SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:40   #1
Sniperfox
Kopfjaeger

DeLisle Carbine question

I know a person that 'supposedly' has a DeLisle Carbine and wants to get rid of it. Her husband 'supposedly' brought it and others back from his military service overseas. He was OSS during WWII and god only knows what agency in the 15 or 20 years after the war. Anyway, he has recently passed away and she wants to dispose of his collection. I'm sure the weapons that he had were probably not registered anywhere and many of them are supposed to be of the Class III variety. Can they be legally registered now? She is obviously cautious about their existance since she doesn't want to get into trouble and I hope that they aren't destined to be dumped overboard in the atlantic ocean.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:24   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

No, the registry is closed to machineguns. For other items it's illegal to possess them without a stamp. I can't really give any advice other than that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Zak Smith; 12-06-2011 at 12:24..
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 20:03   #3
Sniperfox
Kopfjaeger

A DeLisle Carbine is a .45 acp bolt action suppressed carbine based on the Enfield action. Would that be classed as a machinegun? I was asking if it can be legally registered.

Last edited by Sniperfox; 12-23-2011 at 20:05..
Sniperfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:26   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

"For other items it's illegal to possess them without a stamp."

There is no process to legally register something that has already been made by other than a Class 2 SOT.

Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:13   #5
Sniperfox
Kopfjaeger

Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. I wouldn't be surprised if she burnt his collection or threw them in the ocean from their boat.

thanks for the info.