GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:41   #1
Jromulo

Any reviews or experience with Barska GLX green laser???

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with the Barska GLX green laser? Or with Barska products in general? I've never heard of the brand Barska before.

Here's a link to the product website:
http://www.shopbarska.com/Laser_Sigh...OUNT_RAIL.html

Thanks

-Jeff
Jromulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48   #2
bobby512

Barska Green Laser ( AU11404 )

I purchased a Barska green laser ( AU11404) for my 12ga shotgun from Optics Planet one year ago. After firing three rounds the laser came apart. I phoned Optics Planet and they asked if I had already mounted the laser on my gun. I replied that I had and they told me that my only recourse was to
contact Barska which I did. I also sent good quality photographs of the broken laser. I asked Barska if I had purchased the correct laser for my shotgun and was it able to withstand the recoil
of a shotgun. They said the laser was defective and that it, in fact, was a good laser for my shotgun. They then replaced the laser for me. The replacement laser was able to withstand 15 rounds before coming apart in exactly the same fashion. I again phoned Barska and they reassured me that this laser was perfect for my gun and it also must have been a defective laser.
I repeatedly questioned Barska about whether this was the correct laser for my shotgun and I offered to pay any additional amount to get a higher quality laser that would perform properly
for my gun. They told me that this was the correct laser and again replaced the laser. Now my third laser is beginning to come apart after about 20 rounds. I called Barska and they told me that their R & D department had a “fix” for my problem and that it would be available shortly.
After another four months, I again phoned Barska and they proceeded to inform me that they would give me a credit of my purchase price, but they have no laser that would be usable on a shotgun. I replied that if I spent the money on a product they repeatedly told me was the correct product for my needs, and they could not replace it with a satisfactory product, I wanted a full refund. I again offered to pay an additional amount for a better product. The refused to refund my money and said they did not have a product for my needs. I refused their credit and will never purchase a Barska product again.
bobby512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:27   #3
SARDG

I've had one for several months but admittedly, don't use it much. Mounted on one of my Glocks at first, then moved it to my AR-15. Works fine on either and can be seen on bright targets, outside, in full sunlight at at least 50 yds. No problems so far.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41   #4
bentbiker
NRA Member

bobby512,
Thank you for the details. Wow!
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:47   #5
4 glocks

I just noticed this post is 1.5 years old.

Here is mine I had it for 1 year and it works fine. No issues at all it on a Sub 2000 9mm 1,500 to 2,000 rounds. The first battery lasted a year and I used it alot.

Edit link http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2661/1000537b.jpg

Last edited by 4 glocks; 12-07-2011 at 10:55..
4 glocks is offline   Reply With Quote