Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2012, 14:52   #1
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Marlin 70821 XT22TR

Anyone have any thoughts on this rifle? I ordered one today to replace my model 60 I swore I would never sell

Anyways as the model states it's the tube fed version bolt action with an adjustable trigger and sights.

Rimfire Forum

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 20:45   #2
minnshooter

Did you get the gun yet? I am very interested in hearing your opinions on the gun.

Kevin
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..."

James Madison
minnshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10   #3
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

I did.

It's well constructed with no fit or finish issues. I haven't adjusted the trigger from it's stock configuration but it is very crisp. The action is a little stiff even after 300 rounds. I'm hoping over time it smooths out a bit.

I shot it out to 50 yards with iron sights and kept everything within about a 4" circle. The targets I had brought were to small for the range I was shooting at so I think I could have done better with the rifle if I knew my sight picture was more consistent. I did not have a single failure of any kind using Federal bulk pack ammunition.

I'm considering a scope. The barrel is drilled and tapped already so it should be easy enough. I also think I would have preferred a wood stock with the tube magazine but that wasn't an option at the time. They rifle feels very light, almost toy light so very easy for back packing.

I'm still glad I opted for tube fed over magazine fed. 17 rounds of .22 in a magazine would look silly

Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 03-02-2012 at 05:30..
Old 03-09-2012, 18:05   #4
Geno

I just received mine and the rear sight was installed in the barrel crooked by about 1mm. Kind of a bummer.

I've heard a lot of complaints about rifles coming out of Marlin's new Kentucky plant with quality control issues. I was hoping mine wouldn't have any build issues but I guess they're still having them. Looks like I'll have to install a scope.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 21:27   #5
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
I just received mine and the rear sight was installed in the barrel crooked by about 1mm. Kind of a bummer.

I've heard a lot of complaints about rifles coming out of Marlin's new Kentucky plant with quality control issues. I was hoping mine wouldn't have any build issues but I guess they're still having them. Looks like I'll have to install a scope.
Funny you mention that. Last time out I found myself "manually" adjusting the rear sight. I've got it where I need it now but there was some correction required.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:55   #6
kaptain

I have a marlin xt22tr and I've bought some tech sights for it to help with accuracy, what I am trying to find is a good stock replacement for it that I don't have to modify to fit the tubular magazine. All of the stocks I find are for the detachable magazines..
kaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57   #7
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

The rifle is still pretty new. It would not surprise me that aftermarket parts are not yet available for it.

Tags
.22, marlin, xt22tr