Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-28-2012, 14:10   #1
bigguy1305

Chambered round is being stopped by the next round. What to do?

I recently bought a Bar Sto extended barrel for my Glock 21. When I first try to install it I found out it needed a bit of filling on the hood to lock up correctly. I did that and it lock up just right. Then I loaded it with a few dummy rounds and when I went to the second round it didn't let me. The round in the chamber was getting stuck or stopped by the next round. The end part of the chambered round was getting stopped to the starting part of the casing in the next round. Now when I press down on the slide and try this again it ejected the round just fine but when I leave it as it is it got stopped again.

Does any1 know what part of the barrel do I need to file down to get this working. From what I can see the barrel is not rising enough for the round to be lifted for it to be ejected. So should I file the area where it gets into contact to the slide when the slide is being racked or is there another area that needs to be filed. I checked the hood and that's OK. I also checked the leveling on the underlug and that's leveled. So what can it be.

the first pic is what's happening
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	225523

the second pic is where I think I need to file down
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2570.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	225520
bigguy1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 14:13   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Sounds like your barrel must be "fitted" to the slide, by a gunsmith.

Old 05-28-2012, 14:32   #3
bigguy1305

I can do it myself. I've done little gunsmithing work on my guns and my friends. I also make knives, electric and acoustic guitars. So small intrequet work, filing, sanding and just take enough but not more kind of stuff< I'm accustom to that and I do it well. What I need to know is what part do I need to file for this to be fixed. Also here in Puerto Rico there are no gunsmith. I would need to ship it out using a gun shop and the gun shops over here charge $75 to ship any gun out with there FFL for anything.
bigguy1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34   #4
DannyR

Have you tried firing the pistol? The energy may be sufficient to clear the round.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 17:42   #5
cciman

I agree.

A spent casing ejecting is different than a loaded round (requires less space).

Wear on the top of the slide where you drew the circle is normal even on stock barrels. The slide will "mate" with the barrel over time. I would do no more filing.

Try shooting then answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Have you tried firing the pistol? The energy may be sufficient to clear the round.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote