they have been nothing if not polite to me and done everything I would expect from them so far, without complaint.
Old 02-03-2012, 13:50   #37
dc2

EKiller,
I recently spoke with Lone Wolf customer service because I was very unhappy with their "fully supported" chamber. The service rep. told my that specs on the Lone Wolf barrel would be very close to the Glock barrel. He also told me that as of July 2010, Lone Wolf stopped production and re-designed their barrels in order to provide more chamber support. My barrel was of the "old design" and thus less supported. I asked for a newly designed barrel to replace mine. He declined to do so stating that I would have to return it from the local gun shop I purchased it from. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with Lone Wolf products. Even though I purchased the barrel from a local shop, it doesn't seem to me it would put Lone Wolf out too much to exchange my barrel for a newer design.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 14:16   #38
mpatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2 View Post
EKiller,
I recently spoke with Lone Wolf customer service because I was very unhappy with their "fully supported" chamber. The service rep. told my that specs on the Lone Wolf barrel would be very close to the Glock barrel. He also told me that as of July 2010, Lone Wolf stopped production and re-designed their barrels in order to provide more chamber support. My barrel was of the "old design" and thus less supported. I asked for a newly designed barrel to replace mine. He declined to do so stating that I would have to return it from the local gun shop I purchased it from. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with Lone Wolf products. Even though I purchased the barrel from a local shop, it doesn't seem to me it would put Lone Wolf out too much to exchange my barrel for a newer design.
I shipped my barrel back with a note and a picture of the way the barrels used to be and asked for a replacement or a refund. I will update this thread once I hear something.
mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 13:39   #39
Black Smoke Trail

I ordered my barrel last November. It just arrived today after waiting for WELL over 2 months.

Upon first inspection, I had SERIOUS doubts about whether this barrel would properly cycle cartridges due to the extremely sharp edges around the mouth of the chamber.

I also noted that the feed ramp at the chamber mouth had been HOGGED out FAR beyond what it should have been and provided no more chamber support than the Glock OEM barrel.

The barrel had some substance on it that I had to clean off prior to installing in my G20 and as I suspected, this barrel had an IMMEDIATE failure to feed that was approximately a 70% failure to feed rate of the entire 15 round magazine.

I reinstalled the Glock OEM barrel and it functioned flawlessly.

I realize that not every barrel will be perfect and as a customer I should and am very willing to work with Lonewolf on the OCCASIONAL problem. Sadly, this has NOT been the case. EACH and EVERY ONE of the 3 barrels I have ordered from Lonewolf have been defective in some form or fashion and either required them to be returned for modification or modification by me.

I am pretty certain this will be my LAST Lonewolf barrel or other product as I was extremely unimpressed with the quality, fit, and workmanship of the extended slide stop and pins that I wasted my money on as well.

Lonewolf's 20% restocking fee is yet another reason to go with a barrel maker who is customer and quality & workmanship oriented.

I don't think it is too much to ask and expect that a product live up to the manufacturer's claims and properly function the FIRST TIME.

I recommend that you DO NOT wait to fully test the function of these barrels and assume they will function properly ESPECIALY if you use one of these barrels in your carry firearm. When you need it MOST and your LIFE may depend upon it........that is NOT the time to find out that the barrel will not function and feed properly.

I will be returning this barrel. I tried to call Lonewolf but now they are moving their business and not taking any calls. As soon as I contact them, I will post my results and experience with returning this barrel.
Old 02-10-2012, 17:06   #40
Ethereal Killer

well I got some clarification myself yesterday. My entire slide went back and was slated for replacement.

According to the call yesterday I have gathered that they are having problems with the the quality of product coming from the machine shop they use. dont know if its the shop of the drawings or what.

However they have NO idea when they will be able to put out a decent 20 slide so they refunded all my money for the slide.

I have asked about the barrels but in spite of three or four requests to two or three different people I have no gotten an answer from them at all. I have a funny feeling that the machining is a source of problems for them right now. hopefully they will sort it out. Soon.