GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 13:24   #26
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,701
If.... and I said IF Paul dropped out, who would his supporters vote for in the primary.... Yeah, I know he is not going to BUT IF HE DID?

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 13:36   #27
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
If.... and I said IF Paul dropped out, who would his supporters vote for in the primary.... Yeah, I know he is not going to BUT IF HE DID?

Doc44
My sense of it is that very few will vote for the GOP nominee. One subset will likely not vote, another will likely vote for the Libertarian candidate, and another will likely write-in RP.
__________________
www.barbedwiresmile.wordpress.com

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 13:45   #28
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
So the government comes up with mandated health care and thats overstepping?
Yes, that's overstepping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
Taxes are too high? That's the government.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
Draconian gun laws? Yep, government.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
Sticking their nose in other country's business half way around the world? The Uss New Jersey bombing residential housing in Beirut?
The USS NJ was not destroying residential housing. It was retaliating against the thugs that murdered almost 300 US Marines who were there on a peacekeeping mission. This "blame the victim" mentality of you Bots is beyond the pale, and frankly cowardly and unamerican.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post

NO, IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S FAULT PEOPLE HATE US AND TO SAY SO IS TO BE PUT IN THE SAME CAMP AS BIN LADEN. WE CAN KILL WHOEVER THE **** WE WANT AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE ON THE SIDE OF THE TERRORISTS!!
Just distort things to support your story, as usual.

We don't kill "whoever we want" we kill scumbags that try to kill us. The usual intellectual dishonesty, cart before the horse.
G29Reload is online now  
Old 01-17-2012, 13:50   #29
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
My sense of it is that very few will vote for the GOP nominee. One subset will likely not vote, another will likely vote for the Libertarian candidate, and another will likely write-in RP.
So if Paul's supporters probably will not support any other GOP candidate why is he allowed to run in the GOP primary and be a distracting Uncle Fred that you keep in the basement when company comes over. If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all. I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 13:51   #30
22rtf2
Peaceful
 
22rtf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 20 mins from Smyrna
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
The USS NJ was not destroying residential housing. It was retaliating against the thugs that murdered almost 300 US Marines who were there on a peacekeeping mission. This "blame the victim" mentality of you Bots is beyond the pale, and frankly cowardly and unamerican.




Just distort things to support your story, as usual.

We don't kill "whoever we want" we kill scumbags that try to kill us. The usual intellectual dishonesty, cart before the horse.
Bot? Who am I a bot for? I'm not voting for any of these pathetic wastes of life. I do fine on my own, I don't need a king to rule over me.

And why were those Marines in Beirut in the first place? You don't send killing machines on a peace keeping mission. You get involved in somebody elses Civil War and you tend to take casualties. And those Marines suffered for something that you seem to support.

I believe Reagan called that the biggest mistake of his presidency. Why? He didn't understand "Blowback". Did you miss that last part?
__________________
Gen 2 Glock 19 (06/1989 Austrian Proof), Gen 3 Glock 19 (02/2009 Austrian Proof)

Last edited by 22rtf2; 01-17-2012 at 14:08..
22rtf2 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 13:59   #31
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle
 
Goaltender66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Under the cultural penumbra of DC
Posts: 14,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
So if Paul's supporters probably will not support any other GOP candidate why is he allowed to run in the GOP primary and be a distracting Uncle Fred that you keep in the basement when company comes over. If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all. I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
He already quit the GOP once. No one noticed.

I'm all in favor of closed non-caucus primaries just to put an end to shenanigans.
__________________
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 14:02   #32
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed
 
barbedwiresmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Our side of the barbed wire"
Posts: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
So if Paul's supporters probably will not support any other GOP candidate why is he allowed to run in the GOP primary and be a distracting Uncle Fred that you keep in the basement when company comes over. If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all. I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
Easy, Doc. I was simply answering your previous questions. I imagine the reason he is "allowed" to run as a GOP candidate is that he is a sitting GOP Congressman. I remind you, however, that I have never pretended RP was anything but a libertarian and bears nothing in common with today's GOP.
__________________
www.barbedwiresmile.wordpress.com

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike." - Bastiat
barbedwiresmile is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 14:19   #33
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
If.... and I said IF Paul dropped out, who would his supporters vote for in the primary.... Yeah, I know he is not going to BUT IF HE DID?

Doc44
If and if.... Mitt, Newt, Perry, Rick have dropped out. Ron Paul is the only candidate for the Republican party and who will you vote for?

Last edited by Glock30Eric; 01-17-2012 at 14:20..
Glock30Eric is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 14:26   #34
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
If and if.... Mitt, Newt, Perry, Rick have dropped out. Ron Paul is the only candidate for the Republican party and who will you vote for?
Which is more dangerous for the US; four years of lame duck obama or four years of Paul. Would probably go with Paul because of supreme court appointments and commie czars.

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 15:25   #35
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,092


Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Which is more dangerous for the US; four years of lame duck obama or four years of Paul. Would probably go with Paul because of supreme court appointments and commie czars.

Doc44
I'd go for Paul over Barry without reservation. All of the Republican candidates are miles better than Barry, if you actually think about it.
Cavalry Doc is online now  
Old 01-17-2012, 15:53   #36
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle
 
Goaltender66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Under the cultural penumbra of DC
Posts: 14,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'd go for Paul over Barry without reservation. All of the Republican candidates are miles better than Barry, if you actually think about it.
You're more generous than I, Doc. I'd vote for the guy who was OK with sending the SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in the head.
__________________
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 16:20   #37
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,092


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
You're more generous than I, Doc. I'd vote for the guy who was OK with sending the SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in the head.
Barry was a peacenik too, before he got THE BRIEF.

When you find out what is really going on, you're kind of stuck at that point. It is a constitutional responsibility.

Ron comes in third to last in the pack for me.
Cavalry Doc is online now  
Old 01-17-2012, 19:43   #38
DOC44
Senior Member
 
DOC44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 10,701
obama had no idea what was going on unitl the safety said, "click".

Doc44
__________________
Have Gun Will Travel
DOC44 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 22:19   #39
Feanor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
But is there anybody who is as republican as you? You seem to be kind of like the jesus of republicans.
Feanor is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 22:21   #40
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Have you been paying any attention to the contests so far and the polling data? He's done better at the polls than the "electable" candidates and gets more money than they do too. You're making stuff up dude.

Now if you're suggesting that the only basis of the unelectable mantra is simply because the GOP elite don't want him then that's a different issue entirely and isn't based on electability but rather acceptability to the elite. The polling data suggests that the People think he is electable.
JB never listens to anything. He lives in his own reality as evidenced by every single on of his posts..
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:49   #41
Gundude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 6,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
The "we deserved 9/11" is straight out of bin Laden's playbook.
In the playbook, is that before or after the play where we invade a country where bin Laden isn't, invade another country where he never was, give billions of dollars to the country where he is, and then publicly state that we really don't care where he is anymore, while continuing to kill civilians in those other countries and apologizing for killing civilians in those countries at the same time?

The only politician who seems to have done something not out of bin Laden's playbook is Obama.

Last edited by Gundude; 01-18-2012 at 01:50..
Gundude is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 05:44   #42
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,092


Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
But is there anybody who is as republican as you? You seem to be kind of like the jesus of republicans.
But he's right and Ron Paul has said so. The last time he went with his heart and became a libertarian, caused him to have a long break in federal paychecks.

He's a republican because that is the only chance he has of being elected to anything.
Cavalry Doc is online now  
Old 01-20-2012, 14:32   #43
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
So if Paul's supporters probably will not support any other GOP candidate why is he allowed to run in the GOP primary and be a distracting Uncle Fred that you keep in the basement when company comes over.
Because we only want conservatives in the WH, not proven crooks and flip flopping RINOs. Rah-rah go team! Sorry that doesn't work for most of Paul's core supporters.

Quote:
If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all.
You should ask Ronald Reagan.
http://reason.com/archives/1975/07/0...-ronald-reagan

"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." - Reagan Reason Magazine 1975'

Reagan had it right. The bastardized "conservatism" that you espouse is actually mostly liberal policies wrapped up in the flag, carrying a cross.

Quote:
I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
Sure there's some of that but it's because the media sure isn't helping nor playing fair when it comes to candidates and their coverage. What's funny though is when I read thoughts of people like you that call yourself conservative but then your thoughts ooze collectivism and groupthink, the hallmarks of liberal thinking. See my comment about liberal policies above. Yep, there is a very rebellious streak in the core supporter group. Would the Founders have a problem with that?
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 01-20-2012 at 14:35..
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 14:57   #44
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,092


Some facts.


Quote:
THE FACTS

Paul has little room to criticize politicians for changing their party affiliations. He campaigned for president as a Libertarian in 1988, after running for office seven times as a Republican and serving as a GOP member of the U.S. House for more than six years at that point.

So why didn’t he vie for the Republican nomination? Because he’d renounced the party — along with Reagan’s presidential policies — a few years earlier, resigning from the GOP and forgoing a bid for reelection to Congress.

Paul supported Reagan once in 1976, when the former California governor ran against Gerald Ford for the Republican nomination. But he appears to have fallen out of love with the party’s hero during year one of his administration.


Reagan may have liked Paul, but Paul did not like Reagan.

Quote:
Paul continued disparaging Reagan throughout the 1988 nominating process, telling the L.A. Times at one point that he wanted to “totally disassociate” himself with the two-term president.

So, if you really liked Reagan, maybe you should pass on Paul.

Libertarianism is about 1/3 liberal, and 2/3 conservative, but it is not conservative.
Cavalry Doc is online now  
Old 01-20-2012, 15:38   #45
aspartz
Senior Member
 
aspartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sandstone, MN 55072
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
. If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all. I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
The Perry, Bachmann and Santorum should be running under the Constitution party banner. That is the REAL party of God.

ARS
__________________
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross." - Unknown
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force" - George Washington
aspartz is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 15:52   #46
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?
 
Javelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N. Dallas
Posts: 14,638


The Republican party has become infested with progressives and moderates. They left the conservatives that made the party so it is not anyone's fault but these 'posers' that are trying to be elected under the Republican stamp. I would not consider it amazing that many of us are not wanting to follow along blindly just because they put an elephant logo behind their name. And for good reason - we have been betrayed too many times by too many of these 'poser Republicans'.

Sorry to high-jack this thread but it's true. The current Republican candidates are garbage and Ron Paul is the only one up there with any conservative values - which is so unfortunate I am not sure how to put it into words.
__________________
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.

Last edited by Javelin; 01-20-2012 at 15:54..
Javelin is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 18:57   #47
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Assuming it's obvious to all that the quoted post is irrevelent to the content I posted about Reagan's quote about libertarianism, Ill respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Some facts.
Do you have some problem with posting links to your sources? I see you quote a lot of things without pointing out where it comes from.

Paul campaigned for Reagan and was one of only 4 Congressman to endorse Reagan.

Quote:
Reagan may have liked Paul, but Paul did not like Reagan.
He did not like Reagan's policies when Reagan proceeded to jack up the debt, involve the country in foreign affairs of other nations, and other policies that Reagan campaigned against.

Quote:
So, if you really liked Reagan, maybe you should pass on Paul.
Or maybe you can recognize that Reagan wasn't as good as a president as the history books like to paint him. Reagan abandoned conservative principles many times during his terms and if there's one thing we know about Paul it's that he sticks to his principles no matter what.

Besides, you don't usually get invited to fly on Marine One with the President when you're not very friendly with him.


Quote:
Libertarianism is about 1/3 liberal, and 2/3 conservative, but it is not conservative.
So you call Reagan a liar and that's supposed to be your argument? Today's conservatism is 95% liberal and 5% conservative. Big government? Check. Big spending? Check. Big interventionist foreign policy? Check. Welfare state? Check. The only thing the right can lay claim to is religion (aka social issues) and that's why the party is shrinking. But heck, even those principles go out the window as long as the nominee might beat that evil Democrat, who happens to have most of the same policies as the guy you're cheering for. (see Gingrich, Newt poll numbers in SC for examples of abandoning even the social issues)
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 01-20-2012 at 19:04..
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 19:30   #48
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
You're more generous than I, Doc. I'd vote for the guy who was OK with sending the SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in the head.

Yeah, that was a real hard call.

Who WOULDN'T have done that?

Not saying much.
G29Reload is online now  
Old 01-20-2012, 19:32   #49
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
The only politician who seems to have done something not out of bin Laden's playbook is Obama.
And GWB, who's gitmo policies gave BHO the info to make the SEAL operation possible. And without which it wouldnt have happened.
G29Reload is online now  
Old 01-20-2012, 20:42   #50
TrybalRage
Rule of wrist..
 
TrybalRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
You're more generous than I, Doc. I'd vote for the guy who was OK with sending the SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in the head.
From the get-go Paul advocated a small tactical group taking Bin Laden out... kind of like the one that got him.

TrybalRage is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:33.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,398
448 Members
950 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42