Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2012, 19:53   #41
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailhunter View Post
In all honesty the folder is cool looking but if you want a great repeatable cheek weld then go with the Vltor milspec adapter and a Magpul ACS-L butt stock. The Midwest industries is a great rail system. I personally don't like a front PG but do love the magpul afg. Look into the US palm for the rear PG. They are sweet. The rest is up to you.

Now let's see some pics.
I agree about the cheek weld. That's why I'm getting a riser for the stock. I don't care for the Magpul stocks nor the M4 style stocks in general.

http://riflestocks.com/store/product4.html

I had a afg on my Colt 6940. I took it off after the first range session. I didn't like it. It was better while shooting prone over the TG grip though. It didn't get in the way as bad. I went back to the Tango Down grip. I haven't been too big on the Magpul stuff. It;s all good quality and all. I guess I'm just old school. I do like the idea of the US palm though. I may just do that.

Old 02-20-2012, 17:56   #42
zzdroptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailhunter View Post
Mod that baby and run it till it screams ....

LOL....I see whats going on here
zzdroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 19:12   #43
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdroptop View Post
Old 02-20-2012, 20:01   #44
Tailhunter
Glockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdroptop View Post
You're good ....

I am not a sheep . . . I am neither weak nor afraid. If you try to harm me the consequences of those actions rest solely on your shoulders. -TH
NEVER get involved, hide and shake or piss and run. -Gen. Consensus
Tailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36   #45
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Well, I had second thoughts about my first configuration and decided to go with the Ironwood stock set. I just don't know what wood and stain I want though. I do like the look of wood on the AK's.

Now I just have to decide.....

Oh well, more to think about.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:25   #46
Tailhunter
Glockman

I realize that Ironwood is the easiest way to gain compliance points but for about the same or a little less you can have chinese OEM.

I am not a sheep . . . I am neither weak nor afraid. If you try to harm me the consequences of those actions rest solely on your shoulders. -TH
NEVER get involved, hide and shake or piss and run. -Gen. Consensus
Tailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26   #47
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Well, It's done. I'll post a picture when I get a chance to. I ended up going with a synthetic stock set from Arsenal/Brownells.

I installed a Tapco trigger, a Hogue rubber grip, single point sling adapter from Echo nine three, and a BlackHawk single point sling. I threaded the muzzle and installed the Tallon brake from Go Gun. It works very well by the way!

It's nothing fancy but it shoots fairly well for what it is. 4" at 100 yards is about average. Everything is on the paper at 200 yards and no malfunctions so far. (The target being used is a standard OPOTA qualification target.) I've put exactly 600 rounds down range so far.

This Norinco is a keeper!

Old 06-26-2012, 03:12   #48
ftw13

keep the MAK OEM and get an SGL21 to tac out

Man i would love to pocket carry a 50AE. The recoil will probably be like Will Smith's pocket gun in Men In Black
ftw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 18:44   #49
zeme05

I paid $550 for this one delivered, and yes I used to sell the MAK 90 for $179 back in 1995.
Before:
The Kalashnikov Klub

After:
The Kalashnikov Klub
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 19:03   #50
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeme05 View Post
I paid $550 for this one delivered, and yes I used to sell the MAK 90 for $179 back in 1995.
Before:
The Kalashnikov Klub

After:
The Kalashnikov Klub
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19   #51
mac66
Plant the seed

Interesting how perspective changes over the years. I bought a MAK90 in 1993 and it seemed pretty much a piece of junk compared to the Hungarian one I bought. Ok, not junk but let's face it, AKs are fairly crude. On the other hand it certainly was much nicer and better quality than the SAR1 (Romanian) I bought later. The Hungarian folder was sold off during the AWB for big bucks and the MAK was converted and remains in my safe. Pretty much the basic AK. The SAR1 is still kicking and is pretty much the beater rifle.

I bought a Saiga 7.62x39 cheap in '01. It is what the Arsenal is built on and is probably the best of what you can get these days. If you are going to mod it out anyway, may as well start with the Saiga in the first place.

Buy hey, if a MAK is considered the top of the line these days then ya done good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 15:55   #52
adamg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
Interesting how perspective changes over the years. I bought a MAK90 in 1993 and it seemed pretty much a piece of junk compared to the Hungarian one I bought. Ok, not junk but let's face it, AKs are fairly crude. On the other hand it certainly was much nicer and better quality than the SAR1 (Romanian) I bought later. The Hungarian folder was sold off during the AWB for big bucks and the MAK was converted and remains in my safe. Pretty much the basic AK. The SAR1 is still kicking and is pretty much the beater rifle.

I bought a Saiga 7.62x39 cheap in '01. It is what the Arsenal is built on and is probably the best of what you can get these days. If you are going to mod it out anyway, may as well start with the Saiga in the first place.

Buy hey, if a MAK is considered the top of the line these days then ya done good!
I bet you wish you would of kept the Hungarian. They are probably the highest quality stamped prebans. Chicoms are very nice and well built rifles but I don't think they are near the best.
adamg01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 13:19   #53
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Well, the guy that I was orginally talking to came through with the Mac-90 after all! He sold me the gun (it's mint) and five 30 round steel mags for $500!

I'm picking the gun up in the morning. So, all I have to add are the parts for 922r, the ACE folding stock with the internal receiver block (I do have to chop the rear tang for installation), Hogue pistol grip, Midwest Industries aluminum railed hand guard, Krebs custom offset front pistol grip mount/tango down vertical grip combo, Surefire G2 LED light and mount, Blackhawk sling, Rear sight from Tech Sight, Krebs oversize selector lever, Krebs trigger pin retaining plate and the AK-47 Battle Comp.

That will be my combo! What do you think?

One thing to remember about the Norinco guns is that most do not like the European mags.

I have a Pre-Ban ( not Clinton's but Big George's AWB of '89) Norinco AK-47 underfolder and a Norinco SKS that takes AK mags and neither one likes the euro mags.

Congrats on the MAK-90. They are a lot better quality than the imported parts guns.
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 00:55   #54
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

my mac 90 is a great gun, but the milled rcvr is a pain in the butt to find after market stocks and such to change out.....

im going to one day get a forestock that displaces heat and toss the wood which gets too hot to hold.

ive toyed with the idea of getting a 20 round chinese star stamped fixed mag for my yugo sks, but ive always put it off....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 07-07-2012 at 00:56..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:42   #55
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
my mac 90 is a great gun, but the milled rcvr is a pain in the butt to find after market stocks and such to change out.....
www.ironwooddesigns.com

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/IWDNEWAKMM_2.html

Last edited by Glockdude1; 07-07-2012 at 08:44..
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:43   #56
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Glockdude1, i didnt see collapsible or folding nylon stocks and picanny rail forestocks on there. what did i miss?

Old 07-07-2012, 13:06   #57
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
Glockdude1, i didnt see collapsible or folding nylon stocks and picanny rail forestocks on there. what did i miss?
Sorry about that.

I was thinking about wood replacement.

Find what you want for a milled Mak-90, will be next to impossible. The rear receiver has a round hole and has the "reverse cut" on the lower end of the receiver.

The "straight cut" stamped receivers are much easier to put different stocks on.

Old 07-07-2012, 15:46   #58
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Sorry about that.

I was thinking about wood replacement.

Find what you want for a milled Mak-90, will be next to impossible. The rear receiver has a round hole and has the "reverse cut" on the lower end of the receiver.

The "straight cut" stamped receivers are much easier to put different stocks on.

so im finding out. im probably going to have to keep my thumb hole wood stock but im going to eventually get a picatinny nylon forestock to save my hand from the buring hot front end and give me flashlight/scope/laser options.

Old 07-07-2012, 16:12   #59
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

The Kalashnikov Klub

You don't have to keep the thumbhole stock.

This is my milled Mak 90 with a 4 piece Black Walnut Ironwood designs stock set.

In case you change your mind on the new wood set.

Old 07-08-2012, 21:07   #60
FireForged
Millenium #3936

MAK 90s are one of the best examples of the AK vairant rifle. They were 399.00 plus tax "new" the 90's and considering that my $400 pistols from the 90's are now 799.00...I say $600 isnt a terrible deal for that rifle. Honestly, I would pay $600 for a NIB MAK if I were looking for a AK. (in a heartbeat)