Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-23-2011, 20:33   #1
tnstaafl

Short Barrel shotgun process ??

I'm considering buying a traditional double-barrel shotgun, one that breaks down for loading and ejecting, and then cutting down the barrel to somewhere around 12 => 14 inches, and also modifying the stock - making it shorter, too, so the stock would end up being similar to a pistol grip.

As far as the ATF is concerned, this would be classified as a Short Barrel Shotgun, correct?

The correct form to fill out and submit before modifying the gun is ATF Form 1 (5320.1), correct?

Once I get the approved form back from ATF, I can modify the gun, or have it modified by the appropriately licenses gunsmith, correct?

Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks!
tnstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 16:30   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

[EDIT] My mistake - see following post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Zak Smith; 11-25-2011 at 18:58..
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 17:39   #3
tnstaafl

Why won't they approve it? DO I need to do something differently? If so, what ??
Old 11-25-2011, 18:57   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

My bad, I thought this was the same thread as the other one. Please disregard.

For an SBS, you submit the Form 1, wait for it to be approved and returned, and then you can modify the shotgun. Just like an SBR you'll have to have it engraved per those same specs.

Note that if you cut down the stock, it may be an AOW instead
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/i...n-nfa-aow.html

Old 11-25-2011, 21:47   #5
tnstaafl

Yes, I'm going to cut ths stock down, too - hopefully, it'll look something like this - http://www.google.com/search?q=ithac...w=1280&bih=856 - so, if that means what I'll end up with an AOW, what form do I submit to ATF and how much? Thanks!
Old 11-25-2011, 21:52   #6
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Per the link I posted, if there is no stock it is an AOW and the Form 1 tax is $200.