Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2011, 16:09   #1
glock30user

Moss 590 side saddle?

I am looking to get a side saddle for my Mossberg M590A1, any recommendations?
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson
glock30user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 18:57   #2
glock30user

bump.
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2011, 19:05   #3
757CC

Side saddle

Mesa tactical is well worth the money...highly recommend
757CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 19:51   #4
glock30user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757CC View Post
Mesa tactical is well worth the money...highly recommend
Iíll check it out. Thanks.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2011, 21:33   #5
Feanor

If you attach it properly, the tacstar is all you need, and at substantial savings. You just need to be sure and loctite the individual screws.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:03   #6
PlasticGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
If you attach it properly, the tacstar is all you need, and at substantial savings. You just need to be sure and loctite the individual screws.
I looked at the Mesa for my 590a1, but I had such good luck with a TacStar on my 870's that I decided to stick with it. The loctite suggestion is right on. Most guys remember the screws that go all the way through the reciever, but forget the little ones that mount the shell holders to the plate. Don't be that guy. Unscrew them, and reinstall them with loctite.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:20   #7
sns3guppy

I have a tacstar on my 590, and one for a 590A1.

The mesa tactical are nice, but the tacstar hold up quite well. They haven't loosened or worn, and have been durable enough.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50   #8
B Coyote

3GunGear.com

bc
B Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:11   #9
glock30user

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticGuy View Post
I looked at the Mesa for my 590a1, but I had such good luck with a TacStar on my 870's that I decided to stick with it. The loctite suggestion is right on. Most guys remember the screws that go all the way through the reciever, but forget the little ones that mount the shell holders to the plate. Don't be that guy. Unscrew them, and reinstall them with loctite.
With using loctite how easy is it to remove to get to the trigger assembly for cleaning / and how will it hold up to be taken on and off at semi-regular intervals?
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-06-2011, 18:58   #10
WoodenPlank
Who?

The mesa is great, but the elastomer in mine doesn't hold up well for long term storage with shells in it. Eventually the elastomer begins to set and the shells lose tension. Take them out for a couple days, and everything is back to normal. The TacStar that I replaced with the Mesa didn't have that problem, but didn't hold the shells as securely, and wasn't as rugged.
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 20:52   #11
PlasticGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock30user View Post
With using loctite how easy is it to remove to get to the trigger assembly for cleaning / and how will it hold up to be taken on and off at semi-regular intervals?
It's not a big deal to take it off, brush the loctite off the threads with a brass brush, and re-apply when putting it back together. It adds a little time to the process, but most of us don't fully break down the recievers of our pump action shotguns very often anyway. And there's no alternative. Don't do it, and things will fall apart.
Old 11-06-2011, 21:00   #12
ArmoryDoc

TacStar is a good unit. Just don't overtighten through the receiver and use Loctite like said.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:26   #13
glock30user

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
The mesa is great, but the elastomer in mine doesn't hold up well for long term storage with shells in it. Eventually the elastomer begins to set and the shells lose tension. Take them out for a couple days, and everything is back to normal. The TacStar that I replaced with the Mesa didn't have that problem, but didn't hold the shells as securely, and wasn't as rugged.
It sounds like there isnít a end all be all for side saddles - kind of disappointing
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-07-2011, 12:49   #14
fuzzy03cls

I use the tacstar. Hasn't moved one bit & I did not use any lock tight.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 13:06   #15
RedneckRampage

If you have issues With the rubber in your Mesa going flat, take it apart, cut a thin piece of welding rod or wire to slide the rubber over. It will never give you an issue again.
RedneckRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:47   #16
glock30user

Thanks for all the input!
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-09-2011, 19:23   #17
officerjohnson

I would recommend the side saddles that attach with velcro. There are no screws to come loose and ruin your day. You can look at the ones available at SKD tactical, there are several different kinds, Look at 3gungear also.
officerjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote