Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:09   #1
ak10mm

so-lube and cleaner

got some mpro7 lube and hoppes solvent fer cleanin,any thoughts or better suggestions for either? and aint so sure about oilin the rear of frame,looked at dif vids and manual but still kinda vague on that. some folks need better cameras on utube dang,get a nikon~hope I can shoot this 20 as good as I shoot film,hah!
ak10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14   #2
ryangt

Hobbes gets great reviews. Never personally used them. But they are glocks, you could clean them with simple green and oil them with motor oil (and some do).

Yes you should oil the trigger bar. If the slide is off the gun. Look at where the trigger moves. Move it foward then back. Its that bar that is on the very back, on the side of the top metal part of the part you see if a youtube video. If that made sense.

I personally use frog lube and love it.
ryangt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 17:01   #3
arushus
Biggest Member

I use ballistol. If the fouling is really bad Ill soak the barrel in a nitro solvent. Right now Im using outer's.
Spike's Tactical Enhanced CHF 16" Mid-Length M4
These Red Letters Help me find my post!!!
arushus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 18:02   #4
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

I use a small amount of Hoppes #9 on a patch wrapped around a bore brush, stroke the bore a few times to wet the inside. The debris and carbon collects on the patch.

Clean out with a fresh patch wrapped to dry out. Then with another clean patch, I place two or three drops of Rem-Oil to lube the bore, then take that patch and wipe the outer metal surfaces of the barrel, recoil rod and spring. They wipe to remove any excess which helps dirt and dust from accumilating. Tiny bit of oil on the metal rails, that's it unless I do a striker channel cleaning,that gets a Q-Tip dusting and some air pressure at times.
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 17:25   #5
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

See what works for you. Friend had Miltec for his .45. Works great metal on metal. Metal on plastic, not so much, when I tried it on my G23. Rem Oil didn't work for me either (label claims same original formula, but has teflon in it which was more recently invented. I'm confused). Currently using Hoppes solvent and oil. Working well for me. Can't wait to use them up so I can try something else (I think Mobil 1 is next). Hope this helps. Not sure how, but hope it helps.