Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 12:40   #21
aspartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Ron Paul lacks not only enough supporters and money, but he also lacks the
backing of the "leaders" of the republican party. They won't allow the election
of a man who'll fix everything they've spent the last 30 years destroying.

He is un-electable!
I fixed it for you.

ARS
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43   #22
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
I'm on a sabbatical from my sabbatical. How've you been?
It's been entertaining around here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45   #23
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

He sounded like a cranky old kook with an axe to grind against Washington DC.
Whyever would one have an axe to grind against Washington D.C.?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 01-17-2012, 13:03   #24
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

I have tried my damnedest to like this guy and every time I think I'm on the cusp of some epiphany about him,he goes and says something untenable and stupid regarding foreign policy.

The "we deserved 9/11" is straight out of bin Laden's playbook.

The "stop bombing other countries and they'll leave us alone" crap is beyond naive.

The boos in the audience in SC last night were telling. The right thing to do with our enemies is KILL THEM. Enough with apologizing to filthy, degenerate foreigners. Stop your terrorism, searching for nukes to expand your dogmatic hegemony and extermination of anything not radical mooseslime and we'll stop killing you and not before.

If we would stop trying to fight wars in stupid, politically correct ways they wouldnt take nearly as long, and they'd be a lot more effective. After WWII, we had put the fear of God in people into all but a few of our enemies. We need to get back to that.
Old 01-17-2012, 14:13   #25
22rtf2
Peaceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I have tried my damnedest to like this guy and every time I think I'm on the cusp of some epiphany about him,he goes and says something untenable and stupid regarding foreign policy.

The "we deserved 9/11" is straight out of bin Laden's playbook.

The "stop bombing other countries and they'll leave us alone" crap is beyond naive.

The boos in the audience in SC last night were telling. The right thing to do with our enemies is KILL THEM. Enough with apologizing to filthy, degenerate foreigners. Stop your terrorism, searching for nukes to expand your dogmatic hegemony and extermination of anything not radical mooseslime and we'll stop killing you and not before.

If we would stop trying to fight wars in stupid, politically correct ways they wouldnt take nearly as long, and they'd be a lot more effective. After WWII, we had put the fear of God in people into all but a few of our enemies. We need to get back to that.
So the government comes up with mandated health care and thats overstepping?

Taxes are too high? That's the government.

Draconian gun laws? Yep, government.

Sticking their nose in other country's business half way around the world? The Uss New Jersey bombing residential housing in Beirut?

NO, IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S FAULT PEOPLE HATE US AND TO SAY SO IS TO BE PUT IN THE SAME CAMP AS BIN LADEN. WE CAN KILL WHOEVER THE **** WE WANT AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE ON THE SIDE OF THE TERRORISTS!!

And if they hate us it's because they are on a crusade, or they hate our freedoms.

A little bit of info: you kill my family and they won't be able to identify your body. Well maybe by the knuckle dragging marks.

I blame the public schools.

Last edited by 22rtf2; 01-17-2012 at 14:17..
Old 01-17-2012, 14:24   #26
DOC44

If.... and I said IF Paul dropped out, who would his supporters vote for in the primary.... Yeah, I know he is not going to BUT IF HE DID?

Doc44
Old 01-17-2012, 14:36   #27
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
If.... and I said IF Paul dropped out, who would his supporters vote for in the primary.... Yeah, I know he is not going to BUT IF HE DID?

Doc44
My sense of it is that very few will vote for the GOP nominee. One subset will likely not vote, another will likely vote for the Libertarian candidate, and another will likely write-in RP.

Old 01-17-2012, 14:45   #28
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rtf2 View Post
So the government comes up with mandated health care and thats overstepping?
Yes, that's overstepping.

Quote:
Taxes are too high? That's the government.
Correct.

Quote:
Draconian gun laws? Yep, government.
Yes.

Quote:
Sticking their nose in other country's business half way around the world? The Uss New Jersey bombing residential housing in Beirut?
The USS NJ was not destroying residential housing. It was retaliating against the thugs that murdered almost 300 US Marines who were there on a peacekeeping mission. This "blame the victim" mentality of you Bots is beyond the pale, and frankly cowardly and unamerican.

Quote:

NO, IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S FAULT PEOPLE HATE US AND TO SAY SO IS TO BE PUT IN THE SAME CAMP AS BIN LADEN. WE CAN KILL WHOEVER THE **** WE WANT AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU'RE ON THE SIDE OF THE TERRORISTS!!
Just distort things to support your story, as usual.

We don't kill "whoever we want" we kill scumbags that try to kill us. The usual intellectual dishonesty, cart before the horse.
Old 01-17-2012, 14:50   #29
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
My sense of it is that very few will vote for the GOP nominee. One subset will likely not vote, another will likely vote for the Libertarian candidate, and another will likely write-in RP.
So if Paul's supporters probably will not support any other GOP candidate why is he allowed to run in the GOP primary and be a distracting Uncle Fred that you keep in the basement when company comes over. If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all. I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
Old 01-17-2012, 14:51   #30
22rtf2
Peaceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
The USS NJ was not destroying residential housing. It was retaliating against the thugs that murdered almost 300 US Marines who were there on a peacekeeping mission. This "blame the victim" mentality of you Bots is beyond the pale, and frankly cowardly and unamerican.

Just distort things to support your story, as usual.

We don't kill "whoever we want" we kill scumbags that try to kill us. The usual intellectual dishonesty, cart before the horse.
Bot? Who am I a bot for? I'm not voting for any of these pathetic wastes of life. I do fine on my own, I don't need a king to rule over me.

And why were those Marines in Beirut in the first place? You don't send killing machines on a peace keeping mission. You get involved in somebody elses Civil War and you tend to take casualties. And those Marines suffered for something that you seem to support.

I believe Reagan called that the biggest mistake of his presidency. Why? He didn't understand "Blowback". Did you miss that last part?

Last edited by 22rtf2; 01-17-2012 at 15:08..
Old 01-17-2012, 14:59   #31
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
So if Paul's supporters probably will not support any other GOP candidate why is he allowed to run in the GOP primary and be a distracting Uncle Fred that you keep in the basement when company comes over. If he is a Libertarian then he should run as a Libertarian or not at all. I am starting to think that his most avid supporter are rebellous yoots just using him as a shoe horn to get into the public eye and ear.

Doc44
He already quit the GOP once. No one noticed.

I'm all in favor of closed non-caucus primaries just to put an end to shenanigans.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Old 01-17-2012, 15:02   #32
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:

Doc44
Easy, Doc. I was simply answering your previous questions. I imagine the reason he is "allowed" to run as a GOP candidate is that he is a sitting GOP Congressman. I remind you, however, that I have never pretended RP was anything but a libertarian and bears nothing in common with today's GOP.

Old 01-17-2012, 15:19   #33
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Quote:

Doc44
If and if.... Mitt, Newt, Perry, Rick have dropped out. Ron Paul is the only candidate for the Republican party and who will you vote for?

Last edited by Glock30Eric; 01-17-2012 at 15:20..
Old 01-17-2012, 15:26   #34
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
If and if.... Mitt, Newt, Perry, Rick have dropped out. Ron Paul is the only candidate for the Republican party and who will you vote for?
Which is more dangerous for the US; four years of lame duck obama or four years of Paul. Would probably go with Paul because of supreme court appointments and commie czars.

Doc44
Old 01-17-2012, 16:25   #35
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Which is more dangerous for the US; four years of lame duck obama or four years of Paul. Would probably go with Paul because of supreme court appointments and commie czars.

Doc44
I'd go for Paul over Barry without reservation. All of the Republican candidates are miles better than Barry, if you actually think about it.
Old 01-17-2012, 16:53   #36
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'd go for Paul over Barry without reservation. All of the Republican candidates are miles better than Barry, if you actually think about it.
You're more generous than I, Doc. I'd vote for the guy who was OK with sending the SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in the head.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Old 01-17-2012, 17:20   #37
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
You're more generous than I, Doc. I'd vote for the guy who was OK with sending the SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in the head.
Barry was a peacenik too, before he got THE BRIEF.

When you find out what is really going on, you're kind of stuck at that point. It is a constitutional responsibility.

Ron comes in third to last in the pack for me.
Old 01-17-2012, 20:43   #38
DOC44

obama had no idea what was going on unitl the safety said, "click".

Doc44
Old 01-17-2012, 23:19   #39
Feanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
But is there anybody who is as republican as you? You seem to be kind of like the jesus of republicans.
Old 01-17-2012, 23:21   #40
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Have you been paying any attention to the contests so far and the polling data? He's done better at the polls than the "electable" candidates and gets more money than they do too. You're making stuff up dude.

Now if you're suggesting that the only basis of the unelectable mantra is simply because the GOP elite don't want him then that's a different issue entirely and isn't based on electability but rather acceptability to the elite. The polling data suggests that the People think he is electable.
JB never listens to anything. He lives in his own reality as evidenced by every single on of his posts..

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Closed Thread