SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-29-2011, 14:42   #1
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

1 day Remora / G27 test drive

I usually carry my Glock 27 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I like it, very much.
I bought a Remora 6 Art holster for the wife's 26.
I decided to try it out, myself.

Like anything, there is give and take.
The Remora is more comfortable than the CBST, but since there are no clips, it does not "feel" as secure. Its minimalistic design feels less cumbersome than the CBSTís wide leather and clips. It did not move up or down while walking, bending, kneeling, jumping or driving. I did feel a slight rocking, to the rear (worn left side, IWB at about 8:30), but I think only after being seated. This did not pose a problem. I believe that I was more aware of it, because I am not used to how the Remora feels, IWB.

This Remora is the "combat cut" or Artemis version. I believe the extra $5 is well worth the grip purchase it provides. It was easy to get a full grip and draw and reholster.

I believe the Remora could function as a 'shirt tucked in' holster, but I don't think that I would wear it that way. I canít imagine how it would stay put while pulling up one of its two friction points. I have not tried tucking the shirt in and then drawing. I just thought of that test, while typing this.

I believe this holster is worth a try to anyone considering carry methods, and for the price, there is little reason not to try the Remora.

*I am in no way affiliated with the Remora company nor any of itís employees.
Old 11-29-2011, 17:40   #2
1canvas

I have one for my 27 and S&W 640. its great for those quick outings and tucking between car seats. with the 640 [j-frame] its ideal for appendix carry and for big coat pockets. I believe the Remora has a place as a carry option but for most situations I am more comfortable with a holster with some kind of mechanical hook up. the Remora does work as advertized.
1canvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 18:28   #3
Golddog

I'm still deciding about my Remora. I'm not sure of its stability with all fabrics, and I want to make certain of it will stay put every time I draw my CZ Rami from it. I find it LESS comfortable than my Crossbreed; with my physique, at any rate, it feels fatter than a Crossbreed.

However, the Remora is quite versatile and I can see a number uses it might serve in unusual carry situations and postures.
Golddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 19:46   #4
cowboy1964

I only use mine for short carry periods. My MTAC is much more comfortable for longer times.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 20:10   #5
BK63

I have one of those holster drawers full of holsters. I've tried a lot like many on here. The CB Supertuck is very comfortable. There are a few thinner holsters that are more comfortable but not nearly as secure. I don't like the gun moving from side to side and sloshing around. These others may hold it pretty good but none hold it like the CB. I walk for hours in the woods on trails, all over town, and it does not move. I don't worry about the gun falling out.
BK63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 20:42   #6
2740dmx

I like mine for my super-light J-frame (340 M&P)...

but cannot imagine carrying anything heavier in it....
Old 11-29-2011, 23:28   #7
Gregg702
Gold Membership

I use a Remora #10 for my Sig P239 and my P220 Compact, it fits both wonderfully, and the P220 Compact is heavy(I forget how heavy, but I know it weighs the same loaded as my P226). It is the most comfortable IWB I have ever used.

Rimfire Club Member #702

Black Rifle Club Member #702
Gregg702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 23:47   #8
GEN3

They are great holsters but I ended up going back to my shielded holster for iwb with my G27 for a few reasons:

- distributes the guns weight better
- stays where I put it (sometimes the remora would shift slightly)
- Has kydex protecting the trigger
- Draws and re-holsters smoothly
GEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 00:09   #9
thinktwice

I use the "Remora" for my G-19,and sometimes my G-36. I have tried a lot of inside the waistband holsters, and it is without a doubt the most comfortable holster I have tried yet. It stays put when you walk, run, sit, doesn't matter it stays put. I will be ordering another one for my G-33. It's a great concept and a great holster.

I am in no way affiliated with Remora holsters. Just a satisfied customer!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39   #10
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

I too am please with the Remora holster. I was skeptical at it's security without any clips to help hold it in place. I've used it for short stints and for all day. The only time I won't use it is when I go hiking. After a good couple of hours of hiking, it moves with the shorts and can be a issue keeping it straight IWB.

But overall, I have no issues with this holster and would recommend it.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunatorģ ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:53   #11
BDC84

I have two Remora holsters and another on the way. One for S&W 380 Bodyguard, one for a Taurus PT145. The one on the way is for the Glock 26. I Also have a Crossbreed ST for the Taurus and one on the way for the Glock. Very pleased with both. Remora is very easy to grab and go.
BDC84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:35   #12
magpie maniac

Count me as another Remora holster fan. I have three of Alan's holsters (G26, Ruger SP101, and HK P30) and another one on the way. Whenever I use one of my other holsters, I'm reminded why I keep returning to the Remora. It's so dang comfortable and the retention is fine as long as you're wearing a good belt.
magpie maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:22   #13
Cap'n

This is one of those now-it-is-funny (but not then) stories AND NOT an indictment of the Remora holster. I'm carrying the Remora IWB as I type this.

I usually carry in CBST holsters. I'd only had my Remora holster two days when this happened.

We lost house water pressure last Saturday night at 11PM. Never had happened before and though we'd had no freezing weather, I thought I better check outside rather than assume it was a neighborhood-wide temporary problem.

Grabbed a jacket and tucked my G26 into my new Remora holster and placed the combination in the right front bomber pocket (like appendix carry position vs side slash pocket). I did not fasten the bomber poket's flap. I HAD NEVER CARRIED THE NEW HOLSTER IN THAT MANNER BEFORE.

Found we had a ruptured water main (grrrr) in our lawn and while assessing the problem with flashlight in hand, I bent down, and the G26 went plop in the water/mud; the Remora stayed in the pocket. A lot of my Navy vocabulary returned. (I don't EVER remember dropping a pistol in my 64 years.)

While I didn't get to bed until later than I'd expected, cleaning the G26 and magazine turned out to be very easy. Actually only drops of water got into the slide and a little (!) mud on the magazine butt. The gun was back in service before I went to bed.

LESSON: (1) I hadn't tested my new Remora's grip of the gun. It doesn't retain my pistol when the holster is help up and inverted. (However, I do like its easy gun release when carrying IWB.)

(2) As mentioned I'd never carried (any gun) in the bomber pocket before, and while slightly uncomfortable going outside the house that way, I brushed away that niggling concern thinking any pocket carry would be secure. In short, there's no shortcut to testing new carry methods before leaving the house. In this case, I hadn't realized squatting and leaning over would make the G26 fall out of the holster. My fault.
Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:53   #14
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
LESSON: (1) I hadn't tested my new Remora's grip of the gun. It doesn't retain my pistol when the holster is help up and inverted. (However, I do like its easy gun release when carrying IWB.)
The Remora I have for my Glock compact doesn't hold the pistol if inverted but I also like how easily the gun draws.

Alan went out of his way to fashion a holster for my Steyr S9-A1 and it fits a bit snug. I'm not sure inverting the rig wouldn't cause the gun to drop out but I haven't tried that yet. I have repeatedly practiced drawing, wearing my usual garb when carrying CCW, and the holster stays in place as designed.