Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-22-2011, 19:42   #1
mildot

Tennier Industries Modular Sleep System

So this system(US ARMY) can be had new for around $150? new at mil surplus stores, US CAV sells it for about $400.Any good?, its not for mountain camping but I'm thinking its a modest investment if you camp once or twice a year or for emergency's or SHTF.
Hunting, Fishing & Camping
Old 12-28-2011, 09:35   #2
mildot

Just "pulled the trigger" on 2, so the reviews are good, however the system is heavy.
I'm not heading to the mountain though.
Old 12-30-2011, 14:25   #3
wvboy

Go for the mountain!

This thing'll handle like, well, like a GLOCK. It isn't fancy, but it'll do whatever you need wherever you are. I've slept in plenty of VERY cold places with this bag, the only bad thing about it is having to leave it on a cold morning. It is a little heavy, but for the versatility, it's worth it. You'll be happy with it.
wvboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 18:11   #4
bustedknee
Curmudgeon

Sounds like it should work though I have never seen that particular setup.

I lived in Alaska for nearly 35 years and after trying every bag I could get my hands on I went with an Ultima Thule by Wiggy.

http://wiggys.com/category.cfm?category=6

Wiggy was making bags for the Alaska Air Guard and Alaska State Troopers.

On every hunting trip I have heard complaints of "I was so cold I could not sleep".
So I complained about being too warm. I usually unzip a couple inches at the foot to keep from overheating.

The best bag in the world is of little use unless you insulate it from the ground. Get a good pad.

http://www.rei.com/gear/feature/sear...FUTc4Aodvz0FlQ

My rule is Never skimp on the sleeping bag or pad.
If you can't get your rest, you can't have a good time.
Old 01-04-2012, 16:46   #5
macsimizer26

i have used these several times during training for weeks at a time in the california mountains where it gets fairly cold at night, not too extremely cold but just cold enough, and i loved it, dry and warm, i bought one off amazon for around 100 and i cant wait to crawl back in it, the one i got was milsurp and came clean with no rips holes or tears, lil camp dry and the goretex layer should be even better, IMO i say go for it, it is heavy tho, wouldnt recommend for long hiking trips
Old 01-04-2012, 17:02   #6
10-32
Here, hold this

I just left the Army in October. I cleared CIF on my last day before my ETS, and that sleeping bag system was the one thing I didn't want to turn back in. I was really a little sad when they took it from me, not gonna lie.

I usually just used the black or green bag, but when you put all three together, it's a fantastic sleeping bag. Very warm and dry. Packed properly, it compresses very well. I (and the buddies I camped with) loved it.

I slept outside in that bag in January in Ft. Lost in the Woods and yes, getting out of the bag in the morning was the worst part.

Last edited by 10-32; 01-04-2012 at 17:04..
10-32 is offline   Reply With Quote