Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:43   #1
maestro pistolero

Gen 4/G35 trigger not getting better.

For what it's worth, I have tried the the polishing job combined with the following connectors: LWD 3.5, Ghost Rocket 3.5, OEM 'dot' and 'minus'.

All made a slight difference, but there seems to be something controlling the weight of the release which is at least a pound more than ANY of those connectors in my Gen 3 17 and 19. It's got to be two pounds more than either the 17 or 19 with the same connector.

Yesterday, I went to a (polished, by me) gen 3 trigger bar, and there may have been some improvement, but not enough to be certain. The break on this Gen 4/35 is just hard compared to my gen 17 and 19, which are both very nice in comparison, especially the 10-year-old 17. The 17 trigger feels best by far, no matter which connector is in it.

Should I try a trigger spring next? Which one, and can I expect much of a difference? Also, is a there a trigger thread stickied, I haven't found it, but I may be search challenged.

Thanks.
maestro pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
I have not put much effort into the Gen4 because of all the feed and extraction issues. Now that Glock Inc "seems" to have these resolved, I will most likely look into trigger jobs for this series pistol. I am not aware of any stickeys, sorry.
The trigger system on the Gen4 is designed at 100% + engagement between the trigger bar and striker. Odds are, you have a gun that is definitely on the + side. There may not be much you can do, especially if you have already tried the Gen3 TB.

Last edited by JR; 10-03-2011 at 09:21.. Reason: spell
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 18:00   #3
maestro pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
I have not put much effort into the Gen4 because of all the feed and extraction issues. Now that Glock Inc "seems" to have these resolved, I will most likely look into trigger jobs for this series pistol. I am not aware of any stickeys, sorry.
The trigger system on the Gen4 is designed at 100% + engagement between the trigger bar and striker. Odds are, you have a gun that is definitely on the + side. There may not be much you can do, especially if you have already tried the Gen3 TB.
Thanks. Your response confirms my fears that drastic action may be warranted to keep this gun out of the classified listing. Out of desperation I have ordered the Vanek Classic trigger kit for the Gen 4 G35. Wish me luck.
Old 10-04-2011, 15:26   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
We would appreciate a range report detailing the results!
Old 10-06-2011, 17:24   #5
maestro pistolero

Ok not quite a range report, but here's where I'm at. I got the Vanek Classic installed and tried two of the three striker springs. Both were a little light on the trigger pull so I didn't bother with the third (lightest) spring. I went back to the OEM striker spring.

In the process of installing the custom striker safety, the custom striker safety spring kept going sideways on the channel and finally got bent becoming unusable. Operator error no doubt was the issue.

I went back to the OEM striker safety spring with the custom striker safety. I am liking the weight of the take-up stage, so I don't know if I would use the lighter striker safety spring anyway.

Right now it feels like about a 5 lb break, or just barely heavier than either of my two gen 3s (G17 and 19) with stock triggers and "minus' and LWD 3.5 lb. connectors, respectively.

Take-up is now smooth and consistent, hitting a firm "wall" that breaks nicely at about 5 lbs. with little or no discernible creep. Reset is a positive click that inspires confidence and predictability.

If no issues at the range, I am extremely happy with this and feel that it is a very safe and reasonable carry trigger. It breaks just slightly heavier than most of my carry guns, but it's clean, smooth crisp break and positive reset make it a great carry trigger IMO.

Thanks Charlie, if you are listening.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23   #6
maestro pistolero

Went to the range with this yesterday, and tried the med-heavy striker spring from Vanek instead of the OEM spring. I really like the way the gun shoots gun now for the first time since getting it in May.

The medium-heavy spring seemed to break-in pretty quickly though, and the trigger pull got a bit lighter after the first outing. This re-confirms for me that the OEM striker spring will be the way to go. Hopefully it will keep the pull around 4.5 lbs. long term, so I can carry it when attire and circumstances permit.

I can highly recommend this Vanek Classic trigger. The G35/4 went from the worst Glock trigger I ever felt to the best.

Last edited by maestro pistolero; 10-08-2011 at 10:24..