Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:28   #1
sideshow bob

light primer hits

I went to sight in my g19 today after changing the sights.I sighted in with win white box 115 fmj .I then shot some federal 115 fmj it shot slightly high and to the left but wasnt off by a lot.then i tried some russian 115 fmc ammo and while it shot slightly higher and slightly more to the left than the federal did it grouped well,but i had several light primer hits with it.my 19 has a reduced striker spring along with a few other mods.I ordered a wolf ultra light striker A FEW DAYS AGO iLL REPORT BACK ON THE STRIKER AND IF IT HAS ANY AFFECT ON LIGHT PRIMER HITS.iTS NOT A ISSUE i NORMALLY ONLY USE THE RUSSIAN AMMO in my bretta cx4storm carbine but i figured id try it in a glock to see how it worked.Ive also tried it in a steyr .40 and it worked fine but it was a stock gun.
sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 18:56   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
The Russian ammo uses a hard primer. The LW striker with a light trigger spring may fail. You will most likely need the standard power striker spring.
Let us know how it works out and what combo spring/striker you end up with?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:27   #3
sideshow bob

I will jr I wasnt getting the striker for that reason but am going to see if it makes a lock up time differance and trigger pull differance .The russian ammo would just be a benifit if it helped with it.my g 19 has a reduced striker spring a aftermarket firing pin safety and reduced firing pin spring,a stainless recoil rod and 13 lb spring night sights on the front and ajj on the back.I assumed with the reduced striker spring i would encounter light primer hits with the russian ammo.I look fowars to getting the strikr and a few other goodies i ordered from the wolf.I dont know about others but Ive ordered several spare parts , they are cheap for the glock and just about anyone can install them with out need for a gun smith if they use care.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:26   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

Thats the beauty of a trigger job, the parts are pretty cheap. Lone Wolf is working very hard to DRIVE DOWN the cost. (You like the price on our new striker? http://bit.ly/pm6E3o)
Please be sure to update us with a range report!
Old 10-01-2011, 14:39   #5
sideshow bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Thats the beauty of a trigger job, the parts are pretty cheap. Lone Wolf is working very hard to DRIVE DOWN the cost. (You like the price on our new striker? http://bit.ly/pm6E3o)
Please be sure to update us with a range report!
It might take awhile because Im working a lot of ot but ill try to get you a range report asap.feel like a little kid waiting for my order to be shipped.By the way what a deal a high tec striker for a fraction of the price from a trusted company at that.great way to market a new product.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:21   #6
JR
GT Sponsor

I have been watching the striker market for YEARS. I figured we would jump into it when we could offer all the custom features at the price of a stock piece. This way it would be affordable to our customers AND make absolutely no sense to go with a stock unit.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:47   #7
sideshow bob

Im still waiting for it to be shipped the suspense is killing me.
Old 10-09-2011, 21:43   #8
JR
GT Sponsor

Unfortunately we ran into a minor issue with heat treat. The initial release has been delayed a week or slightly more. Sorry!
These are awesome strikers and they are going to take this market completely by storm. Why would you run a stock striker when you can get a custom light weight for the same price?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:19   #9
sideshow bob

yes I called a couple days ago and was told it will be a week or 2 not a big deal for me.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:42   #10
sideshow bob

Well its 11/27/11 and I ordered on 9/19/11 how much longer will it be?