Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:29   #1
RTT1970

SBR Form 1 / Barrel Swap ?

I have an approved ATF form 1 for a SBR (6.8SPC) with a 8" barrel, I've had it for a couple of years. I would like to get a 5.56 /.223 complete upper to put onto the reg. lower. Is this possible ? Most indoor ranges allow the 5.56 / .223 and the 6.8SPC can only be fired outdoors.

What steps do I need to follow before I am allowed to do this. Also, the upper that I am looking at is described as 7.5". Would I need to keep it at 8" as the form 1 describes it as. Thank you for any information that you can provide to me.
RTT1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 20:31   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

You can send a Form 4 amendment to the ATF if the configuration of the SBR changes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 13:27   #3
RTT1970

Thank you for the info. Even though the SBR is on a Form 1, I would use a Form 4 Amendment ? Do I wait before it is sent or can I order an 5.56 upper now ? Also, I was not able to locate a Form 4 amendment, is this a real Form or just a self typed amendment sent to the ATF on what I am planning to do ? Thank you for any help in this matter as I want to make sure I am keeping everything legal.
Old 12-31-2011, 13:37   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Sorry, I meant Form 1. You can just send a letter to the ATF.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:37   #5
RTT1970

Thanks,, Last question, can I buy the upper now or do I have to wait until the ATF sends me a reply that they have my letter about the change ?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:36   #6
Zak Smith
3Gunner

It's always safest to have the ATF documentation beforehand.