Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2011, 20:53   #1
joeG26er

What Chest Rig / Chest Carry Pouch for G26?

Hey all-
I like to incorporate running in my training and usually run with a weighted camel-bak hydration system (backpack).

Was wondering if anyone else can suggest a chest carry pouch / chest rig so I can run with my G26?

Looked at some radio chest harness rigs but don't need the radio holster nor the straps around the back. Just a pouch that attaches to my pack straps so I can put my G26 inside. I'll rig up a holster inside the pouch.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 23:14   #2
Serafino

Maxpedition has some small EDC-type pouches that might work. If you look on Amazon a user has posted their picture of one of them w/ a G26 nestled inside. They can be mounted all sorts of ways.
Serafino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:38   #3
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Send a message via AIM to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Yahoo to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Skype™ to nyycanseco33
Hey we all love the feel of EDC with our Glocks just as much as the next guy or girl here and I'm sure running with it sounds fun but if you are running with your G26 because of the area you run through then I highly suggest you take a different route instead of taking chances... In your handgun course you are taught to not walk, or in your case it would be run, into situations that require the use of a gun for protection in the first place...just MHO...
Old 12-03-2011, 07:33   #4
ComeAndGetThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyycanseco33 View Post
Hey we all love the feel of EDC with our Glocks just as much as the next guy or girl here and I'm sure running with it sounds fun but if you are running with your G26 because of the area you run through then I highly suggest you take a different route instead of taking chances... In your handgun course you are taught to not walk, or in your case it would be run, into situations that require the use of a gun for protection in the first place...just MHO...
It is a very, very dangerous mindset to think that you can, with any degree of certainty, predict when or where a violent attack may occur. Violence happens everywhere. If you believe you're safe, or even safer, because you live or work in a "nice" area, then not only are you kidding yourself but your senses are naturally less heightened and I believe you are more vulnerable to attack.

http://www.activeprogear.com/jogger_holster.html

Last edited by ComeAndGetThem; 12-03-2011 at 07:38..
ComeAndGetThem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:59   #5
NMGlock79

I run Daily, I have to for work plus its my favorite type of workout.

My suggestion:

Get a kel-tec pf9 for 250.00 and get the belt clip, clips right on to running shorts and weighs very little, I cant imagine trying to run with a chest harness sort of thing, that would be really annoying.

Ever since I got my kel-tec, I have done almost every run with it (5-6 days a week).
NMGlock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:11   #6
Copis

Survival Sheath Systems headed by Rob Hummelbaugh makes a few chest rigs that I have been using....GREAT PIECE OF GEAR....
Copis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:18   #7
nyycanseco33
Da Fk'n Man

Send a message via AIM to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Yahoo to nyycanseco33 Send a message via Skype™ to nyycanseco33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAndGetThem View Post
It is a very, very dangerous mindset to think that you can, with any degree of certainty, predict when or where a violent attack may occur. Violence happens everywhere. If you believe you're safe, or even safer, because you live or work in a "nice" area, then not only are you kidding yourself but your senses are naturally less heightened and I believe you are more vulnerable to attack.

http://www.activeprogear.com/jogger_holster.html
Apparently you are in the percentage that think the world is a horrible place and you need to carry a gun on you at all times just to survive... It's amazing you survived without one for so long till you were 21 or so... Fear is not a healthy way to live, good luck with that and don't trip over anything while you keep looking back over your shoulder... It's pathetic that society has come to this really and sad that you buy into these beliefs
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24   #8
Brzrkr

I have been running for years, and carrying everything from a G30 to a Kel Tec P3AT in a Belly Band. My weapon is at 4 O'Clock, and all is well as long as it's positioned high up off the waist in order to minimize the bounce effect as I run. Here in Florida, we sweat a lot while running. So, I will usually sandwich a small dish cloth underneath the weapon, between the Belly Band and my skin, and this works well to keep the gun dry. This carry method is super versatile in that you can position the weapon in any way you wish, and they typically come with auxilliary pockets for backup mags, keys, etc. Give it a try.

Last edited by Brzrkr; 12-03-2011 at 11:11.. Reason: to correct spelling.
Brzrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30   #9
ComeAndGetThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyycanseco33 View Post
Apparently you are in the percentage that think the world is a horrible place and you need to carry a gun on you at all times just to survive... It's amazing you survived without one for so long till you were 21 or so... Fear is not a healthy way to live, good luck with that and don't trip over anything while you keep looking back over your shoulder... It's pathetic that society has come to this really and sad that you buy into these beliefs
Good luck with your soothsaying.

Last edited by ComeAndGetThem; 12-03-2011 at 10:31..
ComeAndGetThem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:06   #10
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copis View Post
Survival Sheath Systems headed by Rob Hummelbaugh makes a few chest rigs that I have been using....GREAT PIECE OF GEAR....
Is he still in business?
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41   #11
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Does your Camelbak have d-rings on the front of the straps?
Couldn't you rig some molle gear to them?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:30   #12
joeG26er

Need more info

Thanks for the leads. I will check them out.
I run too fast and hard and too far for a belly band or tucked / clipped firearm.

Would like a pouch that is easily accessed and does not look like a holster.

If anyone has any other suggestions, would love to hear them.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:51   #13
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Is he still in business?
http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/index.htm

Tags
chest rig, g26, glock, holster, running